14:08, Sun 29 Nov
Cattell Prod
barnieeee
David Xavis
El Mayor
Herefordshire Cider Boozer
El Mayor
Robert Hopkins
With Steve Gibsons Millions was that a real achievement or would any half competent manager have achieved that?

Many clubs in this division pump in millions, including us. Not many clubs go up.

So yes, that promotion is an achievement IMO.

Where’s he going wrong now then?

Well, for a start we're about 25% of the way into the season, and I don't think anyone has managed promotion that quickly.

He's inherited a squad which was the worst in the English leagues post lockdown, with a whole bunch of new players to integrate. Morale was low, confidence was shot and the first job was to change that. Stop the team conceding three per game, stop their heads dropping when something went against them.

Yes, it's boring and dogshit now and if we're still the same after 25-30 games it will be a worry, but these things take time.

Plus, we fire Karanka is going to cost the club money it ain't got - and I don't think there will be much to spend in January either. It's going to be a long road upwards and part of that is because just how far down the plughole we'd gone.

Nicely put bud.

Brilliantly put, why cant all our fans speak common sense like this instead of the pathetic bed-wetting, so effing entitled, the afront of the team setting things right and repeatedly trying more progressive ideas...

give him some effing time, did they not see how abysmal we were, he has sorted the defence and now is trying different things upfront

Entitled? I’d like to think we’re entitled to something better than 3 wins in 26 games but I’m probably just being greedy

Yes,entitled. From worse we've gone to 17th, that's an improvement in anyone's book. In such a competitive league with more financial parity than ever, any improvement is an achievement, expecting more and criticising when not getting more makes that person entitled to me
15:32, Sun 29 Nov
Charcy
Yeah it's not just that we were conceding 3 a game post lockdown we also hardly created anything. We weren't losing games by throwing caution to the wind. There was a lot to improve throughout the team.

It's shit football and I don't enjoy watching it but I'm okay with giving it a season (not half as said above) for it to improve. Not least because we are picking up points and do have a cushion on the relegation zone. Whilst the football is dull, the situation as a whole is not half as bad as some people are making it sound. Realistically if we had 5 less points but had scored twice as many people would still be moaning just as much.

We were a dispirited, disorganised, confused shambles post-lockdown.

It's certainly better than that now. It's pretty grim to watch, to be absolutely fair, and it's not something that I'm enjoying sitting through, but post=lockdown was horrendous.

Sorry, but I think you are over exaggerating there 😛😁
15:37, Sun 29 Nov
I don't think anyone is enjoying it at the moment but unless things go drastically wrong he should be given at least this season and the beginning of next, then if we're still turning in dross performances against Luton and Millwall he deserves to be binned.

👍
15:40, Sun 29 Nov
I think a lot has to do with how AK feels about the team. I don’t think it’s got anything to do with trusting the players, rather I just don’t think he thinks the players are good enough especially in the defence. They aren’t, so he has to play 7 or 8 defensive players to sure it all up and make sure we get something out of the games.

Hopefully by this time next year our defence will look completely different. Youthful, energetic, full backs with pace. More players that AK wants, which therefor can create a more balanced team going forward.

I'm warming more and more to your posts. When you aren't doing the 'fragile' or 'pragmatic' thing - you do talk an awful lot of sense - imo.
Bluesince62
I think a lot has to do with how AK feels about the team. I don’t think it’s got anything to do with trusting the players, rather I just don’t think he thinks the players are good enough especially in the defence. They aren’t, so he has to play 7 or 8 defensive players to sure it all up and make sure we get something out of the games.

Hopefully by this time next year our defence will look completely different. Youthful, energetic, full backs with pace. More players that AK wants, which therefor can create a more balanced team going forward.

I'm warming more and more to your posts. When you aren't doing the 'fragile' or 'pragmatic' thing - you do talk an awful lot of sense - imo.

What’s he going to do with the 12 he’s already bought who aren’t good enough? Surely buy players who are good enough, or is he peeing money down the drain?
Why don’t you step away from the keyboard and get a life?
What’s he going to do with the 12 he’s already bought who aren’t good enough? Surely buy players who are good enough, or is he peeing money down the drain?

Camp -> Etheridge
Maghoma -> Sanchez
Davis -> Clayton
Kieftenbeld -> San Jose
Bailey -> Leko

I think most right-minded people will say they are five good "upgrades"

Friend
Toral
McGree

Three good squad players, already shown their worth. We desperately needed depth.

Halilovic is a prospect. I'm glad we're taking a punt on players with such calibre. If AK gets a tune out of him, fantastic. If not, one-year deal. You have to take chances on creative players.

Hogan and JCS were here last season. Prieto is backup, no comment to make here.

So, show me the money down the drain you're referring to?
21:40, Sun 29 Nov
So by your reasoning with these upgrades we should be doing alot better then?
21:42, Sun 29 Nov
Nice - tbh I couldn't be arsed to reply and you've done a much better job anyway 👍
21:42, Sun 29 Nov

We may do and here's the key....given time.
21:46, Sun 29 Nov
Wait and see then,
Be interesting to see what happens in the next six - twelve months and whether there's method in the madness or whether we've wasted another year or two
roger hynd

That’s what I was getting at.
Why don’t you step away from the keyboard and get a life?
21:51, Sun 29 Nov
Yes it will. It'd also be nice to have a bit of stability but 5 managers in 2 seasons says the odds are against.
21:54, Sun 29 Nov
roger hynd
Wait and see then,
Be interesting to see what happens in the next six - twelve months and whether there's method in the madness or whether we've wasted another year or two
That's what some of us want and are saying tbf
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
22:07, Sun 29 Nov
yeehaw

Camp -> Etheridge
Maghoma -> Sanchez
Davis -> Clayton
Kieftenbeld -> San Jose
Bailey -> Leko

I think most right-minded people will say they are five good "upgrades"

Friend
Toral
McGree

Three good squad players, already shown their worth. We desperately needed depth.

Halilovic is a prospect. I'm glad we're taking a punt on players with such calibre. If AK gets a tune out of him, fantastic. If not, one-year deal. You have to take chances on creative players.

Hogan and JCS were here last season. Prieto is backup, no comment to make here.

So, show me the money down the drain you're referring to?

Whilst those “upgrades” are maybe better technically are they better in terms of athleticism and power/pace? The best players are all of these things.
22:09, Sun 29 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
roger hynd
Wait and see then,
That's what some of us want and are saying tbf

This. The squad is slowly, but only slowly, improving and the manager is still trying to decide how to get the players to gel as a team playing the way he wants.