11:50, Fri 27 Nov
Back in Football Management

[www.shrewsburytown.com]
11:51, Fri 27 Nov
Good luck to him. With his track record at that level I think it is a real coup for Shrewsbury.
11:52, Fri 27 Nov
i live in Bridgnorth and know a few shrewsbury fans.
i've already warned one of them what too expect.
11:55, Fri 27 Nov
Yeah, I live on the outskirts of Shrewsbury - a few I've already spoken to aren't happy
11:55, Fri 27 Nov
Poor feckers.
11:56, Fri 27 Nov
mr-bubble
i live in Bridgnorth and know a few shrewsbury fans.
i've already warned one of them what too expect.

The league title if his track record at that level of football is anything to go by.
12:05, Fri 27 Nov
I will leave for the first few weeks in case there is the obligatory new manager bounce...........However I have made a mental note to back against whomsoever the Shrews take on after they suffer their first defeat......
12:05, Fri 27 Nov
id rather go down.
12:09, Fri 27 Nov
Wilfred Owen
I will leave for the first few weeks in case there is the obligatory new manager bounce...........However I have made a mental note to back against whomsoever the Shrews take on after they suffer their first defeat......

Good for you.
12:27, Fri 27 Nov
He'll probably do alright, League One is his level and they have a good squad that is massively underperforming (Leon Clarke, Charlie Daniels, Josh Vela). I might tune in for the odd interview though just for entertainment purposes.
12:32, Fri 27 Nov
I'm just amazed he can still get a job. There must have been better candidates out there for the shrews

He's a bit like Steve McClaren, one blast of success seems to hide his many other failures.
12:37, Fri 27 Nov
montypenguin
I'm just amazed he can still get a job. There must have been better candidates out there for the shrews

He's a bit like Steve McClaren, one blast of success seems to hide his many other failures.

I have never despised a blues'manager so much but I don't get why your amazed? His record at that level is decent and isn't just one blast of success.Dont think he should just be judged on how much of a car crash he was for us.
I do wish him all the very worst though.
12:38, Fri 27 Nov
To be fair his record at that level is decent. I agree that I think he'll end up doing a decent job.

But I still get Vietnam-style war flashbacks whenever I see his face.

Could I also take this opportunity to remind everyone of the incredible story that a Nottingham Forest fan posted on here when he took over as our manager?

I wouldn't even trust Steve Cotterill to go get me a McDonalds. I saw him at Trent Bridge McDonalds once. He had one of those massive paper bags and 4 drinks, so presumably he had food for the whole family. He didn't have the nouse to accept a cup tray and instead started putting the drinks in the bag. The weight of the bag combined with spillage from the drinks weakened the bag and as he struggled to negotiate the double doors the bag burst, sending food and drink everywhere. As I left he was scrabbling around on the floor trying to save as much food as he could while his family were in the 4x4 in the car park crouching down looking embarrassed.
DES
12:40, Fri 27 Nov
montypenguin

Mclarens success came as coach to Fergie and to lesser extent to Sven, apart from that, he is total flop in Brit soccer, its really been the public pronouncements that have made him laughing stock
Telling the world publically that Becks was finished as an England player, and in front of him was..are you sitting down? Cos this is unbelievable
Shaun wright phillips, Aaron Lennon, David Bentley, think he mentioned Mike Helliwell in the list!
Wally in the Brolly night, he could never recover from that, it made him look so stupid,
The Dutch speak interview!

KRO
16:57, Fri 27 Nov
He’s been very happy for the last few years living on the compensation that Blues paid him.
The Sixth Mass Extinction is here.