21:47, Fri 20 Nov
Another clean sheet which is good after the goals we've conceded recently. However, there were some sloppy moments at the back tonight and a better team (like Bournemouth) would have exposed us.
How to win game: score more goals than other team
How to score more goals than other team: take more shots
How to convert shots to goals: get them on target
How to be team to take more shots on goal: be more attacking team

Substitute one like for like player when can replace up to five.

Seven shots on goal, one of which on target

Plan a: don’t lose

Plan b:?
We were missing our key player - the fans! I'm ever more convinced that a Blues crowd would have made a big difference.

That is a small excuse I appreciate. Very disappointed with the lack of use of the squad - happy with 5 subs being in place but we must use them. Pace is what's needed in a game like tonight so Leko....
derbyblue
are continental tactics over rated?

just get the ball wide, get the crosses in, hit the back of the net. simples

Makes sense to me ... our wide players seem incapable though
Do we really rate by the positive that this season “we wont fight relegation”. That was zzzzzzzzzz
2 midfielders that can only tackle, Sunjics passing is absolutely crap. We don’t need both, crying out for a ball playing midfielder next to a tackler
21:48, Fri 20 Nov
Slow spine: Roberts, Dean, San Jose, Toral, McGree, Juke.

We have few that can go past a player, including Bela, San Jose, Leko and Collin.
LH_4
Rasputin
bluer than blues
It doesn't need to be free flowing but it does need to create chances.

If Juke could get more than his head on target, we win that game 2-0.

Hello Mr Cotterill.

Not wrong though, am I.
GBR 2020: Sepia tinted visions of a past that never really was, informing an idea of the future that was never really possible.
We are less then the sum of our parts. The players at our disposal tonight are potentially miles better than Cov's. The way we conceded the pitch, the possession and the ascendancy to them was utter garbage. Karanka has to carry the can for that, 3 goals from open play in 12 matches is nothing short of pathetic. The clock has to be ticking, if this the three year plan then god help us
21:49, Fri 20 Nov
newblue
Poor but we should have won it. We should have been more positive and put attackers on second half, we were comfortable.
Fair
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
21:49, Fri 20 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Mithrandir
The silence is deafening from the “can’t set up expansively against Norwich and Bournemouth, they’re premier league sides” brigade.

What’s tonight’s excuse?

A work in progress is the usual nonsense wheeled out.

Well, It’s been 12 games now and there’s hasn’t been one inkling of a sign of progress in the attacking third, having played 2 promoted sides in our last 3 games.

Thank god we can’t go
Just for balance, what about the defensive side of things?

Wasn’t hard to be better than post-lockdown last season, but yes it has improved.
But Kept one clean sheet in the last 10 at the expense of any attacking threat. Is it worth it?
C'est la vie
21:50, Fri 20 Nov
Meadey
derbyblue
are continental tactics over rated?

just get the ball wide, get the crosses in, hit the back of the net. simples

Makes sense to me ... our wide players seem incapable though

I think we have two fantastic wide players for this level in Bela and Sanchez, and I think we have a handful of good-ish creative central players.

Things will click soon, I'm certain of it.
it's a three year plan so we're told
Imagine the attendances by year three if covid allows
Brother Tam
It's tough to watch, to be honest. The entertainment level is very poor - frustrating as well, because we do have some decent players, but dear lord, it's turgid.

I'm not a moaner (well, I hope not) but it was difficult viewing.

I’m not going to say it was entertaining, but in my view in that second half in particular there was only one side going to win it. We looked much stronger. All these people saying xyz is a hopeless player are ridiculous. What we lacked was real will to go and win it, should have put them away.
drpeter
We were missing our key player - the fans! I'm ever more convinced that a Blues crowd would have made a big difference.

That is a small excuse I appreciate. Very disappointed with the lack of use of the squad - happy with 5 subs being in place but we must use them. Pace is what's needed in a game like tonight so Leko....
He might have got pelters for only one sub.