15:24, Mon 15 Feb
Hi all,

I've been a long time observer on here to get all things Blues after each game and me and my old man will discuss what's happened on here a lot. I'm 19 and have been a season ticket holder at this wonderful club since I was 3. Sat in the Tilton all my life and my family hold some stature and reputation at the Blues, but we'll talk about that at a later date, I'm sure.

My first post on here isn't about Blues, but it affects the whole of Birmingham and it may affect people directly on this forum or people that you know, so bare with me.

Me and me pals have set up a food support initiative called 'Food For Thought Birmingham' in which we will go shopping, purchasing £30 worth of essentials; food, drink, toiletries etc. and we will deliver to the door step of families who are struggling due to the current climate. We started this after seeing the frankly, disgusting effort the government made with the food parcels they were providing for those in need. There's me and about 10 of my pals who have set up this initiative and it has really taken off. We have been operating for just over a month now, but we will have fed over 100 families by the end of this week.

The way we do this is, people very generously donate to our PayPal page that we have set up with any donations they possibly can and we will then use this money to go to the shops and start collecting essentials for people. We have been set up as a non-profit organisation on there so there's no funny business; we're just trying to make an active difference where we can. We stay covid secure by sticking in certain bubbles, wearing gloves and masks when shopping and making sure we are sanitising on a regular basis. It's just a matter of people reaching out to us and asking for help, whether it be for them or someone they know and we will do the best we can to provide.

I know this is lengthy for a first ever message so cheers for baring with me, I will paste the link to our Facebook page where you can find even more details about what we do and updates that we post. I will also post our PayPal link for any donations, along with a Birmingham Mail article written about us so you can read more about us.

Nice one everyone, Keep Right On.

Birmingham Mail Article - [www.birminghammail.co.uk]
Facebook - [www.facebook.com]
PayPal - [www.paypal.com]
foodforthoughtbrum@hotmail.com
Great stuff. Genuinely well done to all involved ๐Ÿ‘
I will donate to that
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" โ€œThis is my Club, I love the Club to bits. Iโ€™d die for this Clubโ€
15:27, Mon 15 Feb
Well done kid you'll go far with that attitude and motivation. Fair play to you!
15:29, Mon 15 Feb
It's lovely that you you've put the time and effort into that.

Good luck
What is you charity registration number please?
15:40, Mon 15 Feb
Happy to donate mate. Great cause.

Good luck and fair play for the positive change you've already made.

KRO.
It's a great thought mate but that stuff about the players not getting paid was just a Twitter rumour, they're all hosed and fed, Mayor said so.
We are a non-profit organisation so we aren't a registered charity, that would have taken a long time to sort out and we wanted to help out as soon as possible really. We keep all of the receipts from each shop we do and they are logged into an Excel spreadsheet so all the expenses are covered!
15:53, Mon 15 Feb
Miguelagenn
It's a great thought mate but that stuff about the players not getting paid was just a Twitter rumour, they're all hosed and fed, Mayor said so.

As low an opinion I have of our players at the moment they did voluntarily take a pay cut during the early months of it all last year. They deserve credit for that.
Donaldson Propaganda
We are a non-profit organisation so we aren't a registered charity, that would have taken a long time to sort out and we wanted to help out as soon as possible really. We keep all of the receipts from each shop we do and they are logged into an Excel spreadsheet so all the expenses are covered!

Thanks, The Meaning Evil described it as a "charity" which is why I asked.
15:56, Mon 15 Feb
Looks legit, and they seem like nice young men. They can have some of the money I usually donate to Paddy Power
16:03, Mon 15 Feb
Cheers for the lovely messages lads, really means a lot!
16:25, Mon 15 Feb
Great Stuff ! ๐Ÿ‘
Good on you mate - I will chip in to that. Seen the worst of people since last March - thanks for showing me the best of people are still out there ๐Ÿ‘