22:06, Sat 24 Oct
i miss this place so much.
ive been to shababs,its nice food,but not a patch on saleems.
this bloke ordering a madras balti and saying it wasnt hot enough is a prat,balti is not about how hot it is,its all about the flavour.
friday i went to karachi king in small heath,first time since lockdown.
great food,chichen balti,keema balti,naan,katlama,the works.

and when anyone says the is a good one in,solihull,sutton,north​field,quinton,rubery,erdington,wes teeth,olton,acocks,shamrock rovers,bromsgrove,highgate,lowgate,selly oak upon rea,lonnngbridge,
lifford by the rezza,or anywhere else,i will say nickers the are crap.

saleems was the king,but has sadly gone.

the new king is karachi king cov rd small heath.

i have not been paid for this post,

but i wouldnt say no to years supply of nice grub.
04:36, Sun 25 Oct
I understand the Khyber Pass in Alum Rock is the same as it was 35 years ago as is Azims in Lozells. Not many old school balti houses left.
05:31, Sun 25 Oct
Billy Birmingham
i miss this place so much.
ive been to shababs,its nice food,but not a patch on saleems.
this bloke ordering a madras balti and saying it wasnt hot enough is a prat,balti is not about how hot it is,its all about the flavour.
friday i went to karachi king in small heath,first time since lockdown.
great food,chichen balti,keema balti,naan,katlama,the works.

and when anyone says the is a good one in,solihull,sutton,north​field,quinton,rubery,erdington,wes teeth,olton,acocks,shamrock rovers,bromsgrove,highgate,lowgate,selly oak upon rea,lonnngbridge,
lifford by the rezza,or anywhere else,i will say nickers the are crap.

saleems was the king,but has sadly gone.

the new king is karachi king cov rd small heath.

i have not been paid for this post,

but i wouldnt say no to years supply of nice grub.

Iā€™m sensing someone might have had a few Cobras before writing this post!
08:01, Sun 25 Oct
Azim's in Lozells, was the best tonbe had in the early 80's. Balti's the likes of which can nit be matched now. Nothing like the Azim's that exists now which is ok, but not the same.
09:03, Sun 25 Oct
What about the Royal Al Faisal on Stoney Lane, Sparkbrook in the 1980s?
09:38, Sun 25 Oct
Saleems re-opened as Abuls Cafe & Diner a couple of years ago. Small place on the Stratford Road, opposite Hall Green Station. Still run by Raf. Same food/recipes as Saleems.
09:55, Sun 25 Oct
Best ever for me was the Lunch House. Think it was on the Ladypool. Difficult to find an authentic Balti now. Most just don't seem to taste the same. Its as if they are all cooking from the same pot these days.
Like an English rain. So light yet endless from a leaden sky. Neil Peart RIP.

And when the music stops
There's only the sound of the rain.
10:19, Sun 25 Oct
nice to have a choice tho ain't it mate
10:53, Sun 25 Oct
One of the original 'Finger Dipper' balti houses on Stoney Lane was Gazallas ( sp ).

Fronted by the man himself complete with filthy blood stained apron
šŸ‘
Who painted Rosie's knickers blue and white ?
12:20, Sun 25 Oct
Had a few home delivery's with this corvid going on & me & the other half found them disappointing, then I found this company in Walsall [tastesmiths.com] that will supply you with all you need to cook a really good curry, the Goan with prawns is fantastic.

The Mrs now calls me a master chef
13:23, Sun 25 Oct
I was a Shababs man myself. My Saturday routine was always Horse Shoes Hall Green, Blues, Horse Shoes, Power House, Gary Owen, Shababs. The good old days.
I will nail my colours to the mast, if he comes he will get 10 goals before the end of the season for us. You don't lose the ability to score goals. It's not like the sh1te and stoke haven't ruined strikers before.

Salford Blue 27th Jan 2020
14:01, Sun 25 Oct
I would recommend Indian restaurant curry at home by Richard Sayce(Amazon) and The Curry Guy by Dan Tombs. You really can recreate India restaurant style curry at home. A little cookery experience helps. Cooking a Balti at home is really easy.
14:10, Sun 25 Oct
Salford Blue
I was a Shababs man myself. My Saturday routine was always Horse Shoes Hall Green, Blues, Horse Shoes, Power House, Gary Owen, Shababs. The good old days.

I was known to end up in the Gary Owen on Matchdays. The Girlfriend used go mental. We came close to splitting up several times over it. I always thought she was being unreasonable. I would get back home for about 7 o clock the next morning.
14:18, Sun 25 Oct
She wanted you home later ? šŸ˜›
14:41, Sun 25 Oct
Diwan almost opposite the old Moseley Dance Centre is my fave. Food tastes exactly like it did on first visit 30 odd years ago.

No grease fresh spices and stunning nans.