22:22, Sat 24 Oct
Liverpool game. Sheffs pen wasn’t one imo.
Robertson’s handball not given should have been, but wasn’t given imo.
But the bewildering one for me was Firmino’s goal. Offside pretty clearly. No lines shown on motd highlights and not reviewed in studio. Has anyone else seen it?
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
22:35, Sat 24 Oct
Add Harry Maguire headlock v Chelski. The standard of refereeing & VAR continues on a downward spiral. Not sure that the authorities care.
22:39, Sat 24 Oct
Yeah weird that was. I saw that live. Clear as per the laws. And makes Sheffield Wednesday's pen and ours v Rotherham look very very soft
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
22:48, Sat 24 Oct
Thought our ref today was very good, let lots go
22:51, Sat 24 Oct
mr_crosby
Thought our ref today was very good, let lots go
Yeah, was perfectly fine
22:57, Sat 24 Oct
Refs that let play flow usually have a good game. Far to many are too fussy nowadays and continually break the game up.
23:03, Sat 24 Oct
On the other hand, Greedyish seems to have been rumbled, and is even failing to get penalties that should have been given. So I guess there are some crumbs of comfort.
23:08, Sat 24 Oct
👍
23:08, Sat 24 Oct
Mister Mutley
Refs that let play flow usually have a good game. Far to many are too fussy nowadays and continually break the game up.

I agree. The best refs talk a lot, like Rugby Union refs, and warn the players before they do something stupid. I think players respect those referees more. So we end up with a better, free flowing game.
06:24, Sun 25 Oct
SOBLUE
Add Harry Maguire headlock v Chelski. The standard of refereeing & VAR continues on a downward spiral. Not sure that the authorities care.

If that was not a penalty we may as well get rid of referees as well as VAR. One of the reasons I was glad when Blues were in the Premiership was you got a much better standard of referees than in the Championship. Not anymore it would seem.
08:50, Sun 25 Oct
Mad Blue
SOBLUE

If that was not a penalty we may as well get rid of referees as well as VAR. One of the reasons I was glad when Blues were in the Premiership was you got a much better standard of referees than in the Championship. Not anymore it would seem.

Apart from the other things that I hate about VAR (spontaneity etc), there’s this. VAR was supposed to ensure that refereeing mistakes didn’t happen. It really boils down to someone else’s opinion other than the refs. The opinion that this wasn’t a penalty was ridiculous. It was as clear a penalty as you will see.

So, in addition to slowing the game down by as much as minutes sometimes, the system is also fallible when it comes to decision making.

I’m not being dramatic when I say that this is the work of Satan himself. *

* Well, maybe a bit dramatic.
The Belle of St. Trillions
09:29, Sun 25 Oct
SOBLUE

Both arms around the players neck - as clear a pen as you will ever see, ridiculous that it wasn't given on review.
10:11, Sun 25 Oct
I've just seen the Liverpool equaliser again and can't understand why no lines were put up to judge Firmino being offside (he was imo) and why no one else has mentioned it
10:12, Sun 25 Oct
Rab C Nesbitt
Liverpool game. Sheffs pen wasn’t one imo.
Robertson’s handball not given should have been, but wasn’t given imo.
But the bewildering one for me was Firmino’s goal. Offside pretty clearly. No lines shown on motd highlights and not reviewed in studio. Has anyone else seen it?

Firmino was behind the ball when it was knocked back to him so he was onside.

Chelsea one was as clear penalty as you can get. I don't think var even looked at it did they?
10:17, Sun 25 Oct
as ure wrong ffs