TR
18:00, Fri 20 Nov
[www.bbc.co.uk]

‘ Mourinho says "we all know" Raheem Sterling of Manchester City will face Spurs despite his England withdrawal’

The miserable fecker has got a point, used to happen in previous regimes as well, the amount of times an England player has been deemed unfit to play for England but coincidentally recovers for the clubs next game.

What do y’all think? I think it’s fairly obvious this happens to be honest, clubs definitely prevent players representing their countries to protect themselves and the player, whether rightly or wrongly is the question.
18:06, Fri 20 Nov
TR
I’m sure he’s done it too and doesn’t moan when that’s happened
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
18:08, Fri 20 Nov
TR
If I was giving him 350k a week like Man City are he’d be ‘injured’ most of the time.
18:13, Fri 20 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
I’m sure he’s done it too and doesn’t moan when that’s happened

Yep, only difference is he was doing it in public, with Kane, about 2 months ago.
18:14, Fri 20 Nov
Agree Rab. He will try to take any little 'mind-game' advantage he can and arguably it's his job too so.

Regarding Sterling's unavailability isn't it true that representing England isn't as much a big deal as when players were on 2 bob a week in division 1. The reality is that the club game is bigger than internationals (world cup and euros excepted, maybe) and so why would any top player want to play in a dead rubber against Iceland? Not the world I want necessarily, but probably the way it is.
18:15, Fri 20 Nov
I don't blame any manager who wouldn't want his players flying out for a 3 game international break in the middle of a pandemic.
18:28, Fri 20 Nov
Correct peakyblue. International games are an inconvenience for a lot of players these days. Money has dictated that club football is at the top of the food chain.

In all fairness it has been going on for years. Take Ryan Giggs for instance:

64 caps for Wales over 16 years
Only played 10 of the 40 friendlies he could have played
Didn't play a friendly game for 9 years.

The irony is as a manager he will be preaching 100% commitment to the cause when clearly he didn't fancy it himself.
"supporters should be patient a little while longer - sunshine days are just around the corner."
Ken Wheldon - March 18th 1988
16:33, Sat 21 Nov
TR
Sterling on the bench
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
07:47, Sun 22 Nov
I don't blame any manager who wouldn't want his players flying out for a 3 game international break in the middle of a pandemic.

Absolutely this.
Its ridiculous that international games are going ahead - same as cross country competitions - champions league etc.