23:22, Sat 21 Nov
Why do Blues fans always look to the Bloke who's out of the team for all the answers.

Crowley has done next to nowt. IMHO he deserves to be left out.
23:31, Sat 21 Nov
FattyBumBum
But he does have an end product, his time in Holland has proved

This is the point that constantly gets glossed over when people talk about his "lack of end product". People saying he isn't a good footballer, can't produce a final ball, etc.

He went to Holland when he was 19.

In the 17/18 season, playing for SC Cambuur-Leeuwarden and Willem II, he registered 4 goals and 10 assists in 33 fixtures.

In the following season, solely at Willem II, he got 6 goals and 11 assists in 40 appearances.

He hasn't become a rubbish footballer overnight. Neither Pep nor Karanka has played to his strengths. He showed flashes under Pep despite being played on the wing. That one goal where he interchanged with a few players and eventually dinked it in for Colin to score, was a work of art.

Unfortunately, he's too small, too lightweight and ultimately doesn't fly into tackles so he isn't good enough for the Blues midfield.
23:47, Sat 21 Nov
He's not the saviour but he is certainly one of our most talented players and we should be building around him.
When I arrive I am causing a Heatwave
01:19, Sun 22 Nov
Hleb was on a totally different wavelength to the rest of our squad when he was here and it was obvious.

The reason Cowley "holds onto the ball for too long" and has "no end product" is because more often than not there's no one in front of him making a defence splitting run. Give him like minded players in front of him and he'll do the business. Him and Sanchez when he came on a few weeks ago were playing brilliantly together within minutes. That's because Sanchez (our best player this season IMO) is on the same wavelength as Crowley.

Give Crowley pacey strikers in front of him with good movement and he'll create chances game after game
02:49, Sun 22 Nov
We haven't got them though, nor do lots of teams, if he was the class that you are suggesting then surely he has a bit of adaptability? If he has to be in exactly the right position with exactly the right players around him then he isn't going to be much use to anyone.
02:54, Sun 22 Nov
Palacios was just a complete f up. Honestly believe Bruce knew he was going and acted like he was shit to get him on the cheap.
06:18, Sun 22 Nov
Jameo
Hleb was on a totally different wavelength to the rest of our squad when he was here and it was obvious.

The reason Cowley "holds onto the ball for too long" and has "no end product" is because more often than not there's no one in front of him making a defence splitting run. Give him like minded players in front of him and he'll do the business. Him and Sanchez when he came on a few weeks ago were playing brilliantly together within minutes. That's because Sanchez (our best player this season IMO) is on the same wavelength as Crowley.

Give Crowley pacey strikers in front of him with good movement and he'll create chances game after game

Good post.
06:30, Sun 22 Nov
God
We haven't got them though, nor do lots of teams, if he was the class that you are suggesting then surely he has a bit of adaptability? If he has to be in exactly the right position with exactly the right players around him then he isn't going to be much use to anyone.

We have though tbf, we have Hogan. Hogan's main strength is the intelligence of his runs off the shoulder of the defender, with an underrated use of pace. It's how he did so well at Brentford.

Even last season I remember in the Charlton game at the end of the season, within minutes of the game starting, Crowley put through probably the best pass I'd seen all season, straight through their defence to put Hogan one on one.

I don't think anybody is saying that unless we get Haaland and Ronaldo infront of him with Messi and Sancho on the wings then he won't be able to play for us. Most people just recognise that he wants to be behind the striker(s) waiting for those runs through to give him the option to thread the balls through.

If we shunt him out on the wing like we did so much last season and he only has Juke infront of him, than we are forcing him to be one dimensional and just cross the ball to Juke as he's never gonna run into the channels to be supplied with through-balls.

If for instance we played a 433 and had Crowley as part of a central three, with say Hogan, Bela and Leko infront of him, then we'd see a different player. But unfortunately it looks like Karanka has given up on him already. Not that he had much chance in the first place.
DES
07:07, Sun 22 Nov
It’s often like this, people think someone who isn’t playing is the saviour, deadly Crowley hasn’t convinced Katanga that he is good enough.
Our midfield seems absolutely full of options so it’s up to crowley to prove himself, not up to Katanga to change the team to suit him.

Kro
08:18, Sun 22 Nov
God
Palacios was just a complete f up. Honestly believe Bruce knew he was going and acted like he was shit to get him on the cheap.
I've always thought that
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
08:34, Sun 22 Nov
DES
It’s pretty simple really. Karanka has told Crowley what he expects him to contribute and he hasn’t done it. So Crowley has to learn to play the game that Karanka wants him to play, and he has to play it for 90 minutes.

Crowley has form in this regard and has fallen out with previous coaches.

The fact he is back on the bench might indicate he is learning. I hope so, coz the kid has talent.
09:04, Sun 22 Nov
DES
DES
It’s often like this, people think someone who isn’t playing is the saviour, deadly Crowley hasn’t convinced Katanga that he is good enough.
Our midfield seems absolutely full of options so it’s up to crowley to prove himself, not up to Katanga to change the team to suit him.

Kro
I beg to differ Des.

Karanka has midfielders and and No10’s coming out of his ear holes and hasn’t found a formula that remotely works.McCree was all over the place.
Crowley or not AK needs to up his game and find a solution.
09:12, Sun 22 Nov
LH_4
Jameo

Good post.

👍
09:17, Sun 22 Nov
Completely agree
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
09:24, Sun 22 Nov
Jameo

Great post 👍