11:27, Sat 21 Nov
Yup. You build your teams around those sorts of players. Unfortunately we see them as ‘luxury’ types and if things don’t come off they are the ones that are hounded like he has been by AK. Shame really.
11:34, Sat 21 Nov
Don't know what's gone on between Karanka and Crowley but he's obviously not gonna feature for us so will be off to pastures new January unfortunately.
Hope he makes the most of his ability elsewhere as he's definitely a talent
11:38, Sat 21 Nov
Le Mod
I think he would brilliant at someone like Brentford or Swansea, his close control and ability to take the ball under pressure is really impressive. Would liked to have seen him play deeper for us and have lots of the ball. Can see him thriving elsewhere.

You said the same about Diego Fabbrini.

Dan Crowley is actually fairly enjoyable to watch on the ball, in small doses. The end product just isn't there though for him to play as a Number 10 and he isn't strong enough defensively to play a deeper lying role.
11:40, Sat 21 Nov
MForssell9
FattyBumBum
If you watch the below I feel he could really play the 8 role really well. A little bit deeper in a 3 man midfield with 3 options in front.

No double pivot, just either Sunjic or MSJ sitting with Crowley and Clayton in front and then Bela/Leko Juke and Sanchez up front.

He is the sort of player I love to watch. Low centre of gravity, keeps the ball well. Always looking to have the ball.

Pound land Iniesta
Totally agree with all that

And me
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
11:42, Sat 21 Nov
Until he plays in a deeper role you’ll never know. Grealish plays in a 3 and remember him playing a deep ‘free role’ against us and running the show.

If you have defensive cover around him (Sunjic or San Jose) and Clayton alongside him I’m sure he could thrive.

But it’s all about philosophy and style of play and how you set up and how you want your team to play.
11:44, Sat 21 Nov
Doug Stamper
Le Mod
I think he would brilliant at someone like Brentford or Swansea, his close control and ability to take the ball under pressure is really impressive. Would liked to have seen him play deeper for us and have lots of the ball. Can see him thriving elsewhere.

Dan Crowley is actually fairly enjoyable to watch on the ball, in small doses. The end product just isn't there though for him to play as a Number 10 and he isn't strong enough defensively to play a deeper lying role.

His end product was there in the Eredivisie, a higher standard of football than Championship.

Is Crowley the problem? Or the club that's churned out very little productivity over the last few seasons?
11:47, Sat 21 Nov
LH_4
Doug Stamper
Le Mod

His end product was there in the Eredivisie,

Was it?

a higher standard of football than Championship.

Is it?

Is Crowley the problem? Or the club that's churned out very little productivity over the last few seasons?

Crowley I suspect.
11:50, Sat 21 Nov
Doug Stamper
LH_4
Doug Stamper
Le Mod

His end product was there in the Eredivisie,

Was it?

a higher standard of football than Championship.

Is it?

Crowley I suspect.

It's not, it's Blues.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
11:54, Sat 21 Nov
Yes, I'd say the Dutch top flight is a better standard of football than the Championship.

Yes, 18 direct goal contributions from midfield in a mid-table team, is deemed a decent end product. He also boasted very good stats for dribbling, passing, key chances created etc but there's no point in breaking it all down because you've already made your mind up on him.

I'd argue that playing him out of position on the wing, in a poor defensive team with next to no movement, probably contributed to not getting the best out of him.
12:10, Sat 21 Nov
I'm with you on this one. He should be starting every game for me as part of a 3 man midfield with Sunjic and either a Toral/Mcgree against lower opposition or MSJ against higher teams.

It's a travesty he is being left out like this. I hope he turns it around but sense him moving on.
When I arrive I am causing a Heatwave
12:30, Sat 21 Nov
Reading between the lines I think it's either an attitude problem and/or a personality clash with Karanka. He was an important part of the team last October/November which was probably the best football Blues have served up over a run of games since Hughton.
12:50, Sat 21 Nov
FattyBumBum
If you watch the below I feel he could really play the 8 role really well. A little bit deeper in a 3 man midfield with 3 options in front.

No double pivot, just either Sunjic or MSJ sitting with Crowley and Clayton in front and then Bela/Leko Juke and Sanchez up front.

He is the sort of player I love to watch. Low centre of gravity, keeps the ball well. Always looking to have the ball.

Pound land Iniesta

You're confusing someone who is good with a football with a good footballer.
14:25, Sat 21 Nov
Rosalita
FattyBumBum

Pound land Iniesta

You're confusing someone who is good with a football with a good footballer.

He’s a good footballer.
16:05, Sat 21 Nov
Doug Stamper
Le Mod

I agree with with our Doug on what I have seen so far. Looked very promising when he came into the side but became progressively more ineffective.

Maybe most the people on here are right, players who please the eye are understandably popular, particularly when they are out of the side.

I can also understand why people say they would be pleased if he became successful elsewhere rather than with us, but it’s a bit difficult to endorse that comment isn’t it?

Has me wondering what players we have seen go to other clubs, having not broken through with us, who have gone on to shine elsewhere.
16:09, Sat 21 Nov
Reece Brown is the biggest example of not being as good as people thought he was.