You’re welcome.
19:38, Fri 20 Nov
🤦🏼‍♂️
20:20, Fri 20 Nov
El Mayor
Mario kempes 78
El Mayor
Mario kempes 78
Internationals all over till March results have to improve in my eyes or he's for the chopping block.. He's had a bit of time to gel and it's failed so far with the ridiculous chopping and changing of the squad... Back to basics for me 442 all the way plus keeping the same team week in week out..

Embarrassing
I hope he rams it down my throat pal but I'm yet to be convinced with all the changes every week.. He's been given what he wants as well.

Seven games in 21 days means you have to change personnel. Not including the injuries and suspensions.

And demanding 442 just makes you a effing dinosaur.

Funny how someone doesn’t hold the same opinion as you and they get called “embarrassing” and an “effing dinosaur”
21:41, Fri 20 Nov
9 goals in 12 games is utter utter tosh... Sorry karanka but you aren't cutting the mustard pal
Clueless.

Fight me.
21:56, Fri 20 Nov
LondonBlue
He hasn't done bad enough to warrant sacking so soon into his tenure.

Correct.

You know what though, I don’t understand why we haven’t just put Sanchez and Bela on their normal sides and gone with Hogan and Juke up front?

We’ve got the best header of a football on the planet (except tonight), let’s put some effing crosses in.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
21:59, Fri 20 Nov
I smiled at this earlier. Having just watched that, unless something drastically changes soon, I honestly don’t think he’ll get another 9 games.

That was beyond turgid against a very poor side.

Just about everybody on our bench would walk into their starting line up
What did the Knights in White satin?
22:00, Fri 20 Nov
Good point that
So Karanka has been tasked with rebuilding the club over a '3 year project', meaning that in theory, he'll potentially have another 5 transfer windows to reshape the squad.

But what is that squad going to look like?

Looking at the demographic of the squad from the stats last week, we have the oldest squad in the league and one of the oldest throughout English football. I think its certainly reflected in the way we play.

Last night, our average age of the team we put out was 29 years old.

I don't think it's unfair to suggest that Karanka prefers relying on older and "more experienced" players.

I know it's a debate that's been to death, but Crowley has been frozen out. Bailey who was on the cusp of being another academy graduate to break into the team, was loaned out - despite showing some decent flashes last year. Harding was sold. I worry that Karanka doesn't trust younger players and would rather see more older, experienced players keeping a rigid shape and being harder to break down, rather than a more youthful side who may take a few more risks or fail to track a runner or prioritise defending over getting forward.

We've needed younger players to build a team around for years now. But my concern is that the squad is just going to start being packed out with more players of similar vein. Older players, not much pace but plenty of "experience".

If we look at the transfer window just gone to get a flavour of how Karanka may rebuild the team going forward, the previous 8 players that we've signed permanently had an average age of 26, but that is bought down considerably by Leko. Without him, it's an average of just over 28 years old.

Looking at the contract situation at Blues, Crowley leaves at the end of the season. I think we have three central midfielders out of contract too - Davis, Kieft and Mceachran. Our midfield has needed completely reshaping for so long, but with all due respect to MK and DD as they have been great servants to the club, we're finally at a place where we can upgrade some of the midfielders from the players bought in for low cost under Rowett, but my concern is that we're going to see more Claytons, more San Joses. They're both good players, but I just worry that Karanka is never going to trust bringing in young midfielders and in turn, the hope for ever having players with future growing potential or the potential resale value, is pretty slim.

So what happens if he brings in more ageing players and the squad age stays as high? We'll be back to square one and having a new bunch of ageing players with very little resale value.

Clayton, Friend, Juke and MSJ are all contracted until the end of next season, so I can't see any scenario where we don't also start next season with the oldest squad in the league.

I find it hard to believe that Karanka is going to compliment this squad before then, with younger, more energetic footballers.

If Blues aren't in a position to spend to bring players in (don't know what the finances currently look like) then the pool of older players available, becomes even lesser.

It's still early days for Karanka and I'm not saying I want him gone (despite the turgid, negative football that's been on display so far) but I don't think he's ever going to be given the resources that he's had at 'Boro and Forest. This will be the biggest test he's had, as he'll be tasked with building a squad for the playoffs. But judging by the recruitment so far and his preference for older players, I'm starting to think that this new "project" is just going to encumber the club with a new bunch of older players that nobody else wants.
06:39, Sat 21 Nov
LH_4
So Karanka has been tasked with rebuilding the club over a '3 year project', meaning that in theory, he'll potentially have another 5 transfer windows to reshape the squad.

But what is that squad going to look like?

Looking at the demographic of the squad from the stats last week, we have the oldest squad in the league and one of the oldest throughout English football. I think its certainly reflected in the way we play.

Last night, our average age of the team we put out was 29 years old.

I don't think it's unfair to suggest that Karanka prefers relying on older and "more experienced" players.

