Re: VAR

16:59, Sat 21 Nov
Second elbow of the game. Targett did one too.
16:59, Sat 21 Nov
The sending off was ridiculous, Grealish plays a different way when he plays for them - much more of a cheat.
17:00, Sat 21 Nov
newblue
Never a pen. Dive. Lamptey sending off ludicrous too.
This
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
17:00, Sat 21 Nov
bluearmyfaction
Who is the braindead shitstain of a pundit? LClear penalty, gets the man...” (after replay shows it was a fair tackle) “ok, he gets the ball, but he makes contact afterwards...”
Keown. DvB
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
17:01, Sat 21 Nov
newblue
Second elbow of the game. Targett did one too.

Yep forgot about that one. But I almost hate Maupay as much as Villa.
17:03, Sat 21 Nov
like watching swan lake,the way he went up with both legs,10 out ov 10
17:04, Sat 21 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
bluearmyfaction
Who is the braindead shitstain of a pundit? LClear penalty, gets the man...” (after replay shows it was a fair tackle) “ok, he gets the ball, but he makes contact afterwards...”
Keown. DvB

Ironic a so called ‘hard man’ of years gone by claiming that’s a penalty. Embarrassing.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
17:07, Sat 21 Nov
mjd2505
Does anybody know the actual rule here? Clearly, he gets the ball first with his knee and then the player with his foot. So I don’t know what gets given

Don't think it says none of this applies if you kick the ball first. Think Villa unlucky thete hate to say it

Direct free kick

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

chargesjumps atkicks or attempts to kickpushesstrikes or attempts to strike (including head-butt)tackles or challengestrips or attempts to trip
If an offence involves contact it is penalised by a direct free kick or penalty kick.

Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed

Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned

Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences:

a handball offence (except for the goalkeeper within their penalty area)holds an opponentimpedes an opponent with contactbites or spits at someonethrows an object at the ball, opponent or match official, or makes contact with the ball with a held object
17:07, Sat 21 Nov
Incredible how many think any contact is a foul, rather than a player diving as it was in that case
17:08, Sat 21 Nov
The amount of rolling around was embarrassing (yes, Maupay did too but there was an elbow). Grealish was ridiculous, and I didn’t watch anything like the whole game.

Lamptey is a pocket rocket as an attacker.
17:08, Sat 21 Nov
Trezeguet dived. That was the offence. IMO of course
17:10, Sat 21 Nov
There was nothing careless, reckless or excessive about that tackle, even he touched him at all which i’m far from certain about. Physical contact - opposition player falls over - ref gives foul. That’s not the rule.
17:12, Sat 21 Nov
Incredible how many think any contact is a foul, rather than a player diving as it was in that case

I don't think it's a foul personally, but with the rules how they currently are, getting the ball first doesn't matter anymore. There was contact, it was still a huge cheating dive, but I'm still surprised (and pleased) that it was overturned.
Most refs these days do see any contact at all as a foul.
17:14, Sat 21 Nov
newblue
The amount of rolling around was embarrassing (yes, Maupay did too but there was an elbow). Grealish was ridiculous, and I didn’t watch anything like the whole game.

Lamptey is a pocket rocket as an attacker.

I understand every team cheats a little bit here and there, but villas tactics are just:

- get ball to grealish
- get grealish to make something happen
- if not possible, dive

Or

- get ball to grealish
- if not possible, dive
17:14, Sat 21 Nov
Still galling that no one will call him out for a ridiculous dive. Legs , arms and body in the air from a slight tap to the shin and still writhing in pain 90 seconds later. Compare that to Juke heading the post last night.