18:40, Sat 28 Nov
I'm talking in general, not today.
With Steve Gibsons Millions was that a real achievement or would any half competent manager have achieved that?

Have Derby?
But I'm just not seeing anything to suggest that there is a plan that Karanka is working towards. There is attacking players at the club already but every game is a mishmash of what feels like a new formation with 0-0 being seen as such a positive that no subs are made.

Of course blues won't bin him off this quickly, what manager (in this case Dong) wants to make an admission that they have made a mistake and maybe in time Karanka would prove to be a huge success, but I can't see a plan. If he had decided that our base formation was going to be X and then recruited with that in mind and then worked on alternative formations to tweak depending on who you are playing that would be one thing.

But what is Blues best 11? What is the default formation? I want Karanka to succeed, but I also want to enjoy spending my time watching Blues.
18:41, Sat 28 Nov
Baring a decent period under Clotet where we actually looked to play expansive football for the first time ever it’s been bang average.

But we have AK now. It’s pragmatic and negative but it’s still early stages. He’s had one window. Like I’ve said we still need to rebuild in certain areas.

I just hope we bring in the right players.

Etheridge is a top keeper and Leko is the right age to continue improving.

We need younger, brighter footballers in defence and at centre forward. Get those and we will be better.
18:44, Sat 28 Nov
Worst in Europe after lockdown weren’t we?

Yes, we were. So he's stopped the rot, first part of the job done, now for the next part. Trouble is a lot of our fans are 'I want it all and I want it right now'.

Our very own Kym off here was on WM as I was driving home, if anyone heard her, I thought she talked perfect sense. Good interview with Marc Roberts after Kym as well, he also spoke sensibly.
18:45, Sat 28 Nov
Oh without a doubt Etheridge is the dogs, can't believe Cardiff let him go preferring Smithies. Neil is the best in the division, my bias apart.
18:50, Sat 28 Nov
This is the Paul Cook that Wigan fans were desperate to get rid of for two thirds of last season?

It doesn’t matter who’s in charge, they need time. We’ve had about 9 seasons of constant decline and you expect it to be sorted in 2 months? Any manager worth their salt stops conceding goals first then builds on that. Let’s see who he brings in during the next window.

Is it pretty? No. But, last season we’d have lost the Luton game and today’s.

Give the man time.
18:52, Sat 28 Nov
Didn't we do the double over Luton?
18:52, Sat 28 Nov
We only went truly downhill after Pep said he was leaving. Easy to forget IMO.

All this talk of a three year plan from the club is only PR in reality, like they promised Cotterill money to spend, that we were then changing of style of football when Pep was appointed etc.

If it's right three goals from open play this season shows we are too defensive, our defenders weren't that bad if better organised, our forwards are better than what they're being allowed to show at present.

Karanka has got away with his style of play before as won games at Boro, not as many at Forest. It's only the usual few who want everything now, most would accept a long term picture if there was a few more wins and a bit more hope to see on the pitch.
19:01, Sat 28 Nov
Herefordshire Cider Boozer
El Mayor
Robert Hopkins
With Steve Gibsons Millions was that a real achievement or would any half competent manager have achieved that?

Many clubs in this division pump in millions, including us. Not many clubs go up.

So yes, that promotion is an achievement IMO.

Where’s he going wrong now then?

Well, for a start we're about 25% of the way into the season, and I don't think anyone has managed promotion that quickly.

He's inherited a squad which was the worst in the English leagues post lockdown, with a whole bunch of new players to integrate. Morale was low, confidence was shot and the first job was to change that. Stop the team conceding three per game, stop their heads dropping when something went against them.

Yes, it's boring and dogshit now and if we're still the same after 25-30 games it will be a worry, but these things take time.

Plus, we fire Karanka is going to cost the club money it ain't got - and I don't think there will be much to spend in January either. It's going to be a long road upwards and part of that is because just how far down the plughole we'd gone.

👏👍
19:03, Sat 28 Nov
Exactly this.

"Rome wasn't built in a day, but they were adding bricks every hour"
19:07, Sat 28 Nov
We only went truly downhill after Pep said he was leaving. Easy to forget IMO.

All this talk of a three year plan from the club is only PR in reality, like they promised Cotterill money to spend, that we were then changing of style of football when Pep was appointed etc.

If it's right three goals from open play this season shows we are too defensive, our defenders weren't that bad if better organised, our forwards are better than what they're being allowed to show at present.

Karanka has got away with his style of play before as won games at Boro, not as many at Forest. It's only the usual few who want everything now, most would accept a long term picture if there was a few more wins and a bit more hope to see on the pitch.

Heard this off others - it doesn't matter - Mayor is spot on. That was the situation he has walked into and that was the first thing to sort, it doesn't matter if we were like Brazil before the virus (we weren't anyway), we were the worst side in Europe - that's what he had to contend with. He seems on the way to doing that. The next bit is the hardest - people will have to accept it may take time. There really isn't a lot more to say.
19:10, Sat 28 Nov
I just want a few goals, some entertainment. Is that too much to ask?

I'm not expecting us to be world beaters.
I do think no home wins from Wycombe, Rotherham, Sheffield Wednesday is poor.

We spend so much of each game not attacking it is amazing.
I know we lack a bit of pace, but the individual players are surely capable of playing more attractive football.

I'd like us to use more subs. It's a 16 man game now. You should be taking advantage of this. I can't see why in any game we aren't winning we haven't freshened up with 3-4 players by the 70th minute. I can understand waiting with the final sub. But with two games a week changing muxh of the side makes sense. You can keep everyone a bit fresher.

It's why you need a proper squad.
19:16, Sat 28 Nov
Agree with most of that.
I’m enjoying not having to watch the opposition look they’re going to score 3 every game though. I really am.
And I’m treating it as a positive that it’s easier to only have to score 1 or 2 to win a game rather than 3 or 4
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
19:16, Sat 28 Nov
Of course it matters. Someone says they're off the edge goes. Seen it before in football too.

Like I said previously on your time comment fans are fine with it of there's a few decent results and a bit of hope, especially in the way we go forward.

Saying we've improved is only partly true. Defensively yes but then it will be with so many behind the ball more often.

Three goals in open play in fifteen games or so is pathetic, meh etc.
We are better than that and it certainly needs improving upon yeah ?

We scored more goals under blooming Cotterell 😂