I know it's a debate that's been to death, but Crowley has been frozen out. Bailey who was on the cusp of being another academy graduate to break into the team, was loaned out - despite showing some decent flashes last year. Harding was sold. I worry that Karanka doesn't trust younger players and would rather see more older, experienced players keeping a rigid shape and being harder to break down, rather than a more youthful side who may take a few more risks or fail to track a runner or prioritise defending over getting forward.

We've needed younger players to build a team around for years now. But my concern is that the squad is just going to start being packed out with more players of similar vein. Older players, not much pace but plenty of "experience".

If we look at the transfer window just gone to get a flavour of how Karanka may rebuild the team going forward, the previous 8 players that we've signed permanently had an average age of 26, but that is bought down considerably by Leko. Without him, it's an average of just over 28 years old.

Looking at the contract situation at Blues, Crowley leaves at the end of the season. I think we have three central midfielders out of contract too - Davis, Kieft and Mceachran. Our midfield has needed completely reshaping for so long, but with all due respect to MK and DD as they have been great servants to the club, we're finally at a place where we can upgrade some of the midfielders from the players bought in for low cost under Rowett, but my concern is that we're going to see more Claytons, more San Joses. They're both good players, but I just worry that Karanka is never going to trust bringing in young midfielders and in turn, the hope for ever having players with future growing potential or the potential resale value, is pretty slim.

So what happens if he brings in more ageing players and the squad age stays as high? We'll be back to square one and having a new bunch of ageing players with very little resale value.

Clayton, Friend, Juke and MSJ are all contracted until the end of next season, so I can't see any scenario where we don't also start next season with the oldest squad in the league.

I find it hard to believe that Karanka is going to compliment this squad before then, with younger, more energetic footballers.

If Blues aren't in a position to spend to bring players in (don't know what the finances currently look like) then the pool of older players available, becomes even lesser.

It's still early days for Karanka and I'm not saying I want him gone (despite the turgid, negative football that's been on display so far) but I don't think he's ever going to be given the resources that he's had at 'Boro and Forest. This will be the biggest test he's had, as he'll be tasked with building a squad for the playoffs. But judging by the recruitment so far and his preference for older players, I'm starting to think that this new "project" is just going to encumber the club with a new bunch of older players that nobody else wants.

And if you look at boro reading and Stoke who were in a similar position to us as a club not long ago - their style and pace of play has improved immensely under a new manager who with investments of young players have kicked on - we after 12 games look no better in the middle and up front. Also notice they don’t change 4 players every game and do use their subs from 60 mins onwards - we run people in to the ground then change the team for the next game. Madness.
07:21, Sat 21 Nov
The lack of subs was the worst part of last night. It's not like last season where we had the youth team on the bench. We had the strongest bench we've had in years. Hogan and Leko don't get on when we're incapable of scoring..? I mean it's just completely baffling.

It's the sign of a manager who lacks the courage to take a risk and instead is happy to settle. That's okay against certain opposition but settling for a point against Coventry is a poor reflection of where he thinks we are.
07:23, Sat 21 Nov
👍
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
07:30, Sat 21 Nov
I got slated for not believing all the hype around Karanka and nothing has changed my opinion whatsoever.
A two week international break to maybe work on some attacking intent and we serve up that against a side that concede loads.
No attacking substitutions when you're allowed five apart from the anonymous Toral.
Then for him to come out with his post match comments was baffling.
Karanka fans will no doubt be happy with a clean sheet against Coventry but I'm an old romantic who'd like to see us try and win games instead of being so negative.
The depressing thing is he seemed genuinely pleased with the performance.
Hope he proves me wrong
07:41, Sat 21 Nov
El Mayor
Mario kempes 78
El Mayor
Mario kempes 78
Internationals all over till March results have to improve in my eyes or he's for the chopping block.. He's had a bit of time to gel and it's failed so far with the ridiculous chopping and changing of the squad... Back to basics for me 442 all the way plus keeping the same team week in week out..

Embarrassing
I hope he rams it down my throat pal but I'm yet to be convinced with all the changes every week.. He's been given what he wants as well.

Seven games in 21 days means you have to change personnel. Not including the injuries and suspensions.

What? Just like any formation, it's how you play it.

Blues have looked rigid in the past as we've played it with a limited, one-dimensional central midfield.

Bournemouth turned up a couple weeks ago and took the piss out of us, using a 442. Southampton went top of the league the other week playing 442.
07:44, Sat 21 Nov
1875KRO
El Mayor
Mario kempes 78
El Mayor
Mario kempes 78

Embarrassing

Funny how someone doesn’t hold the same opinion as you and they get called “embarrassing” and an “effing dinosaur”

Quite. Mayor thought we were “dogshit” tonight but that’s a totally legitimate opinion like
Sonic Youth fan. MBV. If you like feedback that much get a job at the council.