21:18, Sat 28 Nov
If post lockdown is going to be the benchmark continually used to judge how well we’re doing then god help us.
21:18, Sat 28 Nov
Charcy
Yeah it's not just that we were conceding 3 a game post lockdown we also hardly created anything. We weren't losing games by throwing caution to the wind. There was a lot to improve throughout the team.

It's shit football and I don't enjoy watching it but I'm okay with giving it a season (not half as said above) for it to improve. Not least because we are picking up points and do have a cushion on the relegation zone. Whilst the football is dull, the situation as a whole is not half as bad as some people are making it sound.

Agreed, I think some people have forgotten how awful we were last season, even before lockdown. Someone on here today said we played "free-flowing football" at times under Pep 😭

My one concern at the moment is the lack of utilization of subs.
21:19, Sat 28 Nov
Mario kempes 78
How the feck did he manage that...

Because he’s an actual manager. Look at our record at the end of last season.

Nah feck it let’s sack him and bring in Paul cook, give him 2 months, sack him, then get Nigel clough, sack him after a month, then get Craig Gardner in, sack him after 20 minutes.
21:26, Sat 28 Nov
LH_4
I'm still yet to hear any reason why criticism of not utilising our bench today, is being negated by pointing at how bad we were last season.

The two things are mutually exclusive.

Question: "Juke wasn't giving us anything and was having no impact on the game, why didn't Karanka try to freshen it up with Hogan.. Or bring Bela on sooner?"

Answer: "Well we were conceding 3 goals a game last year and now we've tightened it up. Be happy with that and give him time".

Okay...

This is a thread about sacking him. If you're going to bring other stuff up be ready for it not to be answered.

My answer is that it's annoying but I'm not the manager and ultimately it's his decision. Many people said that they were willing to accept not being in a relegation scrap this season. That looks like it may well be achieved.

The football is shit but I can't be f*cked to have another manager's average players coming in and filling out the squad as dead wood for 3 years too long. I would rather give one manager a bit of time to use them the way he wants.
SHA Poster and Poster Boy of the Year 2020
21:29, Sat 28 Nov
yeehaw
Charcy
Yeah it's not just that we were conceding 3 a game post lockdown we also hardly created anything. We weren't losing games by throwing caution to the wind. There was a lot to improve throughout the team.

It's shit football and I don't enjoy watching it but I'm okay with giving it a season (not half as said above) for it to improve. Not least because we are picking up points and do have a cushion on the relegation zone. Whilst the football is dull, the situation as a whole is not half as bad as some people are making it sound.

Agreed, I think some people have forgotten how awful we were last season, even before lockdown. Someone on here today said we played "free-flowing football" at times under Pep 😭

This time last year we were playing decent football under Pep at times, I disagree with the poster saying 'the majority' were not giving him a chance. Form changed around now, however, and in response we gave up on the project.
SHA Poster and Poster Boy of the Year 2020
21:29, Sat 28 Nov
It's recent enough to be used as a comparison though. I'd like to see this manager given enough time to get his own ideas and squad together for a devcent period of time.
The Belle of St. Trillions
21:37, Sat 28 Nov
Charcy

Seconded.
@Bluewurst1875
21:37, Sat 28 Nov
It's almost as though everybody has forgotten games like the Stoke away game with Harding as left wing back. It really wasn't that long ago
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
21:38, Sat 28 Nov
El Mayor
Robert Hopkins
I disagree that the squad was the worst in the league - they achieved the worst but that was due to the lemon that was Pep. To state my case i am far from calling for his head, he is our manager and will support him its just my opinion of not wanting him is being borne out.

It is very much looking like he has signed players and not a team and i'm frustrated beyond belief.

They were statistically the worst in the league. That is not an opinion, that is a fact.

Which is what I said - what they achieved was the worst, but i think it has been argued to death on here that the squad was where they were due to the management not the quality of the players.
SHA's Resident Estate Agent
21:39, Sat 28 Nov
yeehaw
Charcy

Thats where we got frustrated with pep plan A and then refused to change it even when patently not working, didn't watch today but against both Cov & luton the games were calling out for subs that never happened.
SHA's Resident Estate Agent
21:39, Sat 28 Nov
It has been argued to death.......incorrectly
21:40, Sat 28 Nov
Brother Tam
It's recent enough to be used as a comparison though. I'd like to see this manager given enough time to get his own ideas and squad together for a devcent period of time.

Comparison yes but getting tired of expectation that we be satisfied because we’ve improved on it when we’re still very poor.

We’re Birmingham City. Should have more ambition.
21:41, Sat 28 Nov
I don't think anyone is enjoying it at the moment but unless things go drastically wrong he should be given at least this season and the beginning of next, then if we're still turning in dross performances against Luton and Millwall he deserves to be binned.
21:43, Sat 28 Nov
King Tut
Brother Tam

Comparison yes but getting tired of expectation that we be satisfied because we’ve improved on it when we’re still very poor.

We’re Birmingham City. Should have more ambition.

I genuinely don't see any satisfaction, or expectation that we should be satisfied, from anyone about our current situation.
The Belle of St. Trillions
21:47, Sat 28 Nov
Plan A (pep total soccer) became plan B which was in fact plan A the Season before (lump soccer).

I hope that makes sense to someone somewhere 🙂.