16:06, Sat 17 Oct
It's how karanka plays
Gonna be alot of dreary football
16:07, Sat 17 Oct
At least the transfer window was the best ever
16:08, Sat 17 Oct
Ffs. At least some fans gave Rowett a season before whining about it.
GBR 2020: Sepia tinted visions of a past that never really was, informing an idea of the future that was never really possible.
16:10, Sat 17 Oct
Just saying how it is and how it's gonna be.
I'll support him all the way but it's not a surprise that we're not going to be scoring many
16:10, Sat 17 Oct
Massive improvement in 3 months.
Patience needed. Joke of a penalty decision decided today.
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
16:15, Sat 17 Oct
Rab C Nesbitt

Very true Rab
Not aiming this directly at Karanka - everybody knew what type of manager he was so we can all look forward to games like this until he eventually leaves one way or the other.

But when was the last time that Blues had a manager that set up a team to really take the game to the opposition? When was the last time that Blues had an entertaining team that you felt was always going to give it a go?

My dad started taking me down to Blues in the mid-70s and the Bald Eagle put out probably the best team that I ever had the chance to see and that was about 40 years ago. I know that if we were losing games 4-3 then people would be asking for the team to be more defensively minded but what I want from Blues (and sports in general) is to be a relief from the rest of the world. I want to look forward to Blues playing; as I have got older I am actually less bothered about the results as I am from how they are trying to play. With everything else going on in the world the last thing I need (or choose to be bothered with) is the team that I support looking as though the are always afraid.
16:23, Sat 17 Oct
Rab C Nesbitt

This. Last season we would of been 3-0 down at HT. We’ll improve, Leko was good, MSJ to come in when Clayton has a poor game like today.

Facts are we should of scored, 3 sitters last ten.
16:24, Sat 17 Oct
David Xavis
Rab C Nesbitt

This. Last season we would of been 3-0 down at HT. We’ll improve, Leko was good, MSJ to come in when Clayton has a poor game like today.

Scored 3 against them last season. Much more entertaining
Front foot from the start against Brentford,excellent performance.

Rotherham and Sheffield
Complete opposite for some reason
No pressing or urgency whatsoever
16:26, Sat 17 Oct
David Xavis
Rab C Nesbitt

Facts are that we only created chances when the opposition sat back on their lead
I think it's simplistic to throw it all at a manager's feet. It is about the ethos of the club as a whole. If we had a manager who went all out attack with our current squad we would be destroyed. You need an owner/chairman who knows what he wants, appointing the right DOF and manager combination to bring it in and put it on the pitch. And then you need a fanbase who are willing to let it grow.

We're a great bunch of fans but there are a lot of us who, sadly IMO, much prefer a player who gets stuck in than one who dances on the ball.
16:29, Sat 17 Oct
You would hope though a "competent" manager could help us to score a goal in open play in the first six games or so though ?

That's not much to hope for IMO
16:29, Sat 17 Oct
Rab C Nesbitt

Very true Rab

Not true. We were very poor throughout. No ability to play or pass calmly, barely a chance created.

If not for the pen we would have drawn 0-0. But we lost. At home. To Sheff Wed. Piss poor however you slice it, no amount of sugar coating and wishful thinking changes that
16:30, Sat 17 Oct
Really ? 3 goals in 6 games including the cup, and 1 win.