106 Grounds so far
wow, i didn't know we were anybodys 'record attendance'

Is Carlisle the only one ?
We were Orients aswell for a long time. Not sure if we still are.
We had the highest midweek English attendance for a while. 80,000 for the semi final replay in 1946. Think Spurs may have that now because of their Wembley sojourn.
DES
23:05, Wed 13 Jan
I recall @ game at Burnley Good Friday 1974, one of lowest Blues followings EVER, and so bloody Cold brrrr, obviously we lost, got set on by Burnley after the game and had a puncture on way back with no spare wheel, pulled into Knutsford services and went round the car park till I found another Mini and asked the lady owner if she would sell me her spare wheel, she said it's flat and bald, I said can I see if it will blow up as there was an air machine on the nearby forecourt.
Luckily it did, she said Oh you can have it for nothing then!
I drove off pleased as punch, till we got to about Walsall when it had totally deflated again, dropped the car into the services and walked into the nearby town, Bloxwich perhaps, bus into Walsall, another into Brum, then third bus home.
Got home about 9 o clock at night, freezing cold, totally pissed off and starving!
Next day we played Stoke at home, got a draw, went out to M6 services put a new tyre on and here we are 46 yrs later and can still recall every detail.

I think Paul Fletcher was their centre forward, he looked England class but hardly heard of him again!

KRO
08:34, Thu 14 Jan
kevb8ll
Charles Road
Nose of Blue
Exeter away, Blues fans snowballing the penalty taker and making him miss.

That was a fun day.

Then the following season at Exeter when Eamonn Dolan was almost arrested for warming down, if memory serves me right?

I was at the snowball game, it was around my birthday. Didn't Gayle score both? The penalty and the snowballs were funny. There was a HT snowball fight between those of us behind the goal and the Blues fans in the seats.

I remember one of the Exeter photographers getting pelted too. He called a cop to get us to stop, and the cop looked at him as if to say - I'm not going there mate.

Yes, I think Gayle scored both. Played up top with good ol' Trevor Aylott.

The half-time snowball fight between the Blues' fans behind the goal and those in the stand, I remember starting very leisurely - a few gentle balls lobbed in each direction, but soon descended into a full-blown blizzard!
10:15, Thu 14 Jan
DES
DES
I recall @ game at Burnley Good Friday 1974, one of lowest Blues followings EVER, and so bloody Cold brrrr, obviously we lost, got set on by Burnley after the game and had a puncture on way back with no spare wheel, pulled into Knutsford services and went round the car park till I found another Mini and asked the lady owner if she would sell me her spare wheel, she said it's flat and bald, I said can I see if it will blow up as there was an air machine on the nearby forecourt.
I drove off pleased as punch, till we got to about Walsall when it had totally deflated again, dropped the car into the services and walked into the nearby town, Bloxwich perhaps, bus into Walsall, another into Brum, then third bus home.
Got home about 9 o clock at night, freezing cold, totally pissed off and starving!
Next day we played Stoke at home, got a draw, went out to M6 services put a new tyre on and here we are 46 yrs later and can still recall every detail.

I think Paul Fletcher was their centre forward, he looked England class but hardly heard of him again!

KRO
Surprised at you DES, didn't have you down as a weed smoker!
DES
15:06, Thu 14 Jan
Albert - Lord Birmingham
DES

KRO

That Burnley team was highly regarded, almost all home grown and were feted as THE TEAM OF THE SEVENTIES, however, it never really came to fruition, in fact after 74 when they Lost Fa cup semi and finished sixth in Div 1,they fell apart, players I recall are Alan Stevenson (keeper) Colin Waldron, Martin Dobson, Frank Casper, Leighton James (the Gareth Bale of his day) as well as Paul Fletcher.

KRO
20:48, Thu 14 Jan
DES
DES
Albert - Lord Birmingham
DES

KRO

That Burnley team was highly regarded, almost all home grown and were feted as THE TEAM OF THE SEVENTIES, however, it never really came to fruition, in fact after 74 when they Lost Fa cup semi and finished sixth in Div 1,they fell apart, players I recall are Alan Stevenson (keeper) Colin Waldron, Martin Dobson, Frank Casper, Leighton James (the Gareth Bale of his day) as well as Paul Fletcher.

KRO

Keith Newton was there too Des. Ralph Coates was also at Burnley before moving to Spurs in the early seventies.
21:12, Thu 14 Jan
Bcfc1967
DES
Albert - Lord Birmingham
DES

KRO

KRO

Keith Newton was there too Des. Ralph Coates was also at Burnley before moving to Spurs in the early seventies.

Looking back at our fixtures, I see we played them at home only four days later (with Stoke sandwiched in between)
21:51, Thu 14 Jan
I was at that Burnley home game. Kenny Burns got injured in the Good Friday? game so we played Joe Gallagher as an “emergency centre forward “. Got a 2-2 draw. 36,000 attendance....Mad times.
22:10, Thu 14 Jan
Chess
DES
22:25, Thu 14 Jan
Manxie yes we lost on good Friday @ Burnley( Freezed my nads off) drew at home with stoke following day, alan Hudson super show! Then did we beat Burnley on the Tuesday?
Maybe Bob Hatton getting the winner!
This was the season it went down to the wire and we beat Norwich last day!
Penguin era! Great memories

Kro
22:40, Thu 14 Jan
DES
DES
Manxie yes we lost on good Friday @ Burnley( Freezed my nads off) drew at home with stoke following day, alan Hudson super show! Then did we beat Burnley on the Tuesday?

Kro

2-2 Hatton got both
22:43, Thu 14 Jan
DES
DES

Kro
Nope . It was a Desmond mate. Hatton scored 2 . Came from behind twice . Heroic stuff. Could do with some of that now...
DES
22:57, Thu 14 Jan
Bob Hatton was in my mind, what a pro he was, Willie bell sold him to Blackpool and guess what?
He top scored in that division that year, scored three hat tricks!

Kro
23:04, Thu 14 Jan
Here’s one, but can’t recall that much about the game, apart from we won it 1-0.
Blues V Newcastle 1973-4. We had played them in the Texaco Cup up at St James’ Park a few days early and Blues full back, Tony Want, had had his leg broken by Newcastle player Smith- really nasty tackle. Smith got sent off but was in the team for the game back at ours.

There was a Feckin evil atmosphere at St Andrew’s for that game - forget Blues v Vile; this was in a different league Revenge was firmly on the agenda both among the crowd and some of the players. Within minutes of the game starting, one of theirs was carried off with a bad injury ( can’t recall if it was a break, but it was a very bad foul by the Blues player who did it.) The crowd, baying for more blood , started chanting ‘Smith is the next one’. IIRC, Smirh did his best to avoid the ball for the rest of the match. Anyone got any further memories of that match to fill in the gaps for me?
Cowinbovril

I'm confident that in a year or so we'll look back at lockdown as a big mistake. It's not a tried and tested policy. It was an experiment TIlton Rifle 8/8/20