18:34, Sat 28 Nov
StechyBlue
I entirely suspect soon the '3 year project' claims will look really silly.

Much akin to the 'club in transition'....it will all be swept aside when Dong realises we need a no nonsense football manager who can come in and get us playing fecking football. Not fancy ball, tippy tappy or shut up shop football....kick the ball in their net football.

Dong is desperate to do the right thing but the guy is cursed, much like the club.

Rowett got us solid and scoring
Monk made us solid, and we still looked threatening.

Karanka has made us boring, static and so predictable it's frightening. Not an improvement, on what we've seen.

Other managers would have way more out of this lot. Granted without Karanka would some of them even be here? It's all well and good getting your man, but if you can't get anything out of them what's the fecking point.

Yeah agreed about Dong I said such recently, I highly doubt he will give AK time with how things are going.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
18:41, Sat 28 Nov
Bluestaines
Monk and Rowett adapted the side very quickly to use the limited strengths of the players they had at their disposal to best effect for short term gain, i.e to keep us up. I reckon I will get shot down for saying this but I think Karanka is trying to do more than just that and genuinely build an approach and style for the mid term and sustained success. He has simply realised that he doesn’t yet have the players to do so and it will take time. But he isn’t willing to simply change it all up and go for short term wins as he doesn’t need to yet because he has no pressure on him to do so.

Think this is very astute

If we don't start winning and got anywhere near relegation zone, I reckon the pressure would mount.

We're not invincible. It's not a free season for him to saunter along until we have other players, we need to start picking up points. Not just 1 every 2 games or whatever our current average is.
18:47, Sat 28 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Colin, Dean, Pedersen, Roberts definitely. Maybe even Sunjic.
But that’s as much down to how bad we were

IMO, Pedersen and Colin aren't playing any better at the moment than they were under Monk. Colin you could argue is playing defensively better at the moment, but his best work going forward came under Redknapp and flashes under Pep pre-lockdown.

Sunjic played his best stuff under Pep after his initial signing. Looked very good, scored screamers, got about the pitch well, certainly hasn't been improved by Karanka.
19:06, Sat 28 Nov
Improved since Karanka arrived. Definitely imo
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
19:09, Sat 28 Nov
I'm not confident we'll get the players to make a difference in January
19:11, Sat 28 Nov
Nor am I.
Strength , pace and willingness to run in behind. Hopefully a striker rather than a steward
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
19:35, Sat 28 Nov
Colin, Dean, Pedersen, Roberts definitely. Maybe even Sunjic.
But that’s as much down to how bad we were

Agreed

Which is basically the players that have been carried over

Even Hogan scored
@Bluewurst1875
20:04, Sat 28 Nov
Juke
Bela
Gardner
Jake CS
Crowley
22:37, Sat 28 Nov
Super Hans
Bluestaines
Monk and Rowett adapted the side very quickly to use the limited strengths of the players they had at their disposal to best effect for short term gain, i.e to keep us up. I reckon I will get shot down for saying this but I think Karanka is trying to do more than just that and genuinely build an approach and style for the mid term and sustained success. He has simply realised that he doesn’t yet have the players to do so and it will take time. But he isn’t willing to simply change it all up and go for short term wins as he doesn’t need to yet because he has no pressure on him to do so.

If I could see any evidence of this then I’d agree but where is this approach he’s trying to build? He’s chopping and changing players and formations game to game.

Because he is still trying to work out what works and what doesn’t. He is using the games to experiment.
23:09, Sat 28 Nov
StechyBlue

Much akin to the 'club in transition'....it will all be swept aside when Dong realises we need a no nonsense football manager who can come in and get us playing fecking football. Not fancy ball, tippy tappy or shut up shop football....kick the ball in their net football.

Dong is desperate to do the right thing but the guy is cursed, much like the club.

Karanka has made us boring, static and so predictable it's frightening. Not an improvement, on what we've seen.

Other managers would have way more out of this lot. Granted without Karanka would some of them even be here? It's all well and good getting your man, but if you can't get anything out of them what's the fecking point.

This.

Karanka has merely imposed his ultra defensive approach on to the players he inherited. He’s also brought in his own yes men to reinforce that.
A good manager would show more flexibility and adapt to the players at his disposal, to get the best out of them.

Karanka displayed his inflexibility/stubbornness in his one season in the PL. A disastrous 13% win ratio, with only 27 goals scored, cos he couldn’t or wouldn’t adapt to the needs of the PL.

I’m disappointed that Karanka is still not showing any signs of developing an effective, balanced playing style. No wonder Juke & Hogan look perplexed.

Karanka needs to show some progression pdq. With fans in the Stadium, he wouldn’t get away with this.
23:12, Sat 28 Nov
Applying Prem stats isn’t really relevant. What were his stats at Boro in this league?
00:53, Sun 29 Nov
Bluestaines

Yes I agree with this mate. It's very frustrating to watch but he's very sure of the plan and the players are as well. He's done it before so I think we need to give him the time. We can't keep chopping and changing.
When I arrive I am causing a Heatwave
07:22, Sun 29 Nov
StechyBlue

This.

Karanka has merely imposed his ultra defensive approach on to the players he inherited. He’s also brought in his own yes men to reinforce that.
A good manager would show more flexibility and adapt to the players at his disposal, to get the best out of them.

Karanka displayed his inflexibility/stubbornness in his one season in the PL. A disastrous 13% win ratio, with only 27 goals scored, cos he couldn’t or wouldn’t adapt to the needs of the PL.

I’m disappointed that Karanka is still not showing any signs of developing an effective, balanced playing style. No wonder Juke & Hogan look perplexed.

Karanka needs to show some progression pdq. With fans in the Stadium, he wouldn’t get away with this.

Aitor indicated that it is difficult to go from having one of the best squads in the championship to the worst squad in the prem. have Middlesbrough improved much since he left?
07:35, Sun 29 Nov
Under Karanka Colin has regressed and rarely gets forward, Pederson has been turned from the divisions best left back to a shadow of his former self, Sunjic has nose dived, Juke is being mistreated and Crowley, who had the potential spark to change games, has been completely bombed out. If ever there was an example if a team thats less than the sum of its parts it's us.
07:53, Sun 29 Nov
I think we all need to meet somewhere in the middle. It's clear he has improved us defensively - we were an aberration at the end of last season. However, that has to be built on at some point and the idea of a free pass for this season is IMO unacceptable. Yes he needs time but he also has to show solid improvement.

I worry about this idea of him just needing better players as I don't believe within the next two windows at least we will see significantly better players arrive. He has to improve the players at his disposal and get them winning. He has been backed too - some of these will be on big wages. San Jose for instance.