21:50, Sat 28 Nov
Monk? Lump Soccer? That’ll upset folk on here
22:08, Sat 28 Nov
It gets bought up in every thread. As soon as anybody questions anything that they don't remotely agree with or are frustrated about, straight away it's "ah well, it isn't as shit as last season so give it 3 years"

I don't want him sacked. It's ridiculous to suggest he should be when we're not even half way through the season.. But people are quite rightly annoyed at his game management.
22:12, Sat 28 Nov
LH_4
It gets bought up in every thread. As soon as anybody questions anything that they don't remotely agree with or are frustrated about, straight away it's "ah well, it isn't as shit as last season so give it 3 years"

I don't want him sacked. It's ridiculous to suggest he should be when we're not even half way through the season.. But people are quite rightly annoyed at his game management.

I like a lot of your posts, but you don't half go OTT sometimes.
The Belle of St. Trillions
22:17, Sat 28 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
It's almost as though everybody has forgotten games like the Stoke away game with Harding as left wing back. It really wasn't that long ago

Yeah but the difference is Rab we've now got an alledgedly top class manager in who's supposedly the dogs dangly bits.
Yet to see any evidence personally.
I will be amazed if he proves me wrong, its all about opinions I spose, that's why it's called a forum
22:21, Sat 28 Nov
Top class? Who said that? He has a worthy cv though, imo.
He’s improved us.
That’s a start. Always.
The Club is functioning better. That wasn’t the case last year. Let’s hope the improvement continues in all areas. That’s the way to progress over time.
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
22:25, Sat 28 Nov
Brother Tam
LH_4

Yeah it's obviously an exaggeration on my part, but that's just how I feel.

I feel that a lot of people are frustrated and quite rightly, but then somebody will just surmise that because things aren't as bad as post-lockdown, it's still going well.

I want to believe in Karanka and I know that things will get better once he's had a couple of windows to address some of the squad shortfalls, but I will never understand how he can watch games like today unfold, and not be even remotely tempted to see what Hogan could do, or a change in shape, or the introduction of Bela earlier, or bring Mcgree or Toral on, etc. Or some fresh legs in midfield a la Gardner, to allow us to press a bit higher.
22:26, Sat 28 Nov
LH_4
I'm still yet to hear any reason why criticism of not utilising our bench today, is being negated by pointing at how bad we were last season.

The two things are mutually exclusive.

Question: "Juke wasn't giving us anything and was having no impact on the game, why didn't Karanka try to freshen it up with Hogan.. Or bring Bela on sooner?"

Answer: "Well we were conceding 3 goals a game last year and now we've tightened it up. Be happy with that and give him time".

Okay...

I’ll theorise on that one.

I reckon he is more interested in seeing how the side and formation he has put out performs for the whole game rather trying to win it. He’s experimenting with players, positions and formations and so long as we don’t lose, seeing what they can do for a whole game is more important. So long as we don’t go down I don’t think results matter to him too much this season. That’s why the defensive part was so important. Especially as there are no crowds in. He’s almost treating the games like training. Next season we start for real. It’s a 3 year objective.
22:28, Sat 28 Nov
El Mayor
Robert Hopkins
Can someone explain to me what he has ever actually achieved and why the huge clamour for him to be appointed ? I never got it and definitely don't now.

Got Boro promoted didn't he?

We also remember that he took them straight down in truly awful fashion. They offered nothing that season and refused to even try. My fear is that he's just repeating the same methods but with a vastly weaker side.
22:29, Sat 28 Nov
LH_4
Brother Tam
LH_4

Yeah it's obviously an exaggeration on my part, but that's just how I feel.

I feel that a lot of people are frustrated and quite rightly, but then somebody will just surmise that because things aren't as bad as post-lockdown, it's still going well.

I want to believe in Karanka and I know that things will get better once he's had a couple of windows to address some of the squad shortfalls, but I will never understand how he can watch games like today unfold, and not be even remotely tempted to see what Hogan could do, or a change in shape, or the introduction of Bela earlier, or bring Mcgree or Toral on, etc. Or some fresh legs in midfield a la Gardner, to allow us to press a bit higher.

Fair enough - that's frustrating, tbf. I haven't missed a minute of the games this season, and it IS tough going.
The Belle of St. Trillions
22:31, Sat 28 Nov
I think a lot has to do with how AK feels about the team. I don’t think it’s got anything to do with trusting the players, rather I just don’t think he thinks the players are good enough especially in the defence. They aren’t, so he has to play 7 or 8 defensive players to sure it all up and make sure we get something out of the games.

Hopefully by this time next year our defence will look completely different. Youthful, energetic, full backs with pace. More players that AK wants, which therefor can create a more balanced team going forward.
But with the games coming so thick and fast, particularly with the introduction of 5 subs now.

Even if he felt the result was a foregone conclusion and it had become, as you say a training exercise to see how certain players cope, surely it would be better to give some of the older players a breather so they can give a better account of themselves in say the next game in 3 games time?

Assuming Juke and MSJ both start again on Tuesday, that'll be their third start in a week.
Robert Hopkins
El Mayor
Robert Hopkins
I disagree that the squad was the worst in the league - they achieved the worst but that was due to the lemon that was Pep. To state my case i am far from calling for his head, he is our manager and will support him its just my opinion of not wanting him is being borne out.

It is very much looking like he has signed players and not a team and i'm frustrated beyond belief.

They were statistically the worst in the league. That is not an opinion, that is a fact.

Which is what I said - what they achieved was the worst, but i think it has been argued to death on here that the squad was where they were due to the management not the quality of the players.

The squad post lockdown was ridiculously thin. It was poor. The bench was often entirely children. Whilst we gained Hogan, probably others i can't remember, we lost Villalba, Giminez, Maghoma, Montero, Mrabti and Bailey plus Mceachran to injury from this time last year.
We have been reigning champions of the South for nearly 75 years and nobody talks about it. Why?
22:33, Sat 28 Nov
Pile of shite, get rid
22:34, Sat 28 Nov
And plenty have said that or acknowledged it.
Considering paying him and his staff off now though, rather than being patient, would be a chronic waste of some of the gift the Bellingham's sent our way imo and then we're left with Dong and co to make another appointment
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
22:34, Sat 28 Nov
No he didn't get Boro promoted...not sure where this myth has come from but a simple check on Wiki shows that apart from a spell as assistant to Mourinho at Real his managerial career is nothing special and that's being generous

[en.wikipedia.org]