17:45, Sat 28 Nov
Bluewurst
Not this rubbish again

Every single time, a handful of games in, the knives are out not his board

And every single time it’s the same person

Sniff sniff

Spot on. The same band of thieves repeating the same hollow opinions. No consideration for where we were, or what our squad looked like.

The idea that Warnock or Cook would be doing any better is laughable.

"At least they would be having a go"..."Better than watching this"

What players would they have signed to turn us into a Total Football outfit, right after conceding 3 a game for 15 games?

We certainly wouldn't have Etheridge, Friend or Clayton to call upon. Nor none of the Spaniards. JCS doubtful.
Herefordshire Cider Boozer
El Mayor
Robert Hopkins
With Steve Gibsons Millions was that a real achievement or would any half competent manager have achieved that?

Many clubs in this division pump in millions, including us. Not many clubs go up.

So yes, that promotion is an achievement IMO.

Where’s he going wrong now then?

Well, for a start we're about 25% of the way into the season, and I don't think anyone has managed promotion that quickly.

He's inherited a squad which was the worst in the English leagues post lockdown, with a whole bunch of new players to integrate. Morale was low, confidence was shot and the first job was to change that. Stop the team conceding three per game, stop their heads dropping when something went against them.

Yes, it's boring and dogshit now and if we're still the same after 25-30 games it will be a worry, but these things take time.

Plus, we fire Karanka is going to cost the club money it ain't got - and I don't think there will be much to spend in January either. It's going to be a long road upwards and part of that is because just how far down the plughole we'd gone.
17:47, Sat 28 Nov
El Mayor
El Mayor
Robert Hopkins
With Steve Gibsons Millions was that a real achievement or would any half competent manager have achieved that?

Many clubs in this division pump in millions, including us. Not many clubs go up.

Well, for a start we're about 25% of the way into the season, and I don't think anyone has managed promotion that quickly.

He's inherited a squad which was the worst in the English leagues post lockdown, with a whole bunch of new players to integrate. Morale was low, confidence was shot and the first job was to change that. Stop the team conceding three per game, stop their heads dropping when something went against them.

Yes, it's boring and dogshit now and if we're still the same after 25-30 games it will be a worry, but these things take time.

Plus, we fire Karanka is going to cost the club money it ain't got - and I don't think there will be much to spend in January either. It's going to be a long road upwards and part of that is because just how far down the plughole we'd gone.

Nicely put bud.
17:51, Sat 28 Nov
El Mayor
El Mayor
Robert Hopkins

17:54, Sat 28 Nov
El Mayor
El Mayor
Robert Hopkins

No disrespect but all I’m seeing is how important having a top goalkeeper is.
17:56, Sat 28 Nov
We have quickly forgotten our dreadful form at the end of last season, the worst in the country.
We were conceeding three goals a game. We are moving the right way albeit slowly.
One of the problems is with so many top class games and players on t.v. by comparison our players look and are technically poor.
17:58, Sat 28 Nov

So if there is no money for new players you are saying that the balance of the team and how it plays is going to completely alter in the next 15 matches or so?

Don't see that happening at all but would love to be proven wrong because I have seen no evidence of either a plan in terms of formation or style of play let alone one that is slowly developing.

I hope that I am wrong, but my prediction for every game for the next, say 15, is 0-0.
Just watched another abysmal showing no ideas nothing up front midfield terrible what on earth does karanka do with them on the training field clueless myself apart from being better in defence nothing as improved whatsoever for me it's so awful to watch what a waste of ten quid

So they're not better in defence?
18:01, Sat 28 Nov
mattwakeman

So if there is no money for new players you are saying that the balance of the team and how it plays is going to completely alter in the next 15 matches or so?

Don't see that happening at all but would love to be proven wrong because I have seen no evidence of either a plan in terms of formation or style of play let alone one that is slowly developing.

I hope that I am wrong, but my prediction for every game for the next, say 15, is 0-0.

Halilovic is yet to play. McEachran and Clayton to come back from injuries. Leko is still not 100% after a long period out. It's possible that things can improve - I think we have to give Karanka a bit of time to prove it. I'm not saying he's untouchable for three years, but I am saying we should give him half a season before we decide we need to roll the dice again.
18:02, Sat 28 Nov
Robert Hopkins
Can someone explain to me what he has ever actually achieved and why the huge clamour for him to be appointed ? I never got it and definitely don't now.

