07:29, Sun 17 Jan
They are brilliant, but don’t get one to big for your room, as they get bloody roasting, seasoned hardwood, 1 tonne £100 can’t go wrong
08:36, Sun 17 Jan

Great point. Out of interest, do you drive, fly, eat beef, consume dairy, use plastics, use paper coffee cups, buy boxes of tea bags, use disposable cutlery, use single use razors, use disposable cleaning cloths or buy pre packaged food?
12:04, Sun 17 Jan
If you live in South Brum, South Side Tree Surgery in Kings Heath do big bags of seasoned logs for a fiver. Nice blokes and will deliver if you buy ten
Sonic Youth fan. MBV. If you like feedback that much get a job at the council.
14:22, Sun 17 Jan
Just make sure the logs you buy are fully seasoned.
14:57, Sun 17 Jan
Naga chicken
They are brilliant, but don’t get one to big for your room, as they get bloody roasting, seasoned hardwood, 1 tonne £100 can’t go wrong

This is very true, we thought a log burner would add a nice effect and provide secondary heating, didn't realise how much heat they kick out.
16:03, Sun 17 Jan
I burn anything possible, bits of ash cut from the hedging, the old post and rail fencing we have just had replaced. I planted 400 willow 12 years ago to use for kindling and planted 50 ash at the same time for proper heat in the long run
16:18, Sun 17 Jan
bluetopia

This craze will all end in tears
Like an English rain. So light yet endless from a leaden sky. Neil Peart RIP.

And when the music stops
There's only the sound of the rain.
17:32, Sun 17 Jan
No future.....
17:54, Sun 17 Jan
Fat Buddha

Great point. Out of interest, do you drive, fly, eat beef, consume dairy, use plastics, use paper coffee cups, buy boxes of tea bags, use disposable cutlery, use single use razors, use disposable cleaning cloths or buy pre packaged food?

Great point. Thanks for pointing out all the things we should try to avoid where at all possible 👍
18:07, Sun 17 Jan
Eventually they will be banned.
I would love an open fire but unfortunately I would have to move house to have one😕
Like an English rain. So light yet endless from a leaden sky. Neil Peart RIP.

And when the music stops
There's only the sound of the rain.
18:20, Sun 17 Jan
Log burners are great. Had one in our old house, but didn't bother to install one in the new house for the reasons linked in the articles above. Plus it's a fair bit of work to source good logs, chop them and keep them hanging around so they're seasoned. Plus these days it's expensive to get a good burner and have them installed. Too many downsides really.