21:37, Sat 9 Jan
Moulden_Old_Dough
Swindon Town when hoddle along with mickey hazard torn us a new one within 30 minutes.....absolutely destroyed us that day.... It was a privilege to be there tbh although I walked home in a complete daze afterwards..

I feel sorry for the kids of today that missed seeing someone like him live...

Absolutely this. Still the game that seems to haunt me the most......still can’t fathom out what the feck happened that day. ‘Daze’ is the right word.

More than Fulham 75?
21:38, Sat 9 Jan
Blues 5-1 Chelsea....It was Tuesday night game, My son was 7 and wanted to go, but it was a school night so I told him if Blues scored 5 I'd take him to the next Saturday home game...never expecting us to score 5....Also stands out for Dennis & Van den Hauwe arguing about a poor bit of defending...we were 5 up at the time

Blues 4 - 6 Swindon We were coasting, Ken Lowe had just scored a screamer in front of the Kop....then Glen Hoddle, player-manager at the time, stopped playing so deep and moved just behind the forward and destroyed us...I remember saying to my son their centre forward looked shattered, as he ran on to a through ball from Hoddle to complete his hattrick

There are plenty more
21:42, Sat 9 Jan
First Prem win against Leeds at home, St Andrews was absolutely bouncing (wonder if thats when the problems started with the bolts...)

Shrewsbury Town away at the Gay Meadow, away terrace and seating rammed with a couple of thousand outside the turnstyles still and they ended up moving the home supporters down the stand on the side of the pitch (where they kept losing the balls in the river) and let the Blues fans go in that stand as well.

Macclesfield away. Blues must have had 3 stands and I seem to remember people sitting around the side of the pitch.

Stoke 7v0 away and the home fans rioting. Seats going up towards the directors boxes LOL!

Exeter away, Blues fans snowballing the penalty taker and making him miss.

Stoke away at the Victoria ground the last time we played them there. Think there was around 7000 in the away end that day and Gleghorn scored to give us a 1v0 win.

Many many more to add to that as well!
21:50, Sat 9 Jan
Manxie
Moulden_Old_Dough
Swindon Town when hoddle along with mickey hazard torn us a new one within 30 minutes.....absolutely destroyed us that day.... It was a privilege to be there tbh although I walked home in a complete daze afterwards..

Absolutely this. Still the game that seems to haunt me the most......still can’t fathom out what the feck happened that day. ‘Daze’ is the right word.

More than Fulham 75?
Stop mentioning effing Fulham it still hurts
21:52, Sat 9 Jan
August 25 1956

I took a school friend to St Andrew's to watch Blues play Arsenal. Arsenal scored 2 goals in first half and I thought that it was just my luck to bring her to witness us lose. But Blues scored 4 in the second half and we won 4-2. They scored the first 3 in about 7 minutes so it was a very dramatice come back. My 2 favourite players were playing: Gil Merrick and Jeff Hall.
21:57, Sat 9 Jan
Moulden_Old_Dough

More than Fulham 75?

Too young to remember that pain directly I’m afraid, although got it ‘by proxy’ from the old man (he stopped going regularly afterwards).
22:05, Sat 9 Jan
Oldham, circa 1987. I think they turned us over 3-1, Roger Hansbury saved a penalty but he was a poor goalie.

Charlton 1993 of course, Mouldens offside goal. Allegedly.

Forest, 1997ish. We matched them everywhere, until Van Hooidonk came on. He took us apart, a tremendous player for the 2nd tier. What a free kick. I think this was also the time he “went on strike” and his teammates fell out with him.

Port Vale away, 1995 ish. I apparently got on telly.
22:23, Sat 9 Jan
I was at that Swindon game, but Blues v Portsmouth 1972, stands out for me.

IIRC, They took the lead and we got them back to 2-2, only for Pompey to go 3-2 up midway in the second half. I’d had enough, walked home only to find we’d won 6-3.
Cowinbovril

I'm confident that in a year or so we'll look back at lockdown as a big mistake. It's not a tried and tested policy. It was an experiment TIlton Rifle 8/8/20
22:47, Sat 9 Jan
Moulden’s goal was not offside.
22:53, Sat 9 Jan
Leyton Orient away 1971 /72. The Latch scored in a 0-1 win and 15000 Blues fans went mad. Wagged off school, Got a right going over from the old man when I finally got home.
Blues fans surrounding the pitch to stop Millwall fans trying to invade the pitch to get the game abandoned and a bomb scare.
Robert Hopkins
Forget the the cup win, and promotions what are the games that you will never forget and why ? For me -

5-1 at tranmere with the kids in the next section of terrace chanting easy easy - One of my first away games and memorable for all the wrong reasons, has scared me forever.

Met Clarkson last year and we spoke about the game, he vividly remembered it as a Nightmare.

I went to that , Friday night game if I remember. Before we got thumped Denis Bailey was one on one with their keeper then...he slipped ...the moment was gone, and we got hammered.
Remember going to Palace 82/83 season in fa Cup, we lost 1-0 , one of the most drab games ever, the journey back on the coach felt like days, there was no M25 in those days. Yeah and kids in the Palace section taunting us all game.
Shrewsbury away when we got hammered 4-1 with Wayne Clarke scoring a hatrick was another occasion I can't seem to be able to erase from my memory.
23:05, Sat 9 Jan
Nose of Blue
Exeter away, Blues fans snowballing the penalty taker and making him miss.

That was a fun day.

Then the following season at Exeter when Eamonn Dolan was almost arrested for warming down, if memory serves me right?
23:08, Sat 9 Jan
Watford away 94 ish. Lost 5-2. 1st away game for my young nephew. On the way out of the ground tugged my hand and asked “ why do we support the Blues” I could only reply we all ask that question you have arrived there sooner than most. He was about 5 years old, now in his 30s we are still suffering!!
23:20, Sat 9 Jan
Mario kempes 78

I bloody missed it!!

Was on my way to the match and got to the corner of our street and started throwing up and obviously felt really rough, thought blow this I’m going home.

Someways still regret not going, but at the time felt I did the right thing.
23:28, Sat 9 Jan
I remember being at that one too. Paul Cooper’s debut in goal.