Re: San Jose

19:48, Sat 24 Oct
He was good, 7/10 I reckon, there’s more to come definitely, once he’s properly fit, he’s got great technique and can pass.

Sunjic I just find really frustrating at the minute, every other touch is a bad one, he does one nice pass and then the next he gives it away, he also gave away about 10 free kicks by diving in. Just needs to calm down a bit
20:06, Sat 24 Oct
Scoobers
Ufortunately it's Lily and Sarah

😀
The Belle of St. Trillions
20:53, Sat 24 Oct
Le Mod
He was good, 7/10 I reckon, there’s more to come definitely, once he’s properly fit, he’s got great technique and can pass.

Sunjic I just find really frustrating at the minute, every other touch is a bad one, he does one nice pass and then the next he gives it away, he also gave away about 10 free kicks by diving in. Just needs to calm down a bit

The problem may be that Sunjic is probably been asked to play a role that’s new to him. Almost like Chelsea under Sarri with Jorginho and Kante. Sunjic is used to playing as a deep holding midfielder, sitting in front of the defence and dictating, with more attacking and creative players infront of him. At Zagreb and with Croatia I should say.

Because we’ve signed Clayton who is also just going to sit and attempt to dictate from deep and obviously San Jose who has played in that role in La Liga for years we have two players who Karanka may want to play in the Sunjic role which means he’s going to have to play a different role, a more energetic box to box role which means he may struggle at times, misplace passes and lose possession.
21:07, Sat 24 Oct
We have four holding midfielders if you include Kief.
21:48, Sat 24 Oct
San Jose and Sunjic are true holding/defensive midfielders. Clayton is a central Midfielder that tends to dictate from deep, keep the play ticking over without threatening to push forward with the ball. Gardner is a box to box midfielder and Kieftenbeld is a hybrid of Gardner and Sunjic, just not as good as either of them.
22:15, Sat 24 Oct
Le Mod
The ironic thing about that dopey Sunjic song (other than the fact it claims he is from a city which isn't even in the country he was born in) is that he couldn't be further from being like Modric if he tried.

He's Robbie Savage but without the cunning.
22:50, Sat 24 Oct
He’s technically a better footballer than Savage. I like Sunjic. I think he could play a more advanced role. But clearly his best position is sitting in the middle.
23:27, Sat 24 Oct
I’m yet to see anything in Sunjic to suggest he can dictate, he doesn’t have the passing range or ball control. He’s a good harasser and he has one hell of an engine, but he’s not a technical midfielder.
23:30, Sat 24 Oct
Jimb1
He’s technically a better footballer than Savage. I like Sunjic. I think he could play a more advanced role. But clearly his best position is sitting in the middle.

I actually don’t agree, Savage was underrated technically, he was a great set piece taker and he could ping a pass, his work rate and personality outshone his ability.
23:42, Sat 24 Oct
And against the best players in the country too. Savage in another league to Sunjic! As you say, a great crosser from the right on many occasions and no mean free kick either.
23:51, Sat 24 Oct
In fairness to Sunjic if he can get anywhere near the career Savage had then he’s done well. Maybe San Jose can teach him a few things.
00:45, Sun 25 Oct
Le Mod
I’m yet to see anything in Sunjic to suggest he can dictate, he doesn’t have the passing range or ball control. He’s a good harasser and he has one hell of an engine, but he’s not a technical midfielder.
Spot on.

To be brutally straight, within a few games of watching him last season I realised that whilst he is full of beans and has certain attributes he offered little more than midfielders we had in the squad already. What we have spent millions on for him we have got for free or peanuts in fees previously.

Not a bad player, but we just didn't need him when we signed him (not for the money we shelled out anyway). I wouldn't have been upset if we had recouped a few quid and saved on the wage bill by selling him in the close season as was rumoured to he happening.
00:47, Sun 25 Oct
Redditch Blue
And against the best players in the country too. Savage in another league to Sunjic! As you say, a great crosser from the right on many occasions and no mean free kick either.
Tbf Sunjic has whacked a couple in from distance as well. May be an idea to get him on a free kick or two in scoring positions.
07:17, Sun 25 Oct
Think he’s getting some harsh criticism that he really doesn’t deserve.

Only shot on target of real intent yesterday, came from him and it brought out a brilliant save from their keeper.
08:36, Sun 25 Oct
Le Mod

I don’t really think he is better than keef the amount of times he gets nowhere near a tackle and ends up commiting silly fouls is frustrating. He could have been red carded quite easily a couple of times.