22:55, Sun 17 Jan
Kristoff
He delved in to it on a podcast a few months back. Fair play to him for opening up.
Got a link please?
Met him at Pompey away in 2012 on a Tuesday night game my lad was mascot. A very humble, lovely man
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
22:57, Sun 17 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Great. Thanks for posting that. Shame his lasting memory of us is fans questioning him it seems. Not the cup win.
I wish him the very best. He helped make me and my son every happy.

As with many of us. I always loved Keet, and was utterly gutted and gobsmacked when he went. This excellent article tells us why I suppose.
My YouTube channel - feel free to subscribe, like, and share. [youtube.com]
23:00, Sun 17 Jan
Cracking player, scored on of my favourite goals I’ve seen live against Forest where people lobbed the keeper from the side edge of the 18 yard box. Sublime goal it was, think it might’ve been his first goal for us.

Edit. Found it.

23:06, Sun 17 Jan
I'm sure he scored a fantastic goal after missing some of Hughtons season. I'm sure I filled up, it was after meeting him

Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
23:10, Sun 17 Jan
Tandy
Cracking player, scored on of my favourite goals I’ve seen live against Forest where people lobbed the keeper from the side edge of the 18 yard box. Sublime goal it was, think it might’ve been his first goal for us.

Edit. Found it.

Blues tweeted this the other day for his birthday. I was convinced at the time he had done it on purpose, argued with my mates that he had. He later said it was a cross!! Why would you do that?!
23:12, Sun 17 Jan
[open.spotify.com]

This is the one I listened to, but if you google Keith Fahey Podcast, he’s been on a few so there might be even better ones.
23:14, Sun 17 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
I'm sure he scored a fantastic goal after missing some of Hughtons season. I'm sure I filled up, it was after meeting him

Eff sake. Videos like this filmed from the crowd make me miss it all so bloody much
23:18, Sun 17 Jan
Kristoff
[open.spotify.com]

This is the one I listened to, but if you google Keith Fahey Podcast, he’s been on a few so there might be even better ones.
Cheers 👍
Him and Burke especially seemed happier to see me and the nipper than we were to see them in that dressing room at Pompey
23:20, Sun 17 Jan
yeehaw
Rab C Nesbitt

Eff sake. Videos like this filmed from the crowd make me miss it all so bloody much
I get that
23:26, Sun 17 Jan
Thanks. A very honest and forthright interview by a good player who was often not given the appreciation that his talent deserved.

He was comfortable on the ball, so he’d try (positive) things, including shooting, that would often not work out. Some of his shots would be wayward, but he had a go, and sometimes he hit the spot. Occasionally, a wonder goal. But many in the Kop would moan, constantly criticising him, & making it too personal.

What many failed to see was that he was often trying his hardest to do difficult things, rather than just do the easy pass - short; sideways or backwards. He was also good off the ball, communicated well & knew when to drop off or go forward.

I met Keith, one to one for15 mins, around 10 years ago. He was unassuming; quiet, introverted & lacking in confidence. Not a good combination if you have mental health issues. I’m pleased he’s now found the confidence to open up, and I really hope he finds true , lasting happiness. I’d like to see the Club invite him back and present him on the pitch..... one day.
23:32, Sun 17 Jan
Very good article that. I wish I coule have sat down with him at Blues and talked it through. There is sometimes so much bullshit in life and football.
23:34, Sun 17 Jan
Nice footballer who's career highlights were playing for Blues and Ireland. I wish him all the best!!
23:36, Sun 17 Jan
It was only at Blues that he made a mark at a high level of the game and got as far as representing his country. Like has been said the criticism was that he didn’t actually contribute as much as his talent suggested he might. The article suggests some reasons for that.
01:57, Mon 18 Jan
generalBlue
A timely reminder that well paid footballers are also susceptible to health issues in addition to Covid 19.

Yep, they can get the same issues as all of us yet that have a group of people telling you how shit they are (luckily,I only have my wife telling me that) - it must have a huge effect on some of them

They are then criticised for not having the right mentality and showing that "weakness" wa frowned upon big time then

I dont know, maybe Ill take a step back about criticising a player just for their general performance and ability, ultimately it doesn't achieve anything and if it is upsetting someone then I dont want to do it
02:02, Mon 18 Jan
Haircut1000
Very good article that. I wish I coule have sat down with him at Blues and talked it through. There is sometimes so much bullshit in life and football.

do they get much help in that regard like a confidential therapist? I know they get a lot more psychology help sports mental wise but any that help with the mental side solely and confidential?