14:52, Sat 16 Jan
He's pretty bloody good in this league as a centre half, isn't he?
14:53, Sat 16 Jan
Agree.

Crap midfielder though
14:54, Sat 16 Jan
Better than in midfield. But I was a bit surprised that he tended to launch it long from the back quite often when he has the ability to bring the ball out.
14:55, Sat 16 Jan
Azza
Agree.

Crap midfielder though

Too slow to play in midfield in this division where he gets pressed instantly.

Centre half awards him more time, and he looks like a player we've brought in from Bilbao.
14:55, Sat 16 Jan
Suits him perfect. Composure personified.
14:56, Sat 16 Jan
Bluestaines
Better than in midfield. But I was a bit surprised that he tended to launch it long from the back quite often when he has the ability to bring the ball out.

Might be told to do that as Dean next to him likes to run out with the ball. Don't think Karanka would want both his CB's doing that and taking too many risks.
14:57, Sat 16 Jan
Yes, at the back, his good judgement and the space for him to make a pass mean hes much better than in midfield.
14:58, Sat 16 Jan
He still worries me when we’re camped in our own half as any well placed ball in behind will leave him no chance, but he was very good today 👍 long may it continue.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
14:59, Sat 16 Jan
Super Hans
He still worries me when we’re camped in our own half as any well placed ball in behind will leave him no chance, but he was very good today 👍 long may it continue.

That did happen a couple of times with their substitute finding lots of space behind him. Dean or Friend had it covered each time, thankfully.
15:08, Sat 16 Jan
Been critical of him in the past so happy to admit that he was brilliant today.

Still concerned about his exposure to quick forwards ie Armstrong/Blackburn but thought he was very good today.

If that's the partnership that Karanka wants to settle on then I think it's important that we start gelling the team and building on this. Getting them used to each other and the patterns of play.
15:11, Sat 16 Jan
LH_4
Been critical of him in the past so happy to admit that he was brilliant today.

Still concerned about his exposure to quick forwards ie Armstrong/Blackburn but thought he was very good today.

If that's the partnership that Karanka wants to settle on then I think it's important that we start gelling the team and building on this. Getting them used to each other and the patterns of play.

Yup.

If he makes 6 changes Tuesday i’ll be annoyed.

Halilovic for Toral, MAYBE Peds for Friend if he needs to rotate.

Gards for Kief or Sunjic at a push.

No more.
15:15, Sat 16 Jan
David Xavis
LH_4
Been critical of him in the

Yup.

If he makes 6 changes Tuesday i’ll be annoyed.

Halilovic for Toral, MAYBE Peds for Friend if he needs to rotate.

Gards for Kief or Sunjic at a push.

No more.

Yep
Toral was off the pace today but will probably start due to haliovic fitness concerns
If we could get haliovic fit we'd look a decent side maybe
15:45, Sat 16 Jan
Played well. Looks comfortable on the ball when the games in front of him.
15:45, Sat 16 Jan
If Hogans playing then Toral is a must if fit - Hogan seems to look twice the player with Toral on. Want to see big Hal firing on all cylinders too as he has looked a player in his brief cameos so far. MSJ MOTM for me - read the game brilliantly and some nice passing out from the back.
15:47, Sat 16 Jan
Bluesince62
If Hogans playing then Toral is a must if fit - Hogan seems to look twice the player with Toral on. Want to see big Hal firing on all cylinders too as he has looked a player in his brief cameos so far.

This is a good point, Toral sticks very close to Hogan and it makes Hogan seem much more comfortable, both on the ball and looking for lay offs.

If we're having Halilovic start I wouldn't be surprised seeing Jutkiewicz start over Hogan. Which I don't want for the next game, because Hogan's confidence is clearly fragile and dropping him after scoring a winner is suicidal from a managerial perspective.