17:03, Sat 28 Nov
Forget the 3 year project stuff. Forget the dire performances and everything else.

Good coaches improve the individual performances of players.

Rowett improved the players he inherited.

Monk improved the players he inherited.

Who has Karanka improved?

I'd say Harlee Dean is the only one. Roberts doesn't make as many mistakes but I wouldn't say that he has improved as a footballer. Even then you could argue that the shift in the defensive philosophy has helped to paper over the defensive fragility of both of those players.

Considering the reputation that Karanka came with, and the tactical genius that some have made him out to be...

Does anybody have any advances on one player improved from the entire squad?
17:12, Sat 28 Nov
I’d say Colin has looked better than last season when he’s played in his correct position.

Nobody else though.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
17:14, Sat 28 Nov
Blues are rotten to the core and need a rebuild from the bottom up. But every time we get a player who could take us to the next level (Jude, Che, Dimmy) we have to sell them. Can't see it ending anytime soon. Can't win games, or indeed this division, with mediocrity.
17:57, Sat 28 Nov
Monk and Rowett adapted the side very quickly to use the limited strengths of the players they had at their disposal to best effect for short term gain, i.e to keep us up. I reckon I will get shot down for saying this but I think Karanka is trying to do more than just that and genuinely build an approach and style for the mid term and sustained success. He has simply realised that he doesn’t yet have the players to do so and it will take time. But he isn’t willing to simply change it all up and go for short term wins as he doesn’t need to yet because he has no pressure on him to do so.
18:00, Sat 28 Nov
Colin, Dean, Pedersen, Roberts definitely. Maybe even Sunjic.
But that’s as much down to how bad we were
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
18:06, Sat 28 Nov
Monk and Rowett adapted the side very quickly to use the limited strengths of the players they had at their disposal to best effect for short term gain, i.e to keep us up. I reckon I will get shot down for saying this but I think Karanka is trying to do more than just that and genuinely build an approach and style for the mid term and sustained success. He has simply realised that he doesn’t yet have the players to do so and it will take time. But he isn’t willing to simply change it all up and go for short term wins as he doesn’t need to yet because he has no pressure on him to do so.

I'm more or less with you. Aitor is effing about because he has to, to see which players can consistently do what he wants them to, and, like it or not, we are picking up points.

We'll be alright.
18:09, Sat 28 Nov
Vile brought in Shakespeare to help bacon face, and its working.
We need to do something similar.
The Krank has sorted us as a defensive unit but the rest is clueless.
Like an English rain. So light yet endless from a leaden sky. Neil Peart RIP.

And when the music stops
There's only the sound of the rain.
18:11, Sat 28 Nov
Let’s get Wenger
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
18:12, Sat 28 Nov
We won't if we keep drawing games with few wins.

And when the music stops
18:15, Sat 28 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Let’s get Wenger

We couldn't afford his tanning sessions🤣

And when the music stops
18:16, Sat 28 Nov
Bluestaines

Think this is very astute
18:24, Sat 28 Nov
LH_4
Forget the 3 year project stuff. Forget the dire performances and everything else.

Good coaches improve the individual performances of players.

Rowett improved the players he inherited.

Monk improved the players he inherited.

Who has Karanka improved?

I'd say Harlee Dean is the only one. Roberts doesn't make as many mistakes but I wouldn't say that he has improved as a footballer. Even then you could argue that the shift in the defensive philosophy has helped to paper over the defensive fragility of both of those players.

Considering the reputation that Karanka came with, and the tactical genius that some have made him out to be...

Does anybody have any advances on one player improved from the entire squad?

You seriously don’t see an improvement from the end of last season where we were ranked the 3rd worst team in Europe after lockdown? Come on mate
18:25, Sat 28 Nov
It doesn’t mean I’m any less bored by the games as everybody else. Just reluctantly putting up with it.
18:31, Sat 28 Nov
I entirely suspect soon the '3 year project' claims will look really silly.

Much akin to the 'club in transition'....it will all be swept aside when Dong realises we need a no nonsense football manager who can come in and get us playing fecking football. Not fancy ball, tippy tappy or shut up shop football....kick the ball in their net football.

Dong is desperate to do the right thing but the guy is cursed, much like the club.

Rowett got us solid and scoring
Monk made us solid, and we still looked threatening.

Karanka has made us boring, static and so predictable it's frightening. Not an improvement, on what we've seen.

Other managers would have way more out of this lot. Granted without Karanka would some of them even be here? It's all well and good getting your man, but if you can't get anything out of them what's the fecking point.
18:32, Sat 28 Nov
Bluestaines

If I could see any evidence of this then I’d agree but where is this approach he’s trying to build? He’s chopping and changing players and formations game to game.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.