23:31, Fri 20 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
1875KRO
Rab C Nesbitt
We played better tonight than we did in both cup games last season.

Wow.
Did you all go to both?
They should have beat us in both games. Tonight we should have won

It’s probably the most straw clutching statement I’ve ever read. So what? Is that something we should be happy about? We’ve just played Coventry who have been leaking goals for fun and we’ve turned in a performance that is being roundly labelled as pretty dreadful. Yet you are going back almost an entire year and drawing comparisons with a couple of cup games. At some point, just admit we were crap.
23:32, Fri 20 Nov
We were poor. But better.
Can you admit that?
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
23:36, Fri 20 Nov
We need some leaders in the team, some players that shout
23:37, Fri 20 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
1875KRO
Rab C Nesbitt

Wow.
Did you all go to both?

Don’t want our only measure of progress to be “We’re less cr@p than we used to be”
23:39, Fri 20 Nov
I don’t get the comparison though? They were flying high at the top (or close to) of their division scoring plenty of goals, winning games for fun, full of confidence. We were a team that were struggling and there for the taking, it was a free hit for Coventry to come and have a go, no pressure and try to cause a mini upset. It’s not realty a shock they had us on the back foot in both games.

Fast forward and whilst we are still no better, Coventry are struggling to step up at this level and have been leaking plenty of goals. I’m not even sure you can categorically say we were better. We were poor tonight.
23:40, Fri 20 Nov
King Tut
Rab C Nesbitt
1875KRO
Rab C Nesbitt

Wow.
Did you all go to both?

Don’t want our only measure of progress to be “We’re less cr@p than we used to be”
It's a start. Be patient.
And some won't accept it on here, so that's why it's mentioned. Some think we're no better than before AK arrived
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
23:40, Fri 20 Nov
1875KRO
I don’t get the comparison though? They were flying high at the top (or close to) of their division scoring plenty of goals, winning games for fun, full of confidence. We were a team that were struggling and there for the taking, it was a free hit for Coventry to come and have a go, no pressure and try to cause a mini upset.

Fast forward and whilst we are still no better, Coventry are struggling to step up at this level and have been leaking plenty of goals. I’m not even sure you can categorically say we were better. We were poor tonight.
But should have won
23:45, Fri 20 Nov
BromsgroveBlues
Too many have no patience.

The guy has had 3 months ffs.

So much better than end of last season.

Any chance we can let the guy build something?

What's better?

A very marginal upturn in points per game?

It's all well and good saying we've got better at the back but at the expense of barely scoring a goal from open play then it's not good enough

We're not getting gubbed but look about as likely to win a game of football under Karanka as we did under Pep

That’s just abject nonsense.

Under pep we were getting gunned week in week out
@Bluewurst1875
23:47, Fri 20 Nov
It’s a really bizarre way to try and spin this into a positive. Just feels like massive straw clutching.

I will say though, I would love Karanka to prove me wrong and get this team going. Whilst we totally disagree, ultimately we all want the same thing.
23:47, Fri 20 Nov
We will be hard to beat. Organised etc etc

The Birmingham Way
23:49, Fri 20 Nov
Bluewurst
BromsgroveBlues

What's better?

It's all well and good saying we've got better at the back but at the expense of barely scoring a goal from open play then it's not good enough

We're not getting gubbed but look about as likely to win a game of football under Karanka as we did under Pep

Were we? Weren’t we 16th before the club bizarrely decided to announce his departure before the seasons conclusion. Surely we’d have been bottom if we were getting “gunned week in week out”?
23:49, Fri 20 Nov
1875KRO
It’s a really bizarre way to try and spin this into a positive. Just feels like massive straw clutching.

I will say though, I would love Karanka to prove me wrong and get this team going. Whilst we totally disagree, ultimately we all want the same thing.
I don't think we all do.
But kro 👍
23:58, Fri 20 Nov
1875KRO
Bluewurst
BromsgroveBlues

What's better?

Were we? Weren’t we 16th before the club bizarrely decided to announce his departure before the seasons conclusion. Surely we’d have been bottom if we were getting “gunned week in week out”?

38. Round 20/06/2020 15:00 A West Bromwich Albion West Bromwich Albion 0:0 (0:0)
39. Round 27/06/2020 15:00 H Hull City Hull City 3:3 (0:2)
40. Round 01/07/2020 18:00 H Huddersfield Town Huddersfield Town 0:3 (0:1)
41. Round 04/07/2020 15:00 A Fulham FC Fulham FC 0:1 (0:0)
42. Round 08/07/2020 18:00 H Swansea City Swansea City 1:3 (1:2)
43. Round 12/07/2020 13:30 A Stoke City Stoke City 0:2 (0:2)
44. Round 15/07/2020 18:00 H Charlton Athletic Charlton Athletic 1:1 (0:0)
45. Round 18/07/2020 15:00 A Preston North End Preston North End 0:2 (0:1)
46. Round 22/07/2020 19:30 H Derby County Derby County 1:3 (0:1)

Results post-lockdown 1. 2 draws, 7 losses.

We were getting effing TONKED every effing week!!!!!!
23:59, Fri 20 Nov
barryblue
Sorry but I don’t see it entirely that way. Yes 100% not having a crowd makes a big difference but other than getting changed in a different room,we were at home.
I’m not saying bin him off etc but i just find it frustrating that he made only one sub and didn’t try to change/win the game. Hogan & Leko should of come on.
2 juke headers at home to Coventry and their keeper making 1 save in 90 mins isn’t good enough when we’ve got the players to produce more.

I think he would have made more changes but Cov changed formation and he wanted to see how the current lot could play against their change
00:05, Sat 21 Nov
roger hynd
barnieeee
barryblue
No I’m not. Juke missed 2 headers but that was it against a team that has let in on average 2 goals per game all season and we were at home. Why not bring Leko on or do something to try and win the game? He was just dross and 100% they would of been booed off f fans were in the ground,correct?
Yes we are better than the back end of last season but its frustrating when playing at home against a poor team and AK doesn’t change it to go for 3pts.

we werent at home, we just played in our home ground and it makes a huge difference - Cov will have gone out with a more attacking intent being the home team - times have changed without the crowds but managers are still more attacking at home and more defensive away and this would have had a knock on effect on how Karanka approached the game

Playing in our own stadium is totally irrelevant, we got a draw away and had the better chances - for most teams that would be considered a plus

Are you seriously saying we played cautiously because we were the away side tonight??

At St Andrews??

Be interested to see if I've read it correctly

Yep, Karanka approached it more cautiously than if we were the home team

The reason being that he knows Cov will be more attacking and he doesnt like to play an open game

Did you not notice how subdued our fullbacks were in attacking? and how Sunjic only started making forward runs after 60 mins

So, yep 100% Karanka played more cautiously than he would have had the fixture been reversed - why is that such a bizarre statement - it seemed pretty obvious from watching the game