21:23, Sun 17 Jan
Ray Mac
They reckon the optimum temp is 22c.....and that is slightly past the mid point of both your settings ๐Ÿ‘ also if you have thermostatic valves on your radiators there are recommended settings for the different rooms in your home ๐Ÿ‘

There is no optimum temp. Every one is different. It's the same as hot water temp. Heating engineers show a customer how heating and hot water controls work and leave em to argue about it๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
Like an English rain. So light yet endless from a leaden sky. Neil Peart RIP.

And when the music stops
There's only the sound of the rain.
21:30, Sun 17 Jan
18 is our current average which is too warm for me tbh. I use the hive app which is good. It tells you the local average which is 19.5.

It also allows me to see when sheโ€™s cranked it up a bit without even having to get off my arse.
21:49, Sun 17 Jan
17 during the day if we're all in and off at night. No way I'd be able to sleep with the heating on at night
21:56, Sun 17 Jan
There are a lot of grants for insulation available. We got our loft upgraded for about £120. Would have been less but, weโ€™d recently had the windows replaced
What did the Knights in White satin?
00:37, Mon 18 Jan
07:17, Mon 18 Jan
20d degrees here.

Never on at night.

Mrs BlueNation feels cold, but will put a jumper on ๐Ÿ‘

I bet working from home is cranking up peopleโ€™s heating bills?
07:37, Mon 18 Jan
Yep definitely. The cold sets in when you sit at a computer for hours. I'm about to do 2 full days training via zoom - I've got plenty of layers at the ready ๐Ÿ˜
07:43, Mon 18 Jan
I'd happily have it on at about 15, but the wife and daughter have different ideas. We compromise on having it at 18/19 when they're in the house.

The question of "can't you just put a jumper on love?" doesn't work apparently.

It's the same [or was] when in the office. Blokes sweating away whilst the women whinge about it being cold, and woe betide you if you point out that they could put a fleece on or wear thicker clothes....
Welcome to the Brexit sir, I'm sorry. Now give me your ham sandwich.
07:56, Mon 18 Jan
Sounds more like a scene from The Brady Bunch
08:02, Mon 18 Jan
I can't have it too hot about 65 when its really cold.
Though we do crank it up a bit on a sunday as we both like to spend the day around the house stark bollock naked.
08:10, Mon 18 Jan
Reminds me, thanks, must order some prunes
DES
08:21, Mon 18 Jan
BluenoseMo
My house gets extremely cold (old build, old windows, draughts everywhere) so I am always cranking my heating right up (26/28 or higher) - and watching £ signs going past my eyes ๐Ÿ˜ข I know it would be cost effective to spend money on new windows, insulation etc but I can't afford it ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

I can't have the heating on at night though, no matter how cold it is. I even have to have a window open, and my feet out from under the duvet.[/quote

]Mo, I regularly get phone calls saying there are Grants available to make older house more heat efficient, have you followed any of them up?

KRO
08:26, Mon 18 Jan
The pipes in our loft conversion froze during the Beast from the East a couple of years ago and even though I've put extra insulation round the pipes I'm scared it'll happen again. I've never had the heating on through the night before but think I'll leave it on this winter any time the temperature is predicted to go well below freezing.
08:36, Mon 18 Jan
DES
I looked into them some time back but I wasn't entitled. I might look again in case they've changed the criteria. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ At the moment, it really is a catch 22 - I can't afford the improvements, but they would help financially by cutting my bills down ๐Ÿ™„
09:56, Mon 18 Jan
Ours is on around 23, and it's sometimes unbearable.

An ex of mine used to point blankly refuse to put heating or fire on. Her advice was always "put a jumper on then if you're cold"

But also, having said that, you're lucky that that's the only thing you're arguing about 8-(
My YouTube channel - feel free to subscribe, like, and share. [youtube.com]