10:43, Sun 25 Oct
Use Richer Sounds next time. You get a 6 year warranty.
10:50, Sun 25 Oct
generalBlue
Maybe you already tried this but assuming its a HDMI feed have you changed that cable ?
Also worth just checking the condition of the HDMI input socket on the TV itself.
If you are using a Skybox or other source have you tried that source into another tv ?
Obviously that will rule out the source as the issue .

I have tried another cable, and now I think about it, this has only happened since I had a replacement Sky Q box.

Haven’t tried a different HDMI port, or unplugging Sky and testing tv apps, Netflix etc.

I’ll do that today and report back.

Thanks.
10:55, Sun 25 Oct
Good man
Hope that's saved you another 4 grand 😊😊
Every woman every man
Loves Karankaman, we're Blues
Stand up... stand up.... stand up
Everybody make a noise
We're the Brummie boys
Stand up, stand up .....
10:57, Sun 25 Oct
I think the chain of events was: took the tv to a repair guy in Kings Norton, he couldn’t fix it, so he advised us about The Sale of Goods Act & suggested contacting Curry’s. We did that, quoted the act & they requested the report. Repair guy did report & Currys refunded. Well worth contacting the shop to begin with, quoting the Sale of Goods Act, to see what they come back with. I’d also check in case there have been any amendments to the act.
11:06, Sun 25 Oct
GBlue
I think the chain of events was: took the tv to a repair guy in Kings Norton, he couldn’t fix it, so he advised us about The Sale of Goods Act & suggested contacting Curry’s. We did that, quoted the act & they requested the report. Repair guy did report & Currys refunded. Well worth contacting the shop to begin with, quoting the Sale of Goods Act, to see what they come back with. I’d also check in case there have been any amendments to the act.

👍
11:45, Sun 25 Oct
generalBlue
Good man
Hope that's saved you another 4 grand 😊😊

Sad to report that fault is still there when I remove the HDMI cable from the Sky box and I can see it on Netflix/Prime Apps via the smart TV itself.

Was worth a try though, and I appreciate all those who took the trouble to respond.

I’ll talk to Curry’s tomorrow and see what they offer/suggest and perhaps try and find an engineer locally in Telford.
11:52, Sun 25 Oct
It is not unusual for John Lewis to offer 5-year warranties and, at the moment, Richer Sounds are doing 6 year warranties on some models.
12:15, Sun 25 Oct
I wouldn’t be confrontational; but make it clear you know your rights under the Consumer Credit Act 2015. The law states goods should be expected to last a ‘reasonable’ length of time, and due to the fact of the price and quality of good you purchased it is safe to say 3 years is not a reasonable amount of time and you intend to obtain an engineers report to confirm that Where do I send once done and it confirms my suspicions that there was an inherent fault at purchase.

Let them talk after that but I suspect they’ll say fair enough send us it and we’ll sort something out
12:26, Sun 25 Oct
Pearly Dewdrops
Any TV Experts around?

I have a Sony Bravia KD-55A1 that has developed annoying horizontal lines and a definite colour problem in the middle of the screen.

I’ve tried panel refresh, factory resets, messing with the myriad of colour tweaks etc., but to no avail.

Only had it three years, nearly £3k of TV, and of course I didn’t take out the extended warranty.

Mrs PD “not best pleased” 😔

Any advice, expert or not, might extend my admittedly limited love life beyond buying a new one.

TIA.

Thats weird, i have the same Tv in my bedroom and only this morning contacted Peter Tyson about a fault it has developed, not picure related but wifi and inputs related. By the sounds of it, it definitely seems like your panel has gone and is probably beyond remain. Have a look on Avforums, plenty of experts on there, so much so i dont understand half the things they are talking about!.
If you have to get a replacement have a look at Panasonic Hz series, i bought the Gz200, last years model and it blows the Sony A1 out the water picture wise.

Hope you get it sorted.
12:28, Sun 25 Oct
Mr Crosby was very excited when you are looking for advice on a TV. Unfortunately she meant the other type of TV and is now quite disappointed.
12:50, Sun 25 Oct
There is a place down from the bill and bull on the cov Road that fixes this sort of thing...
12:55, Sun 25 Oct
Scarface
Use Richer Sounds next time. You get a 6 year warranty.

The six year warranty costs you 10% of the purchase price.

The OP did say he didn't bother with an extended warranty...
GBR 2020: Sepia tinted visions of a past that never really was, informing an idea of the future that was never really possible.
13:11, Sun 25 Oct
If true it's amazing how they are still consistently one of the cheapest and have such a good customer service reputation
13:20, Sun 25 Oct
Scoobers
If true it's amazing how they are still consistently one of the cheapest and have such a good customer service reputation

The one in Town is closed for good i believe, its a shame.
13:24, Sun 25 Oct
crude
Mr Crosby was very excited when you are looking for advice on a TV. Unfortunately she meant the other type of TV and is now quite disappointed.

😀