09:03, Sun 18 Oct
Let’s be honest, we were completely outplayed, Wednesday we’re quicker, stronger, more aggressive and better on the ball.

It was only in the last 10 when they inexplicably sat very deep and allowed us to have to the ball in their half that we created something.

The only positive to come out of the game was Leko, who looked like he had the unpredictability and flexibility to add something different to our play, our midfield looked slow, ponderous and off the pace.
09:25, Sun 18 Oct
I wanted to believe otherwise, my mates said similar, it is early days but it does look like we're going to be a hard watch, Karanka has this reputation of dull football for a reason.

On the plus side, nice not to concede 3 every game 👍
09:33, Sun 18 Oct
Yeah looks like we are defensively solid and soak up pressure most of the time. But in attack we are powder puff and don't really have a system or a technique to score goals. Things will take time to improve.
09:42, Sun 18 Oct
That's fine if it gets results, but at the moment it isn't and we have 1 less point than this time last year.
09:48, Sun 18 Oct
So you'd prefer to go back to how things were last year?
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
09:49, Sun 18 Oct
Yeah, if you play dull football and don't get results you're going to lose support very quickly.

At the moment it's been a decent but dull start to the season.
09:57, Sun 18 Oct
At this point of the season, yes. But I can't imagine we will collapse like we did last year.
09:58, Sun 18 Oct
We don’t offer a threat. In open play our two strikers are off the pace and if pushed forward, lose contact with the midfield.
If we don’t offer a threat the opposition can afford to push players forward and dominate our midfield, making it harder to give our forwards decent service.
We need a Che to bully his way forward and literally keep right on till they’ve scored as he did yesterday.
To counter this the opposition has to keep players back and be more defensively minded.
Toothless teams invite attack.
10:00, Sun 18 Oct
pridding
At this point of the season, yes. But I can't imagine we will collapse like we did last year.
Blimey. I'll happily stick to being content with what this season serves up, ta
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
10:02, Sun 18 Oct
Yep, will be interesting to see.
10:03, Sun 18 Oct
pridding

If we don’t win on Tuesday then Lee Clark will have had more points than AK in 2012/2013 after 6 games. Let’s go back to then 👍
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
DES
10:06, Sun 18 Oct
Rasputin
Ffs. At least some fans gave Rowett a season before whining about it.
Grigori, I don’t remember any moaning about Rowett wasn’t it two tenth places and sacked while three points off third.
His going was because over clubs showed interest in him.

Kro
10:06, Sun 18 Oct
Super Hans
pridding

If we don’t win on Tuesday then Lee Clark will have had more points than AK in 2012/2013 after 6 games. Let’s go back to then 👍
Stuff that!!
10:44, Sun 18 Oct
We don’t offer a threat. In open play our two strikers are off the pace and if pushed forward, lose contact with the midfield.
If we don’t offer a threat the opposition can afford to push players forward and dominate our midfield, making it harder to give our forwards decent service.
We need a Che to bully his way forward and literally keep right on till they’ve scored as he did yesterday.
To counter this the opposition has to keep players back and be more defensively minded.
Toothless teams invite attack.

We need a bit of patience. New manager, new back room bastards, new players, some only recently arrived, some recovering from long term injury. Everybody is learning about each other and from each other. It’s a bit early to be urinating in yer frillies
10:54, Sun 18 Oct
Agreed 😂