22:25, Sat 21 Nov
I’m very lucky, worked through, I’m out on the road so I get to have a change of scenery. Missing my holidays I’m not a drinker so no bother with the pubs. Chin’s up everyone. We can only be stronger and more grateful of normality when we get to the end of the road.
KRO people.
22:29, Sat 21 Nov
LondonBlue
Slightly better on this one than the summer one.

But as others have said, it's the uncertainty that gets you.

Will we actually be able to leave our houses and socialize again on the 2nd?

Will I be back at work (furloughed, again, at the moment) on the 2nd?

Will we be bullied into another lockdown post-Christmas and new year, meaning you're looking over your shoulder at a time when you want to relax?

The vaccine news means nothing to me, as the only real thing the media are talking about is future lockdowns and restrictions.

It's not healthy to not be able to see other people. How *some* medical professionals think this is the right way to tackle this virus is beyond me.

We also need to be properly told what we can and can't do in advance, rather than leaving everyone guessing.
How do you suggest tackling the virus then?
22:37, Sat 21 Nov
Living in Jamaica and over 70 means I can only go out occasionally for "the necessities of life" I kid you not. I have a good sized garden (yard) which keeps me busy. Pretty much self-sufficient with food but a bit of a wait 'till the next goat is ready! The now working Blues TV gets an airing. Chat to grandchildren virtually. They are in USA and England. Still, as we say here #TanAYuhYaad KRO
22:40, Sat 21 Nov
With treatments, a proper track and trace policy (scrapping furlough for a scheme where the government will provide 100% of wages for those who prove they have a positive test and need to miss work for 7 days to self-isolate) and reasonable social distancing until the majority are vaccinated. Which is what we were doing post-April.

I'm not sure shutting down Brenda's Hair Salon or telling Rahul he can't serve customers in his curry house will make much difference.

I'd also treat the British public with respect, and give them proper details on how best to live with the virus safely, rather than leaking stuff to the media, scaring people with dodgy graphs and leaving communication to the last minute so business' can't respond in time.
Dong Ren Out.
23:28, Sat 21 Nov
The first lockdown was still in work and obviously getting paid in full, and absolutely loved it, would never think in my wildest dreams to stop at home and get paid for it. Done loads of work on the house plus the nice weather etc
Unfortunately the other side of the coin, it was and still is, that it is a raging virus that made this happen.

This 2nd one, after recently retired, finding it a bit of a strange one, usually go for a long country walk at least once a week and seeing country pubs closed and not being able to use them and then driving past Shirley today and seeing shops,restaurants closed, it’s kind of eerie.

If I hadn’t retired I would have been working and wouldn’t have had no problem with that.

My last week of freedom, the Mrs retires next Friday. 😩🥲🤦‍♀️🤪
00:49, Sun 22 Nov
Worked all the way through both lockdowns, the first one was ok and to be fair I actually enjoyed the slower pace of life. The 2nd has felt like there isn’t a lockdown, I work in a school so full on all the time but with nothing to do but run or go for a walk at the weekend/after work. Had a really tough time a few weeks back, got to the point of being totally fed up with the whole situation, picked back up now thankfully.

I’m really starting to miss a good night out with live music, saw a singer in the Jam House a couple of weeks back but still not the same, I’m not a sit down drinker so pubs have been boring when I have ventured out. Hopefully the spring will bring some sort of normality! 🤞🏻
09:41, Sun 22 Nov
Being someone who doesn’t really have many outdoor hobbies (other than going the Blues) kind of pays off in lockdown as it’s a lifestyle you are somewhat accustomed to anyway, sad as that sounds.

There’s not much I really miss like others may do (pub, gym, live music, frequent trips abroad ETC).

I can still walk the dog, so from my own perspective nothing has changed too much.

Have been in and out of the office throughout the whole pandemic so don’t feel like I’ve even missed that.

I do feel desperately sorry for people’s small businesses that have had to close and the impact this would’ve had, also anyone who has lost their job. I’m lucky in that regard.

I think for me one positive to take is that it’s made me realise that there is a world out there to see and there is plenty of stuff to do outside of my comfort zone, so when we do eventually get back to “normal” it gives me that motivation to essentially just get out the house a bit more.
09:53, Sun 22 Nov
Worked through both, first one was hard, but I consoled myself that the forest was empty on my bike rides and that was a bonus - hardest thing through all this is the kids. 2 have moved out so can't see em atm, virtual meetings and chats aren't any replacement for giving your kids a hug. Especially the middle one, he's a rozzer up in Preston and he's having it tough - last week there was just him and his Sergeant the only ones at his station not self isolating because of the virus.
10:06, Sun 22 Nov
I have worked through both so i count myself lucky. The wife was furloughed the first lockdown but is working now.

I fixed my bike so was out on that during the summer weekends, I also got myself a hunting catapult and have been shooting targets in the garden for something to do.

Have also been out fishing.
Keeping Right On since 1981
12:50, Sun 22 Nov
Sailed through the first one, struggling big time this time around. Not worked since March so not earnt. Thinking of packing in my business and getting a job just to get out of the house but don't want to make such a big decision while my head isn't right.
I will nail my colours to the mast, if he comes he will get 10 goals before the end of the season for us. You don't lose the ability to score goals. It's not like the sh1te and stoke haven't ruined strikers before.

Salford Blue 27th Jan 2020
14:25, Sun 22 Nov
Good luck mate, in whatever you decide - I do count myself lucky to have kept working, can imagine the stress of it.
14:26, Sun 22 Nov
Have got one of my lads who lives on his own and has quite a few problems into a "bubble" with my wife and me ,so that has eased the worry of him being on his own a bit. Am missing spending time with my other lad and his wife and the Grandkids. My biggest worry is Mrs Dav who is a Nursing Sister at the local hospital and spends a lot of time with Covid patients.
14:35, Sun 22 Nov
Salford Blue
Sailed through the first one, struggling big time this time around. Not worked since March so not earnt. Thinking of packing in my business and getting a job just to get out of the house but don't want to make such a big decision while my head isn't right.
Give me a call if you need anything mate
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
14:57, Sun 22 Nov
Salford Blue
Give me a call if you need anything mate

Good lad Rab 💙 same here Blue.
15:40, Sun 22 Nov
Struggling with this one to be honest. I suppose the weather doesn’t help, feel like a prisoner. Miss being able to just nip out and do things.

Bought it home yesterday, sat at home watching the Rugby, but couldn’t really get into it. Would normally be in the pub for something like that.

Miss the kids as well.