14:49, Thu 19 Nov
Managed to snag myself one today from Amazon, gets delivered tomorrow via prime.
Anybody else excited to play next gen gaming?
It’s gonna look beautiful next to my LG Oled CX
14:51, Thu 19 Nov
Tried and failed miserably, had one in my basket on Amazon but errored on checkout, but my own fault for ignoring the pre-orders in september.

But not too fussed as most of the games I want for it aren't out just yet.
15:13, Thu 19 Nov
I think eBay should ban the sale of brand new sealed consoles like this and the new X Box. Parents have enough to fork out over the Christmas period without arseholes snapping them all up to sell on at a tidy profit.
15:23, Thu 19 Nov
I just got lucky, had all the same problems as you but got through once without error.
People selling them for high prices on eBay makes my blood boil.
15:28, Thu 19 Nov
Scarface
I think eBay should ban the sale of brand new sealed consoles like this and the new X Box. Parents have enough to fork out over the Christmas period without arseholes snapping them all up to sell on at a tidy profit.

It should be a criminal offence.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
15:39, Thu 19 Nov
I pre-empted this and got a cheaper new Xbox One X instead in October, ready as an xmas pressie.

I didn't fancy the mad panic near xmas, and the inevitable stock issues that have come to fruition.

Plus all the games are more or less the same and will be available one one x, anyway.

I know you've got ray tracing and loading times are better, but as it's for my young lad so I couldn't justify the 450 quid yet.
I'll let them iron out the bugs and buy the 'revision' in 2-3 years.
15:43, Thu 19 Nov
The lad has got the series x, must admit the graphics are stunning. It's the same with the PC gaming malarkey - been after an RTX 3070 graphics card, but scalpers and bots have bought up most of the stock and I've seen them for sale double price and berks are paying it. Wait a few months and pick one up easily and at rrp.
15:43, Thu 19 Nov
Stetchy, I'm going to chase you round this board until you say something positive, anything, absolutely anything will do.

Your Argus rating is 'dismal' until I see happy.
15:53, Thu 19 Nov
Stetchy, I'm going to chase you round this board until you say something positive, anything, absolutely anything will do.

Your Argus rating is 'dismal' until I see happy.

Feck...off 🤣

I am positive, I assure you, you're misunderstanding me.

Also, my points are fair - go check GAME website, all sold out for the new 'release date'.

All I am saying is I saw this mad rush coming and given the fact my lad is only young, I opted to get a One X at major discount, than play the game, racing a load of automated BOTS to preorder a console.
06:22, Fri 20 Nov
Just looked at the price of them on ebay and that's disgusting.
I could build a decent PC for what some of them are going for.
Keeping Right On since 1981
07:42, Fri 20 Nov

Fecking hell people have listed the items before they've even received their console 😳😳😳

Scum!
07:46, Fri 20 Nov
Blueboy81

As much as £800 for the £450 version. Some are on Gumtree for £1000.

I’d love to win one of these auctions and turn up at the sellers house to collect it and just walk off without giving them a penny!
07:49, Fri 20 Nov
I managed to get a xbox series x on pre order, it arrived last week. Very impressed so far, massive improvement on the previous gen consoles which you'd expect really.
08:41, Fri 20 Nov
Selling something for a profit should be banned?

Marxist!
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
08:42, Fri 20 Nov
Blueboy81

As much as £800 for the £450 version. Some are on Gumtree for £1000.

I’d love to win one of these auctions and turn up at the sellers house to collect it and just walk off without giving them a penny!

Trouble is, these things (goes with anything really, tvs, pc components, consoles) are worth what people will pay for them - if it wasn't for dicks willing to pay 3 times the RRP just to be 'first' then the scummy resellers would have no customers and wouldn't bother.