10:32, Wed 21 Oct
He's only managed more than 30 games in a season twice.

I wouldn't blame him for being injury prone, but he's absolutely not what we need, nor what we can afford.
GBR 2020: Sepia tinted visions of a past that never really was, informing an idea of the future that was never really possible.
11:06, Wed 21 Oct
If the money was sensible, would take him in a heartbeat, on his day a fit Sturridge would run riot against most defences in this league.
11:42, Mon 26 Oct
Interesting article on player rumoured to have been training with us although I think very unlikely

[www.bbc.co.uk]
11:45, Mon 26 Oct
if Simon Jordan doesn't like him, then he'll do for me
11:52, Mon 26 Oct
Can't say I've ever seen him as a player with an attitude problem.

Just sadly horribly injury prone.

Although I do remember Furlong getting the same accusations, so perhaps some people can't see the difference between the two.
GBR 2020: Sepia tinted visions of a past that never really was, informing an idea of the future that was never really possible.
DES
12:19, Mon 26 Oct
Rasputin
Can't say I've ever seen him as a player with an attitude problem.

Just sadly horribly injury prone.

Although I do remember Furlong getting the same accusations, so perhaps some people can't see the difference between the two.

Exactly the same with David Dunn, people acted as if he had sabotaged his own career and specifically during the Blues part of it, I absolutely loved seeing the guy in possession, although everyone remembers Stern Johns equaliser, it was Dunn's entrance onto the pitch that changed that 2-2 game!

KRO
12:21, Mon 26 Oct
Wasn't the view of certain managers that Furlong's injuries may not have been proper injuries - i.e. refused to play with the slightest twinge, when you had the likes of Grainger carrying on with a broken leg - That could be seen as the 'problem' with Sturridge.
SHA's Resident Estate Agent
12:29, Mon 26 Oct
It's a interesting article but I think Richards is wrong about Sturridge's injury record and wage demands. He's played less than a hundred games in five seasons if I'm not mistaken. As far as I can recall he was earning massive wages at Liverpool and West Brom . I can't imagine Trabzonspor were paying him peanuts either.
12:33, Mon 26 Oct
From memory i'm sure Furlongs injuries were serious ones. Think a fractured kneecap was one of them. Furlong didn't strike me as the sort of player who would deliberately avoid games.

Dunn has openly admitted that he should have played more games at Blues. He played 180 games when he went back to Blackburn.

Make of that what you will.
"supporters should be patient a little while longer - sunshine days are just around the corner."
Ken Wheldon - March 18th 1988
DES
12:38, Mon 26 Oct
the ferret
From memory i'm sure Furlongs injuries were serious ones. Think a fractured kneecap was one of them. Furlong didn't strike me as the sort of player who would deliberately avoid games.

Dunn has openly admitted that he should have played more games at Blues. He played 180 games when he went back to Blackburn.

Make of that what you will.

I looked at his his record throughout his whole career, it was piss poor, I saw him play for England V Portugal under Sven, so I was elated when we signed him, sadly like Michael Owen, hamstrings were like Cotton.

KRo
12:47, Mon 26 Oct
DES
It was a real shame with Dunn because on his day he was some player.

Luckily for us one of those days he was on it was at Villa Park !!
"supporters should be patient a little while longer - sunshine days are just around the corner."
Ken Wheldon - March 18th 1988
12:49, Mon 26 Oct
DES
Danny has always been cautious with twinges of any kind, even as a young kid he would not play if he didn’t feel right. This seems to have been the pattern throughout his career.
13:41, Mon 26 Oct
As it is now however, he’s unemployed. So earning zero
What did the Knights in White satin?
DES
13:44, Mon 26 Oct
the ferret
It was a real shame with Dunn because on his day he was some player.

Luckily for us one of those days he was on it was at Villa Park !!
Twice, the 2.2 draw and the 2.1 win, that was the best midfield performance I can recall up to that time
Robbie DJ Dunny & Daz Carter, we mullered em with heskey torturing them up top⚽️👏
13:51, Mon 26 Oct
Daniel Sturridge would instantly be the best player in the Championship if he signed for anyone in our league.

Dynamite finisher and a quality player.