08:31, Mon 26 Oct
Acocks Green car park isn’t big. Solihull is the biggest but that gets full as well.
08:35, Mon 26 Oct
Maybe we could all park in Coventry 🤪
10:42, Mon 26 Oct
I hate BCC they state "to manage demand" .....what eff1n demand there's hardly anyone parking in
Digbeth at the moment. This is just a long term money making policy they dont give a toss about local business.

I bet they dont set-up an Aston Restricted parking zone anytime soon.
CJ
11:16, Mon 26 Oct
Shirley and Whitlocks End both have parking. Night games would be an issue. Not many trains at that time of night.
11:20, Mon 26 Oct
CJ
Everyone moans about parking zones but when they are in place no-one in their right mind would go back.
12:17, Mon 26 Oct
GBlue
I hate BCC they state "to manage demand" .....what eff1n demand there's hardly anyone parking in
Digbeth at the moment. This is just a long term money making policy they dont give a toss about local business.

I bet they dont set-up an Aston Restricted parking zone anytime soon.

Exactly. Where I normally park there is a school and no residential or businesses. Ill thought out and nothing but a money making policy to subsidise the council's inability to manage their finances.
12:24, Mon 26 Oct
Racelight
Ill thought out and nothing but a money making policy to subsidise the council's inability to manage their finances.

How do you expect the council to manage it's finances when funding has been slashed by this government?

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
GBR 2020: Sepia tinted visions of a past that never really was, informing an idea of the future that was never really possible.
12:32, Mon 26 Oct
The other thing that's p1ssed me off is the 4 hours maximum. I normally park in Adderley St by the old Wagon and Horses,
I get there about 12:30 and park in a virtually empty street. This now means I cant park there until about 13:10 to enable me
the time to get back to the car after the game.

I know this is all academic as we probably cant go until next year but that's beside the point.
12:50, Mon 26 Oct
Aston and Digbeth aren't really comparable though are they? They aren't targeting Blues games, it's a busy and popular area adjacent to the city centre.

I understand the frustration completely as its where I park but let's not confuse what the issues are for the sake of being petty.
12:54, Mon 26 Oct
Driving up from South Wales I sometimes park at Olton.....piece a piss off the motorway always loads of space in car park and nearer kickoff you can get off at Bordesely

Always get a ticket but never had to show it to anyone, even at Moor Street.

Can be home in South Wales by 7 usually.
13:02, Mon 26 Oct
God
Aston and Digbeth aren't really comparable though are they? They aren't targeting Blues games, it's a busy and popular area adjacent to the city centre.

I understand the frustration completely as its where I park but let's not confuse what the issues are for the sake of being petty.

Correct mate... if they were targeting Blues games they would copy what they do at Vile Park!

Where most of it is residential parking only via permit on match days with a £60 fine for breaching it. ...
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
13:07, Mon 26 Oct
The Blues Persecution Complex strikes again, if its not David Prutton it's the Council
13:13, Mon 26 Oct
How much money do you think it's going to generate?

There's plenty of places left to park. You're just going to have to pay or walk a bit further.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
13:30, Mon 26 Oct
GBlue
The other thing that's p1ssed me off is the 4 hours maximum. I normally park in Adderley St by the old Wagon and Horses,
I get there about 12:30 and park in a virtually empty street. This now means I cant park there until about 13:10 to enable me
the time to get back to the car after the game.

I know this is all academic as we probably cant go until next year but that's beside the point.

Most of Adderley Street (possibly all of it) is now Permit only
14:45, Mon 26 Oct
Don't know when you last got off at Moor Street.

There are ticket barriers there - no ticket, can't get out.
www.sevenstarphotography.co.uk