19:41, Sun 17 Jan
Evening all,

Just want to put a question out there as me and my mrs are constantly at war regarding the topic. Throughout the winter, what temperature does everyone have their thermostat set too throughout the day/night?

My mrs is one of them that’s constantly freezing, whilst I get hot, stuffy and irritable quick easily/quickly. I’m usually happy with it set to 17c in the day and night whereas, if she got her own way she’d have it 25-30 24/7.

Not sure if it’s lockdown but it’s causing quite a few arguments and we can’t seem to compromise.

KRO
19:44, Sun 17 Jan
17 put additional heating in one room for her
19:52, Sun 17 Jan
Get a new Missus from Alaska
19:54, Sun 17 Jan
My house gets extremely cold (old build, old windows, draughts everywhere) so I am always cranking my heating right up (26/28 or higher) - and watching £ signs going past my eyes 😢 I know it would be cost effective to spend money on new windows, insulation etc but I can't afford it 😦

I can't have the heating on at night though, no matter how cold it is. I even have to have a window open, and my feet out from under the duvet.
19:54, Sun 17 Jan
Get her a thick jumper.
20:09, Sun 17 Jan
19.5C when I’m in.

5C frost protection when I’m out or in bed.
20:11, Sun 17 Jan
They reckon the optimum temp is 22c.....and that is slightly past the mid point of both your settings 👍 also if you have thermostatic valves on your radiators there are recommended settings for the different rooms in your home 👍
20:14, Sun 17 Jan
22c is way too hot for me, I work outside. 17 is fine and that's with shirts and a t shirt or no top on.
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
20:14, Sun 17 Jan
Just under 20.

New house though so only have it on for an hour twice a day at the mo.
20:16, Sun 17 Jan
The temps on the thermostat are largely arbitrary and how hot the room actually gets for any thermostat depends on a number of factors.

Having the heating on at night is not a real thing right? I sleep with the window open year round, I hate being warm when in bed.
20:23, Sun 17 Jan
Isn't being warm in bed a highlight of the winter? I hate getting out of bed in winter and the window is shut
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
20:27, Sun 17 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
22c is way too hot for me, I work outside. 17 is fine and that's with shirts and a t shirt or no top on.

Disappointed you didn’t say string vest
20:30, Sun 17 Jan
Lol.
20:35, Sun 17 Jan
Her opens all the windows and doors then cranks the heating up because she's cold 🥶.

Nutjob like the rest of them.
21:12, Sun 17 Jan
Try 21.c & a 12kw log burner at the same time 😂

It’s like the flamin congo in our house.