09:11, Mon 11 Jan
[ibb.co]

Went into the office this morning, turned on the light, and the bulb fell right out of the socket. Not the fixture / filament. Just the glass. Has separated itself entirely.

How on earth has this happened? I am baffled.

(Thread on watching paint dry to be posted shortly as a follow up to this, don't worry.)
09:12, Mon 11 Jan
Linked Image

<a href="[ibb.co] src="[i.ibb.co]; alt="IMG-20210111-090745926" border="0"></a>

Went into the office this morning, turned on the light, and the bulb fell right out of the socket. Not the fixture / filament. Just the glass. Has separated itself entirely.

(Thread on watching paint dry to be posted shortly as a follow up to this, don't worry.)

edit: ok pic came through now.... weird that is.
09:19, Mon 11 Jan
Any water leaks above ?
Give Leko a good lick of the lolly !!
09:20, Mon 11 Jan
Covid 19?
09:28, Mon 11 Jan
Like a lightbulb

Lightbulb

Like a lightbulb
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
09:40, Mon 11 Jan
Just happens

Seen it loads of times, usually cheap Chinese lamps bought from the super markets. If it’s left the cap in the light, turn it off and you’ll need pliers to get it out
09:50, Mon 11 Jan
generalBlue
Any water leaks above ?

Since you mention it, the roof above it is due to be replaced because it is totally knackered, but I can't see any water damage etc on the ceiling / don't think that's an issue. This has spurred me on to get into the loft to check, though!
10:29, Mon 11 Jan
RomfordBlue

Karankas tinkering?
19:20, Mon 11 Jan
RomfordBlue
generalBlue
Any water leaks above ?

Since you mention it, the roof above it is due to be replaced because it is totally knackered, but I can't see any water damage etc on the ceiling / don't think that's an issue. This has spurred me on to get into the loft to check, though!

Any good ?
19:24, Mon 11 Jan
I've had that.

I think the glue perishes in the fitting.
19:25, Mon 11 Jan
Nikola Zigic
Like a lightbulb

Lightbulb

Like a lightbulb
Beat me to it 😁
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
08:47, Tue 12 Jan
generalBlue
RomfordBlue
generalBlue
Any water leaks above ?

Any good ?

No water damage / leaking that I could see anywhere!
09:03, Tue 12 Jan
Are the bolts rusting?

There's a lot of it about.
09:20, Tue 12 Jan
Good news !!
Hope its now all sorted Guv.
17:05, Tue 12 Jan
I'm probably talking out of my arse, but does the reaction of powering a bulb on not cause some kind of reaction that produces a small amount of gas or something?

If that's the case, could the glass have come loose and then the minor reaction nudged it out?