13:54, Fri 20 Nov
Yep and more than that these feckers are the reason why people bother buying to sell on - berks.
14:16, Fri 20 Nov
Don't know if this will work Smelly - but here's the card (it's nearly as big and heavy as a laptop) even got a small LCD screen to give info on temps, speeds of fans, clocks etc but also you can stick gifs or images on there too, for a little personalisation 😁

[photos.app.goo.gl]
14:46, Fri 20 Nov
Marketing hype. Look at people queuing up for new Apple products. Get your day 1 iPhone, post it on instragram with your Starbucks frappe, farm the likes, live your best life.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
15:02, Fri 20 Nov
bluer than blues
At this stage, the difference in graphics will be will negligible

it's not. the difference is quite a lot already. plus it's not just graphics. the lack of loading times is a massive plus point too.
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
15:11, Fri 20 Nov
bluer than blues
At this stage, the difference in graphics will be will negligible

it's not. the difference is quite a lot already. plus it's not just graphics. the lack of loading times is a massive plus point too.

You're both right in a way. Ray tracing, loading times and graphical improvements will be there, but look at a xbox one x game and a series x game, at this stage the difference isn't enough for me to ' rush out to buy a day 1 series x '.

Look at the most the discussions, people arguing over 120 frames per second......with a 60hz telly.

As i say for now, i'll use the one x for a couple of years and buy a series x when there's proper development for it and all the bugs are ironed out.

That said, at this stage i think the Series X is looking like it's leading the battle at the minute.
15:23, Fri 20 Nov
sony will win the battle again i think. xbox will lose out due to having to develop games to run on both bits of kit.

the main progress wont be seen by many unless they've got a HDMI 2.1 TV and games that use it. thatrs said it's still a massive upgrade graphically even on cross platform games like assassin's creed.

sony's big game is likely to be horizon zero dawn which looks phenomenal.
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
18:48, Fri 20 Nov
It's down to preferences but to me the graphical improvements (at this stage) and a lack of loading times is nowhere near enough incentive to shell out £450 when my PS4 is still working well. I stand by the other comments, too - a lack of game library and a strong chance that release day PS5s will not work as efficiently as models that come out a year or more down the line.

Again, it's just opinion but I honestly think people are better off waiting at least a year. The PS5 will never be more expensive than it is today, it will only get cheaper.
19:16, Fri 20 Nov
Bluesince62
Don't know if this will work Smelly - but here's the card (it's nearly as big and heavy as a laptop) even got a small LCD screen to give info on temps, speeds of fans, clocks etc but also you can stick gifs or images on there too, for a little personalisation 😁

[photos.app.goo.gl]

Well done, you've now made me want to mod an LCD screen onto my GPU 😂
19:51, Fri 20 Nov
Anyone got the PSVR? Resi Evil on it is amazing! I’ll be tempted to get the PS5 if they support VR and bring out another RE game for it.
19:58, Fri 20 Nov
Bluesince62

[photos.app.goo.gl]

Well done, you've now made me want to mod an LCD screen onto my GPU 😂

Just get the aorus master, really is an impressive piece of gear.
20:40, Fri 20 Nov
Exactly.
The fact that halo infinity will be on Xbox one X...and everything is backwards compatible is great.

The ps5 backwards compatibility is cagey at the minute. Some games you have to buy a new copy of the same game. Madness.

And we aren't due another GTA until.. what? 2021,22?

Until then I'll keep the One X and enjoy all the same games that the series X lads are playing.

120 frames a second doesn't bother me. Faster loading times is cool but ....it's just time.

I will get a series X. Just not yet. Not for 450 quid.

Fwiw, I got a brand new Xbox one X for 240 quid for my lad and the rest of the money I spent on a bunch of games for about 5 -10 quid each. Overall a better deal for me. With a 4k telly at max 60 frames a second that will be fine.
20:52, Fri 20 Nov
I’m a bit of a mug for new gadgets but 2.1 isn’t needed yet.

Just bought this though and it’s much, much better than the new Samsung QLED it replaced:

[www.richersounds.com]

100hz and 4K is a enough for now. Anyone buying an 8K TV purely for 8K must be mad, there’s still not enough 4K out there yet.
21:29, Fri 20 Nov
How much do you think I’ll get for my ps4 pro? I don’t even want it in the house now.
21:49, Fri 20 Nov
I’m a bit of a mug for new gadgets but 2.1 isn’t needed yet.

Just bought this though and it’s much, much better than the new Samsung QLED it replaced:

[www.richersounds.com]

100hz and 4K is a enough for now. Anyone buying an 8K TV purely for 8K must be mad, there’s still not enough 4K out there yet.

Nice man. My telly is standard 4k UHD panel. Nothing special.

What makes me laugh is they bring the One X out as the most powerful console ever promising 4k 60fps..and it achieves this on some games and obviously is still a good console.

But now they're banging on about 120 FPS when in reality, it's probably more likely 4k stable at 60. Have they actually demod a game at 120fps stable?

They need a selling point. It's either FPS, Teraflops or some other coined phrase and about 6 months in the complaints start from gamers who aren't seeing promised kept.
bluer than blues
I don't see the point of it all really. I know some people get obsessive about being early adopters but the way I look at it there is barely a library of games available and most are out on the PS4. At this stage, the difference in graphics will be will negligible and this is the most expensive the console will ever be. There's also the probability that the initial consoles have issues that will be ironed out in a year's time - the release day PS4 fan springs to mind.

IMO, much better to wait a year when the price is cheaper, the console performs better, and developers have gotten a better handle on its capabilities.

Anyone paying more than the release price on ebay is blooming stupid.

Quite right. It's only because we've developed this irrational need for consumption that there is a frenzy around release dates for the latest products. The irony of people getting frustrated at those taking advantage of the madness makes me chuckle.