You're right about Subjic being more box to box yesterday.
I made that very point at half time on WM (I'm one of the so called 4 musketeers).
www.sevenstarphotography.co.uk
17:58, Sun 25 Oct
I do think he’s got that in his locker in the right system, seems to have much more of an attacking impact away from home though.

Got a decent shot on him and would like to see him in areas around the box more often, was only denied by a great save yesterday.
07:43, Mon 26 Oct
DES
DES
Clapton, I am sitting down so I won’t keel over at your response,
Did you just compare sunjic to Robbie Savage?

Kro

It’s ok to disagree Des Ivan Sunjic before arriving to blues was described as a play maker. If you watch videos on him you see a very different player to the one we see in a blues shirt.

As much as I love Robbie I doubt we will ever see people describing him in the same way.
07:50, Mon 26 Oct
I think he was wrongly described as a playmaker, I don’t think the videos necessarily show that he was a playmaker. I think we all want him to be a playmaker but he isn’t one.

Savage has never been described as a playmaker because he did so much more, but technically he was very decent. Free kicks, penalties, corners and calm on the ball.

In his later years at Derby when he couldn’t do the other stuff he sat in and sprayed passes for fun. He was MOTM against us in the cup.
08:57, Mon 26 Oct
Perhaps yes but in those videos he’s spraying passes all over the pitch.

He never seems to do that for blues which makes me think he’s either lost confidence in himself or the championship is a much tougher league than the one he left to join us.
DES
08:58, Mon 26 Oct
Clapton
DES
Clapton, I am sitting down so I won’t keel over at your response,
Did you just compare sunjic to Robbie Savage?

Kro

It’s ok to disagree Des Ivan Sunjic before arriving to blues was described as a play maker. If you watch videos on him you see a very different player to the one we see in a blues shirt.

As much as I love Robbie I doubt we will ever see people describing him in the same way.
Clapton, you are right sunjic was described as a playmaker before he joined us, in a way that’s why I’ve always felt let down by him, he was famously described as a young Modric ( see he scored v Barca over weekend!) he is actually just an enforcer!
Robbie imho was the second most influential player ( behind Trevor) I had seen in a Blues shirt!

Kro
09:07, Mon 26 Oct
DES
I can’t disagree with regards to the influence Savage had on blues. He was magnificent for us.
09:19, Mon 26 Oct
I’ve seen some of the YouTube clips of Ivan playing for Zagreb. And you can see he’s playing as a deep lying playmaker.
I think he can play that roll. And to a certain extent he has. He’s technically a good footballer. The championship is a much more competitive league than the league he came from.
At the moment Karanka’s asking him to get forward more. Which I think is the right decision. San Jose looks like he could become that deeper sitting midfielder.
09:37, Mon 26 Oct
Jimb1
He’s technically a good footballer.

I've not really seen this, certainly not yet, his appreciation of the ball, his touch and his passing have been about average I think, not bad but not impressive.

I really really want him to be someone who has a great range of passing and who can take the ball under pressure but the reality is he has not done it or shown it yet, I've not seen enough signs to suggest he has it in his armory. We keep bringing in technical midfielders to go along side him (McReachran, Clayton, San Jose) which suggests the club don't see him as that man either.

He is best along someone who can do that role for him, last year his best games were with Bellingham, this year it's likely to be San Jose, in the opening games it was Clayton. Win it, give it 5 yards, chase, harass.
09:56, Mon 26 Oct
From what I’ve seen so far, Sunjic isn’t that deep lying playmaker. But he has good all round game. Obviously he hasn’t had the influence that maybe the record transfer fee suggests. He’s 24. He’s going to improve.