00:13, Sat 28 Nov
Tacticsbored
Great story can’t be true though can it?

Yeah I don't think it is.
00:48, Sat 28 Nov
Bluewurst
Bluewurst
Let’s hope we don’t draw them at home in the cup while he’s there. He won’t get near the place

*Rolls Eyes*

roll them all you like

Just don’t forget the bloke told Adams he was leaving on a free at the end of the season and wasn’t wanted at the club.

Then you might realise how close he came to killing the whole club

Any proof of this claim about Adams? Cos I'm being brutally honest when I say that it sounds like bollocks.

However the fact that, in your eyes, the £15million we recieved for Adams was life or death for Blues shows what a piss poor job Dong has done to have mucked up the finances that badly.

Apart from Adams family that needed to console him?

Nothing at all.

It wasn’t only Adams either. Cotterill attitude towards modern day players was appalling. Especially the younger ones

Stems from his career ending premature and him being jealous of the money these days.
@Bluewurst1875
06:15, Sat 28 Nov
Zola seems to get a pass because he was a nice guy and wanted to play nice football
He had money spent on players and bat a few early games where we played well the results he got us where far worse than Cotterill who is just a detestable bloke

Both really bad for us, but on the stats Zola was worse
08:10, Sat 28 Nov
Cotterill. He seems at least as nice as half the posters on here, and nicer than some. But people decry his personality.
08:35, Sat 28 Nov
😆
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
09:31, Sat 28 Nov
Bluewurst
Bluewurst
Bluewurst
Let’s hope we don’t draw them at home in the cup while he’s there. He won’t get near the place

*Rolls Eyes*

roll them all you like

Just don’t forget the bloke told Adams he was leaving on a free at the end of the season and wasn’t wanted at the club.

Then you might realise how close he came to killing the whole club

Any proof of this claim about Adams? Cos I'm being brutally honest when I say that it sounds like bollocks.

However the fact that, in your eyes, the £15million we recieved for Adams was life or death for Blues shows what a piss poor job Dong has done to have mucked up the finances that badly.

Apart from Adams family that needed to console him?

Nothing at all.

Again, I'll be honest this sounds like the sort of hearsay stuff that goes on at all football clubs. 90% of it is balls.

It wasn’t only Adams either. Cotterill attitude towards modern day players was appalling. Especially the younger ones

Stems from his career ending premature and him being jealous of the money these days.

But that doesn't tally with the fact that his management career has spanned nearly a quarter of a century and every level of football from the dog and duck league up to and including our level of football. He's also won promotions, league titles etc at multiple clubs. If he was such a monster with people, how has he lasted so long?

Your assessment also doesn't tally with what I've heard individual players say about him; Clarke Carlisle, Aaron Wilbraham and Stephen Gleeson to name but three straight off the top of my head were very complimentary about him. The stuff you say about him being bitter about his own career being ended by injury really doesn't ring true compared to what Wilbraham said about the efforts Cotterill went to to keep him fit.
09:38, Sat 28 Nov
The only reason I doubt the Maccies story is true, With what we experienced here, there’s no way if that happened he wouldn’t have turned around and bollocked the poor worker who served him the food and pushed all the blame on them...
09:56, Sat 28 Nov
Possibly not, although its detail is impressive, and its microcosmic reduction of the man -

Receive advice in line with common sense. Ignore common sense. Fall flat on face. Wearied spectators observe debacle.

Agree it's unlikely, but found it hilarious at the time.
11:13, Sat 28 Nov
I'm still gonna maintain that it's true, purely because I can imagine him thinking that he knew better, just to end up looking like a prat.

However as mentioned above, he would've ended up bollocking the worker.

"You put ice in the drink. Why did you do that? If you didn't put ice in the drink then the cups become slightly lighter and I walk out of here without the bag bursting. Fine margins"
19:51, Sat 28 Nov
Wilbraham wasn't a young player, he played one season under Cotterill didn’t he? A journeyman pro

Won promotion

About as far removed from managing young players as it’s possible to get.

The day Cotterill went, the players at the club partied.

All of them

Huge celebration
@Bluewurst1875
19:56, Sat 28 Nov
I read that in his voice. Superb.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
19:59, Sat 28 Nov
Bluewurst
Wilbraham wasn't a young player, he played one season under Cotterill didn’t he? A journeyman pro

Won promotion

About as far removed from managing young players as it’s possible to get.

I was more referring to the part you said that Cotterill was resentful because his career endes early through injury. It is weird that someone apparently so bitter about their career being ended prematurely was actually very eager as a manager to help their players stay fit.

The day Cotterill went, the players at the club partied.

All of them

Huge celebration

More hearsay, which as I've said already is usually rubbish in a football club context.

But IF that party did happen, and if the celebration was HUGE, then that would be no great reflection on any players that were partying seeing they would be doing that in the immediate 72 hrs between the Forest game Cotterill took charge of and the Boro game Monk took charge off.
20:03, Sat 28 Nov
More hearsay?

Nah

Horses mouth.
@Bluewurst1875
20:17, Sat 28 Nov
Didn't know you were a vet
20:20, Sat 28 Nov
Interesting, I'm looking for a new team to support!