Got Boro promoted didn't he?

Clearly, that doesn't count. Surprised you don't know that
18:02, Sat 28 Nov
Agreed , Mayor
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
18:07, Sat 28 Nov
My argument though, is that I understand that we were pony after lockdown last season.

We were leaking goals for fun and this season we have ensured that doesn't happen again, by playing extremely defensively and prioritising not conceding over creating chances ourselves.

So for anybody who instantly reverts to last season to sum up the current performances, I ask you.. What has last season got to do with making just 1 substitution today?

When things aren't going well and we are producing a flat performance, what part of Pep Clotet/Spooner/Gardner's Blues means that we can't bring in Hogan for Juke today?

What was it about last season that means we can't bring on Bela before the 75th minute today?

People often bring up the state of affairs last season to justify every dour, negative performance. But just because we are building "slowly" as part of a "3 year project" that doesn't mean that Karanka gets a pass for every poor performance that we churn out under his stewardship.

For the first time in years we actually have options on the bench to change the game. For the first in history (AFAIK) we are allowed to call on five substitutions. We keep being told that Karanka is a master tactician and the most tactically astute Blues manager we've ever had... So why aren't we changing games more dynamically to try and get something from them?

I don't think last season can keep being wheeled out as a blanket response to any criticism that anybody has of Karanka.

He took the job, he oversaw 11 players coming in and he'll be on a very generous retainer. At some point we need to have loftier ambitions than constant 0-0 draws against teams who won't have easier games all season. If Karanka is the mastermind that people say he is, let's see something other than a team with 5 defenders and 3 central Mids, playing a load of tall players to try and nick a set piece.
18:07, Sat 28 Nov
I disagree that the squad was the worst in the league - they achieved the worst but that was due to the lemon that was Pep. To state my case i am far from calling for his head, he is our manager and will support him its just my opinion of not wanting him is being borne out.

It is very much looking like he has signed players and not a team and i'm frustrated beyond belief.
SHA's Resident Estate Agent
18:12, Sat 28 Nov
LH_4
My argument though, is that I understand that we were pony after lockdown last season.

We were leaking goals for fun and this season we have ensured that doesn't happen again, by playing extremely defensively and prioritising not conceding over creating chances ourselves.

So for anybody who instantly reverts to last season to sum up the current performances, I ask you.. What has last season got to do with making just 1 substitution today?

When things aren't going well and we are producing a flat performance, what part of Pep Clotet/Spooner/Gardner's Blues means that we can't bring in Hogan for Juke today?

What was it about last season that means we can't bring on Bela before the 75th minute today?

People often bring up the state of affairs last season to justify every dour, negative performance. But just because we are building "slowly" as part of a "3 year project" that doesn't mean that Karanka gets a pass for every poor performance that we churn out under his stewardship.

For the first time in years we actually have options on the bench to change the game. For the first in history (AFAIK) we are allowed to call on five substitutions. We keep being told that Karanka is a master tactician and the most tactically astute Blues manager we've ever had... So why aren't we changing games more dynamically to try and get something from them?

I don't think last season can being used as a blanket response to any criticism that anybody has of Karanka.

He took the job, he oversaw 11 players coming in and he'll be on a very generous retainer. At some point we need to have loftier ambitions than constant 0-0 draws against teams who won't have easier games all season. If Karanka is the mastermind that people say he is, let's see something other than a team with 5 defenders and 3 central Mids, playing a load of tall players to try and nick a set piece.

Agreed. But I also agree he should get far more time, 14 games isn't that many to turn around last season's form.

Maybe I can see why today would be a tough game to win, but we need to pick up some wins in December otherwise the morale he's turning around really will plummet.
18:13, Sat 28 Nov
Robert Hopkins
I disagree that the squad was the worst in the league - they achieved the worst but that was due to the lemon that was Pep. To state my case i am far from calling for his head, he is our manager and will support him its just my opinion of not wanting him is being borne out.

It is very much looking like he has signed players and not a team and i'm frustrated beyond belief.

They were statistically the worst in the league. That is not an opinion, that is a fact.