09:03, Tue 12 Jan
DES
We need better players to be a better team.
09:06, Tue 12 Jan
SOBLUE
Tiltonblue
Barnsley have said they want 1.2 mill for him as he is out of contract at the end of the season. What a steal at that price he is, just the player we need in the middle

Sorry, I completely disagree.
Leeds
Barnsley
Oxford
Clear regression.
He’s a 27 year old who lost his way, after being an England age group international. We already have one of those, and (sadly) we didn’t benefit from him.

Far better to look at younger L1 or L2 players. Or the odd exception in the National League.

Clear regression based on misreading his career on Wikipedia? He played for Leeds and then, other than a loan 4 years ago to Oxford, has been the centre point of Barnsley’s midfield since as they have PROGRESSED.
09:08, Tue 12 Jan
You never know with Blues.

In terms of league position, aspirations and style of play etc, I can't imagine that players are desperate to come and play for us.

But it's still a huge city with a lot of attraction and whether we've got money or not, I still wouldn't be surprised to see Dong offering decent wages for the players that he/Karanka wants.
09:10, Tue 12 Jan
He's also 25 and not 27.
09:13, Tue 12 Jan
Leeds in brum
I'm not really sure how brum set up for games these days tbh.

Neither are we to be honest.
09:14, Tue 12 Jan
Can we have their manager as well please. Been very impressed with what he has done with an average bunch of players, just what we need.
DES
09:19, Tue 12 Jan
My Blue Heaven

Nooo!

Shows what I know,
lets just keep buying and buying then, you know the way we have since Zola rocked up, that's worked out well!

KRO
09:38, Tue 12 Jan
I'm not sure there will be that sort of money available at Blues during this transfer window, in fact it will be interesting to watch the whole transfer business this January during the lockdown. I'm no financial expert but I'd expect more than a few clubs have money worries.

Probably see a load of loan moves, 1 out 1 in, that sort of thing.
10:29, Tue 12 Jan
I remain convinced that Blues already have the players at the Club to do well in this league (barring a striker),motivation,tactics and not playing our best 11 are the problem in my humble opinion.
10:42, Tue 12 Jan
Do people think BCFC are a big pull for players?

We pay big wages to players who have failed elsewhere. I expect that is quite a big pull.
Our average wage is about £18k. That is well above the Championship average.
11:17, Tue 12 Jan
So we try not to improve and potentially go down.

Davis and kieft are gone in a matter of months

As is Crowley and Sicknote

Mceachran has just been an utter waste of a squad place.
11:26, Tue 12 Jan
DES
DES
My Blue Heaven

Nooo!

Shows what I know,
lets just keep buying and buying then, you know the way we have since Zola rocked up, that's worked out well!

KRO

At what point do you start to realise a lot of our players are crap, DES?

We've had pretty much the same back four since Redknapp came in, with the only change being Pedersen and Morrison being a regular for a spell.

Colin- Dean- Roberts- Pedersen

Now obviously they don't start every game but you'd say those four have been very regular first team players for us since signing.

Over those 3 seasons we conceded 201 goals. 1.5 goals per game. That's appalling.

We've finished, in the bottom 5 in all of the last four seasons.

Yeah the managers haven't helped but even with a good manager- Monk- this lot did concede quite a few goals.

They all need moving on.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
11:40, Tue 12 Jan
Nikola Zigic
DES
My Blue Heaven

Nooo!

Shows what I know,

KRO

We've had pretty much the same back four since Redknapp came in, with the only change being Pedersen and Morrison being a regular for a spell.

Now obviously they don't start every game but you'd say those four have been very regular first team players for us since signing.

Over those 3 seasons we conceded 201 goals. 1.5 goals per game. That's appalling.

We've finished, in the bottom 5 in all of the last four seasons.

Yeah the managers haven't helped but even with a good manager- Monk- this lot did concede quite a few goals.

They all need moving on.

I couldn’t agree more and have expressed myself

The problem is the ‘trolley dash’ backline are all probably on high championship wages so we can’t shift, Their not very good passers so are totally unsuited to playing out from the back. We’ll never be anything other than a mid championship team at best with them
11:49, Tue 12 Jan
Nikola Zigic

And yet we've splurged the thick end of £10m on that four. We've wasted an absolute bucketload of cash since Rowett was sacked on some awful plodders haven't we.
GBR 2020: Sepia tinted visions of a past that never really was, informing an idea of the future that was never really possible.
DES
12:07, Tue 12 Jan
Rasputin
Nikola Zigic

And yet we've splurged the thick end of £10m on that four. We've wasted an absolute bucketload of cash since Rowett was sacked on some awful plodders haven't we.

Our purchasing by and large has been appalling! But its up to Karanka to get a tune out of the players we have here, not bring more in at the moment.

KRO