19:53, Sat 21 Nov
Since all this begun in spring... Tbh I've done ok but starting to wear me down about one or two days a week now especially last weekend no football and just pissing down all day.... Went to aldis in Solihull earlier just to get out the house how desperate is that... How those people who live in flats and highrises without any garden is beyond me...
19:57, Sat 21 Nov
Apart from no football its a piece of p1s5.

Got plenty of food and drink, the supermarkets are open so cant see any issues.

One day stuff will be open and people will soon start moaning about traffic jams and delayed trains.
Turn left when you get on a plane.
19:58, Sat 21 Nov
Working 5 days a week but missing the pubs, restaurants and being at Blues games.
Glad the box office games are back on normal Sky and BT Sports , really helps me to get through the week, daft as it sounds.
All my family and friends are well though, and that is the main thing
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
20:08, Sat 21 Nov
Well said rab I guess I'm a lucky one as I have a garden but sometimes you can have everything and still get pissed off with this I guess...
20:08, Sat 21 Nov
Work 3 days a week nowadays, so going into work makes things feel fairly normal and being around the students keeps my spirits up.

I’ve got two of my three lads at home, both in their 20s, one of whom is really struggling, so that’s been very tough- really feel for the young uns atm. Personally, the one thing I’m missing big time is swimming, I really, really miss that.
Cowinbovril

I'm confident that in a year or so we'll look back at lockdown as a big mistake. It's not a tried and tested policy. It was an experiment TIlton Rifle 8/8/20
20:13, Sat 21 Nov
Mario kempes 78
I've done ok but starting to wear me down

Same as above. The uncertainty is gnawing away, as is the fact that this is all being implemented by people who couldn't run a whelk stall and have made a shambles of things at every turn. I'd just got back into a gym routine and started to shed the excess gained from the first lockdown, had learnt to deal with the BS 'book a 75 minute slot in advance/fill in a form each time' stuff, then they close it down again so it's back to working out at home and in a soggy park again. It's wearing me down but I'm still not quite beaten yet.
20:35, Sat 21 Nov
Mario kempes 78
Well said rab I guess I'm a lucky one as I have a garden but sometimes you can have everything and still get pissed off with this I guess...

The garden got me through the first lockdown. Nice weather, doing the lawns and watering in the day after some exercises and watching the tv out there most of the afternoon and evening with a beer. Great.
As you say must be awful to be in a flat, especially with kids
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
20:36, Sat 21 Nov
We’ll have vaccines soon.

Christmas is almost here.

After Christmas it’ll be spring and then summer before we know it! 😎

Holidays abroad should be back to normal quite soon as well.
20:51, Sat 21 Nov
It’s a bit tough.

I’m lucky, I have a job and a place to live but I feel like a trapped rat. My default setting when I feel crap is to go somewhere, and I can’t do that. Four cancelled trips abroad this year blows.

Hopefully 2021 will be better
20:55, Sat 21 Nov
El Mayor
It’s a bit tough.

I’m lucky, I have a job and a place to live but I feel like a trapped rat. My default setting when I feel crap is to go somewhere, and I can’t do that. Four cancelled trips abroad this year blows.

Hopefully 2021 will be better

Keep your pecker up mate...
and thank you for your Blues updates...
CV
20:55, Sat 21 Nov
Hi I have done something creative, how do I upload a picture to this site, thanks
21:02, Sat 21 Nov
During the main lockdown I was furloughed and remained there from 24th March until 5th October.

Got into a great routine early on as both kids were off school. I did home schooling with them both in the morning, physical exercise with them just before lunch then more games based / fun PE after lunch.

Once they were sorted for the day did a load of home DIY projects in the afternoons and evenings. Painted both side of every fence panel around all 3 sides of the back garden, painted the whole front of the house tiles and all, cleaned down and then painted the garage and shed, built a wall for a raised border, got every DIY job done in the house that I'd been putting off and finally created a new flower bed and laid some astro turf in a corner of the garden that had become a bit of a dumping ground.

In the process of doing all that I lost just under 2 stone!!

I'd have gone stir crazy with boredom if I hadn't kept occupied. Fortunately, I've never suffered with any mental health issues but I can see how people who do could have very easily struggled with lockdown and not having normal stuff to reply on to keep those struggles at bay.

Tough times for a lot of people but fingers crossed the vaccines that are on the brink of coming out will have us back to normal by Spring if we can roll it out effectively.

If there is one thing I hope we can all learn from lockdown it's to be more tolerant and understanding of each other.
Been a funny one for me (as has it for everyone I'm sure). The missus and I bought a house and moved back to brum just before, which coincided with us leaving our jobs and going back to self-employed work that we've done most of our lives. Unfortunately, this meant that when covid hit we were entitled to nothing, fell through the gap.

Our industry has been absolutely buggered by lockdown and so we've both had to grab whatever work we can which has been good and bad. But for me the biggest struggle is not knowing when my industry will pick up again and feeling like I'm in limbo. Also having come back to brum in lockdown means we haven't really been able to reacquaint ourselves properly and so we both feel a bit isolated/disoreintated.
21:05, Sat 21 Nov
Just remember things will get better.
And I like you 😆
21:06, Sat 21 Nov
Haha, thanks mate. Same pal.