21:44, Sun 17 Jan
I think this is new, apologies if not

[www.echo.ie]
21:51, Sun 17 Jan
That explains his sabbatical he had then. Around 2012 wasn't it?

Such a good footballer, would love him in our midfield now.
Dong Ren Out.
21:56, Sun 17 Jan
Good read, cracking player for us, but not surprised about his demons.
21:57, Sun 17 Jan
Great. Thanks for posting that. Shame his lasting memory of us is fans questioning him it seems. Not the cup win.
I wish him the very best. He helped make me and my son every happy.
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
21:57, Sun 17 Jan
Excellent read that, got a lot of time for Keith as a player and admire him as a bloke after reading that interview.

Stuck out to me that his main memory of Blues is that we used to question his ability. That's a real shame as sensible Blues fans always appreciated his quality.
21:59, Sun 17 Jan
His snap shot that hit the post in the final would've been a much better way to win it than Martins' lucky winner.

It'd have made Fahey a legend at Blues, and it would've done his career the world of good.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.

August 9th
22:03, Sun 17 Jan
A timely reminder that well paid footballers are also susceptible to health issues in addition to Covid 19.
22:12, Sun 17 Jan
Excellent read that, got a lot of time for Keith as a player and admire him as a bloke after reading that interview.

Stuck out to me that his main memory of Blues is that we used to question his ability. That's a real shame as sensible Blues fans always appreciated his quality.

You can leave messages under the article on their Facebook page if you wish

[www.facebook.com]
22:20, Sun 17 Jan
Maybe. Sounds he was always in a very confused state of mind, he talks about being doubted but he clearly doubted himself a lot - a lot of what he says in that article is very confused, about football being good/bad for him by turns, a supportive environment when it clearly wasn’t and (as he says himself) he was taking a lot of stuff to get him through things.

He was very talented, though not always very influential, which is what people said at the time.
22:20, Sun 17 Jan
His snap shot that hit the post in the final would've been a much better way to win it than Martins' lucky winner.

It'd have made Fahey a legend at Blues, and it would've done his career the world of good.

And his own personal life it seems.
22:24, Sun 17 Jan
I don't think that there were many doubts about his ability were there? I seem to remember that he was seen as a player that a game could pass by, and perhaps a bit lightweight in midfield.

I also thought that in his last season with us, he became much more aggressive and a more complete player. I wish him well and hope he overcomes his issues.
The Belle of St. Trillions
22:36, Sun 17 Jan
Was our best player in the 2nd half the season when we was promoted, lovely weight of pass on him.
22:38, Sun 17 Jan
Very good footballer Keith fahey

often played out of position wide midfield by mcleish but always neat and tidy in possession

Really came to the party under Houghton, added goals to his game
Shame how it ended, remember lots of rumours about why he'd returned home
22:40, Sun 17 Jan
He delved in to it on a podcast a few months back. Fair play to him for opening up.
22:41, Sun 17 Jan
Brother Tam
I don't think that there were many doubts about his ability were there? I seem to remember that he was seen as a player that a game could pass by, and perhaps a bit lightweight in midfield.

I also thought that in his last season with us, he became much more aggressive and a more complete player. I wish him well and hope he overcomes his issues.

Agree with this.

Sad to read about his demons and really wish him the best of luck for the future.