17:42, Sat 28 Nov
Should have got Paul Cook he was ready to come but Dong had probably never heard of him could still get him in cant watch this S---
17:43, Sat 28 Nov
Wingman Blue
Doug Stamper

I was pretty ambivalent about Karanka when appointed, and I still am. The football we play under him is stultifying, but we aren't going to go down this season.

Can you guarantee that?

I haven't got a crystal ball, but I am pretty certain we will tread water this season. Nothing more, nothing less.
17:45, Sat 28 Nov
I hope you’re right but I’m worried. A point a game before injuries kick in?
17:46, Sat 28 Nov
El Mayor
Mario kempes 78
Paul cook or warnock was the alternative but dong knows best all the time...

I guarantee if Paul Cook had taken the job, you'd have been on here moaning we should have had Karanka.

As for Warnock - just no.
not at all I never wanted karanka in the first place and yet again I'm being proved right...whats your beef with warnock then for this division?
17:47, Sat 28 Nov
Mario kempes 78
El Mayor
Mario kempes 78

I guarantee if Paul Cook had taken the job, you'd have been on here moaning we should have had Karanka.

not at all I never wanted karanka in the first place and yet again I'm being proved right...whats your beef with warnock then for this division?

Same beef I have with Redknapp.
El Mayor
Mario kempes 78

Why not Neil Warnock?
You wanted Monk out after a few games in his full season with us. How wrong you were then 😉
17:48, Sat 28 Nov
bluebone
Should have got Paul Cook he was ready to come but Dong had probably never heard of him could still get him in cant watch this S---

Look if Dong had come out and said I hold my hands up for my choices, we have gone down the experienced route, the foreign name, the legendary name, but it didn’t work and then said look finances in football are at a tough place right now, we have to become a club that can balance the books and also have a philosophy, from academy to the first team and this will take time to implement and we’re going with a young manager like
(A guy I like Ryan Lowe) I would totally accept that I truly would. For better or worse this is how we are going to operate now, play positive attacking football, but there will be some hiccups and ups and downs, I’d totally of bought into that!
Instead it’s another manager with another philosophy which splits the squads capabilities and is providing no short term nor does it look like a longterm success neither
18:05, Sat 28 Nov
Robert Hopkins
How many people would swap Karanka for Colin now ?
Not me
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
18:10, Sat 28 Nov
Which was?
18:12, Sat 28 Nov
TaylorJay84
LH_4
TaylorJay84
It’s fair to say Blues have tried all approaches where it comes to managerial appointments

No we haven't.

Mentioned it in a thread the other day that we've not tried a manager who's currently doing well in the current league we're in.

Paul Cook seemed to tick most boxes and fulfills the above, but was overlooked for whatever reason.

I think we tried that in Monk? He was fairly decent in the championship, atleast under him I felt some hope going into games, we were brave and if we lost we had ago, he also found a balance of having ago whilst not being opened up like a tin of beans.. did he have better squad than we have now? Che and Jota I know but we have attacking players now who are criminally under-utilised due to this managers set up and beliefs.

Monk had been sacked from his club and was tied up in a legal dispute. Not sure that's the same boat as Cook who probably had the highest stock of any manager in the league outside of the promotion/playoff managers.

He played decent football on a shoestring and gave an extremely good account of himself during a proper shit storm at Wigan.

Was also available on a free.
18:13, Sat 28 Nov
LH_4
TaylorJay84
LH_4
TaylorJay84
It’s fair to say Blues have tried all approaches where it comes to managerial appointments

No we haven't.

Mentioned it in a thread the other day that we've not tried a manager who's currently doing well in the current league we're in.

Paul Cook seemed to tick most boxes and fulfills the above, but was overlooked for whatever reason.

I think we tried that in Monk? He was fairly decent in the championship, atleast under him I felt some hope going into games, we were brave and if we lost we had ago, he also found a balance of having ago whilst not being opened up like a tin of beans.. did he have better squad than we have now? Che and Jota I know but we have attacking players now who are criminally under-utilised due to this managers set up and beliefs.

Monk had been sacked from his club and was tied up in a legal dispute. Not sure that's the same boat as Cook who probably had the highest stock of any manager in the league outside of the promotion/playoff managers.

He played decent football on a shoestring and gave an extremely good account of himself during a proper shit storm at Wigan.

Was also available on a free.

I liked the Cook link and would of been happy with his appointment.
18:14, Sat 28 Nov
Mario kempes 78
Which was?

I wouldn't trust them with the effing date.
18:14, Sat 28 Nov
He’s still available too and plenty of clubs also had vacancies.

I think people massively overrate him personally.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
18:27, Sat 28 Nov
El Mayor
Mario kempes 78
Which was?

I wouldn't trust them with the effing date.
right! but what's that gotta do with warnock fantastic track record in this division then?