15:15, Tue 12 Jan
Took MIL (86) to Millennium Point for a jab this morning. Expected quite a wait (took a flask of coffee etc). Took less than 40 mins to complete the lot. Have to say, online booking and organisation at the mass centre v good, despite only day 2. I think it might just work...Anyone else done it?
15:18, Tue 12 Jan
Peakyblue
Took MIL (86) to Millennium Point for a jab this morning. Expected quite a wait (took a flask of coffee etc). Took less than 40 mins to complete the lot. Have to say, online booking and organisation at the mass centre v good, despite only day 2. I think it might just work...Anyone else done it?

Great news.
15:22, Tue 12 Jan
Good news Peaky. Thanks for the heads up
What’s the parking situation there?
15:23, Tue 12 Jan
3 people I know who have been done at 3 separate surgeries and all had similar good experiences. In to out was circa 40 minutes (and that included the 15-20 minutes of post-jab monitoring because they had the Pfizer one).

The Oxford/Astra Zeneca one will enable far faster turnaround times, as its jab and go and can also be distributed more widely around the UK for use (for example to care homes and people unable to get to a surgery or hub).
15:26, Tue 12 Jan
There is a large multi-story. You get a ticket on entrance as normal, validated by a jabber's assistant, free exit. We parked the ground floor, plenty of space. Best to head in from East of town, approaching from south/West means negotiating hs2 Curzon St. works, at least via my satnav.
15:35, Tue 12 Jan
My parents 96 & 90 had there second jab last week at West Heath. Didn’t think they were going to do the second jab, but they did. They still live in their own house with no outside help apart from my sister and grandkids. Good on them . I live in in Devon but managed to catch up with them in September.
15:41, Tue 12 Jan
You should get yours soon 😂😂
If I had the wings of a sparrow
15:41, Tue 12 Jan
By all accounts the government seem to be doing a good job of rolling the vaccines out. I for one am pleasantly surprised so far.
15:51, Tue 12 Jan
My 98 year old Grandad is still waiting to hear. I told my Aunt to take him to Millennium Point today but he didn't want to and would rather have it at his local GPs (the same GPs that forgot about giving him a flu jab!)
15:52, Tue 12 Jan
There's a link on the gov uk website to check, just use his national insurance number (I think)
15:53, Tue 12 Jan
Best thing they did was to getting the military involved. They continue to be great at planning and logistics. So its really the Army and NHS making the vaccine plans tick.
15:53, Tue 12 Jan
Cheers, will take a look
15:54, Tue 12 Jan
Im taking my Grandad there Friday morning 8.20am, where is best to park nearby in your opinion?
15:55, Tue 12 Jan
Mother is 82 and hasn’t heard a thing as yet
15:55, Tue 12 Jan
You're partly right.

The NHS number is required rather than the NI number. That said the link is only for use by people that have received a letter inviting them for a jab.

[www.nhs.uk]