16:31, Mon 26 Oct
Assombalonga has cost 125k per week so far including his transfer fee. About 22 million.

I used this for salary and could be nonsense.

[salarysport.com]
16:32, Mon 26 Oct
El Mayor
Furlong was not only a good player, but one of the nicest and most humble players I’ve ever met.

Yep, I've said it before.
A very good footballer and even nicer bloke.
Proper
You know I love that violence that you get around here.
That kind of ready-steady violence. That violent 'how do you do'
16:50, Mon 26 Oct
Robert Hopkins
Wasn't the view of certain managers that Furlong's injuries may not have been proper injuries - i.e. refused to play with the slightest twinge
Furlong only really played for Blues under one manager so when did Trevor Francis tell you this?
16:54, Mon 26 Oct
Doug Stamper
Robert Hopkins
Wasn't the view of certain managers that Furlong's injuries may not have been proper injuries - i.e. refused to play with the slightest twinge
Furlong only really played for Blues under one manager so when did Trevor Francis tell you this?

If it was a Blues manager, it could have been Bruce.
The Belle of St. Trillions
17:03, Mon 26 Oct
Did he actually play under Bruce at all??
GBR 2020: Sepia tinted visions of a past that never really was, informing an idea of the future that was never really possible.
17:06, Mon 26 Oct
Spike
Yeah, the myths about Furlong are just that...myths.

Apart from that detached muscle - hamstring I think it was, he also had the snapped kneecap and his other major injury was a blood clot in his thigh caused by Neil Aspin doing him off the ball at Port Vale.

He found time to score 49 goals for us, I wish we had somebody that much of a sicknote for us now.

I honestly never get the lack of acknowledgment from some quarters for what a bloody good player he was for us.

Let's be honest a lot of the stick is/was racist. Black player goes missing in winter.....
17:15, Mon 26 Oct
Brother Tam
Doug Stamper
Robert Hopkins

He was here while Bruce was manager (until the end of the promotion season), yes - I can't remember if he played or was sent to QPR on loan, to be fair. Bruce would also have known him as a player, of course.
17:16, Mon 26 Oct
Newbs
Spike
Yeah, the myths about Furlong are just that...myths.

Apart from that detached muscle - hamstring I think it was, he also had the snapped kneecap and his other major injury was a blood clot in his thigh caused by Neil Aspin doing him off the ball at Port Vale.

He found time to score 49 goals for us, I wish we had somebody that much of a sicknote for us now.

I honestly never get the lack of acknowledgment from some quarters for what a bloody good player he was for us.

Let's be honest a lot of the stick is/was racist. Black player goes missing in winter.....

I had that feeling about it at the time, particularly the 'lazy' jibe which, IMO, was untrue anyway.
17:18, Mon 26 Oct
I think I remember him coming on as sub once.
17:23, Mon 26 Oct
Jerome used to get the same treatment from a few
17:32, Mon 26 Oct
God
Assombalonga has cost 125k per week so far including his transfer fee. About 22 million.

I used this for salary and could be nonsense.

[salarysport.com]

38k p/w 😳
17:33, Mon 26 Oct
God
I think I remember him coming on as sub once.

Just trying to get hold of some stats - apparently he went to Sheffield United for a month in Feb 2002 (I don't remember that) but was back in march and didn't leave Blues until early September 2002, so he was here for about 7/8 months under Bruce.

Looks like he played 11 times for us that season, but with only 2 starts, so yes, a sub's appearance(s) under Bruce seems likely.

[fbref.com]
17:59, Mon 26 Oct
Played against West Brom

[www.soccerbase.com]
19:05, Mon 26 Oct
God
Played against West Brom

[www.soccerbase.com]

Cheers for that. Fairly regular earlier in the season, but Bruce didn't take over until (I think) December 12th, 2001 - that day after we played Palace when TF came back as their manager. The only game that I missed that season because my dog had died that day. 1-0 Mooney penalty, not that I cared.
19:05, Mon 26 Oct
Brother Tam
Doug Stamper
Robert Hopkins

He was all but gone by the time Bruce was manager. IIRC his last goal (maybe even last appearence) for Blues was Francis' last game at Barnsley.