20:24, Sat 28 Nov
Too right we are on course for 33 goals scored this season at the current rate
20:25, Sat 28 Nov
yorksblue
Nothing so simplistic : I'm just intrigued to be reminded where we were after 14 games last season and how folk therefore thought about PC then as opposed to AK now...everything seems much more fogiving re AK.

And as I said, post lockdown was absolute bilge
Have you read the threads lately about AK?
The majority unhappy
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
20:26, Sat 28 Nov
Borofan
laughing_jackalope
My in law’s are all Boro fans, and they’ve constantly said that he’ll makes Blues solid, and defensive sound, once he’s happy with that he’ll move on to the attack. Even then it won’t be free flowing attacking football, but it will be effective.
After speaking to them, I’m confident he’ll get it right, but it’ll take time.
Any manager needs a minimum of 18 months to bring in his changes... so expect a few more months of this before things move forward.

Laughing, I said that same thing when I joined this forum. Would your in-laws agree that AK never had a plan b? It was one of his major failings that even most of the fans who were behind him admitted.
Even when we were pushing for promotion and he had steadied the defence he still refused to go for it in a game we were drawing 0-0 with 20mins to go.

If he gets two or three attacking players who click then you will start to nick a couple of games 1-0 and 2-0 but he will never focus on the attacking side of his teams.

Let us worry about a plan b once plan a is moderately functioning.
20:33, Sat 28 Nov
Yes I know you're not, I was being saft.
The simple truth is we won't know yet, will we? so what do we do? go for our 6th manager in 3 seasons? or maybe try a bit more patience for a bit longer?
I've read a couple of posts though where it seems people genuinely don't think Karanka wants to do anything other than draw every game, as long as we don't lose 😁, even the most defensive manager knows if you don't score you ain't winning a game. Cavalier football will never be top of his list according to other fans, but if he gets us winning 1-0 regular I'll be a lot happier than scoring none and conceding 3 at home all the time.
I think some just assumed it'd be 6 games of transition and boom! play offs here we come. We were an utter basket case on and off the pitch when he turned up and the signs of that Pep collapse were there before the lockdown too.
‘New manager bounce’ anyone? Never happens at Blues does it! He’s brought in 11 players and people are saying wait until the January window. What’s he going to do, sell some of the 11 he bought or buy more which we can’t afford? I thought the purpose of buying players was to improve on what you’ve got! What I’m trying to get at is is he going to change the style of play even ‘if’ he managed to buy his favoured players?

Can anyone tell me if being defensive in any other sport is it a positive thing?
Why don’t you step away from the keyboard and get a life?
DES
20:49, Sat 28 Nov
I’m not sure if it wasn’t Shane warne or steve Waugh who said be positive in every match, make your opponents defensive.
Obviously Karanka ain’t a cricket fan!
Kro
20:49, Sat 28 Nov
Borofan
If he gets two or three attacking players who click then you will start to nick a couple of games 1-0 and 2-0

What is this '2-0' of which you speak? 😁
The Belle of St. Trillions
20:51, Sat 28 Nov
Cup games after extra time 😛
20:55, Sat 28 Nov
Scoobers
Cup games after extra time 😛

And penalties....
20:55, Sat 28 Nov
Can’t be @rsed trying to dissect it all to be honest.

Dross again today and problems down there run a lot deeper than negative manager. Getting tedious.
21:06, Sat 28 Nov
Yeah it's not just that we were conceding 3 a game post lockdown we also hardly created anything. We weren't losing games by throwing caution to the wind. There was a lot to improve throughout the team.

It's shit football and I don't enjoy watching it but I'm okay with giving it a season (not half as said above) for it to improve. Not least because we are picking up points and do have a cushion on the relegation zone. Whilst the football is dull, the situation as a whole is not half as bad as some people are making it sound. Realistically if we had 5 less points but had scored twice as many people would still be moaning just as much.
SHA Poster and Poster Boy of the Year 2020
21:08, Sat 28 Nov
And more
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
21:09, Sat 28 Nov
Charcy
Yeah it's not just that we were conceding 3 a game post lockdown we also hardly created anything. We weren't losing games by throwing caution to the wind. There was a lot to improve throughout the team.

It's shit football and I don't enjoy watching it but I'm okay with giving it a season (not half as said above) for it to improve. Not least because we are picking up points and do have a cushion on the relegation zone. Whilst the football is dull, the situation as a whole is not half as bad as some people are making it sound. Realistically if we had 5 less points but had scored twice as many people would still be moaning just as much.

We were a dispirited, disorganised, confused shambles post-lockdown.

It's certainly better than that now. It's pretty grim to watch, to be absolutely fair, and it's not something that I'm enjoying sitting through, but post=lockdown was horrendous.
21:14, Sat 28 Nov
I'm still yet to hear any reason why criticism of not utilising our bench today, is being negated by pointing at how bad we were last season.

The two things are mutually exclusive.

Question: "Juke wasn't giving us anything and was having no impact on the game, why didn't Karanka try to freshen it up with Hogan.. Or bring Bela on sooner?"

Answer: "Well we were conceding 3 goals a game last year and now we've tightened it up. Be happy with that and give him time".

Okay...
21:16, Sat 28 Nov
Im bored to tears by Blues and frustrated by the chopping and changing starting 11 and lack of substitutions but to be honest at least we're not getting hammered or looking like we're going to get hammered. I think we need to use this season as one of stability and hopefully with time we'll push on. Im just glad im not freezing my balls off in the ground watching the shit thats being served up. Things take time and won't happen over night. He needs to be given until the end of the season at least, the bloke has played and managed at the highest levels and is getting more stick than Pep fecking Clotet did, its early days.