16:18, Thu 18 Feb
LondonBlue
I've defended Karanka but he needs to go. Even he knows that.

I wouldn't want a 'quick fix' of Pearson or Pulis though.

I'd go for a progressive young manager who will get us set up to win games, rather than setting up not to lose.

Someone in the mould of Bowyer, Karl Robinson, Darren Moore, Appleton etc.

I agree that we need a long term plan but I wouldn't want a young up and comer coming in to salvage this mess.

The smartest thing Dong ever did was bringing in Redknapp to save us. The worst was giving it Harry 'full time'

Pearson to save us. Up and comer for the 3 year plan part 2
16:27, Thu 18 Feb
I was all for him, thought here’s a guy who won’t put up with any messing around from the board, so either be here 3 weeks or 3 years.

Think somebody mentioned the Reading game and then there was 6-7 changes for the next match, that was the worrying signals for me, no manager in their right mind would do that unless injuries dictated it.

Bringing Gardener back was a step back imho thought there is a chance to get a decent coach in, because we look like a team who have never played together, just on the odd occasion you see some nice moves, but that is outweighed by the lack of basic football played.

People go on about players like the Juke, but if you are not given a chance to string a few regular games together, what kind of form are you going to find?

Looks like he will be here for the next game, but lose that, then he has to go.
16:28, Thu 18 Feb
Accrington Stanley are in the playoff places in League One. We could swap places with them. Just imagine if we get drawn against them next season in the Cup and beat them. Mighty Accrington lose to giant-killers Birmingham City...

We've fallen that low.
16:33, Thu 18 Feb
I also stuck with him longer than most based on his good record with Middlesbrough and the general reluctance to have another change of manager. My patience ended after the Luton game, a performance that was gutless, disjointed and totally lacking any form of cohesion. I was one of the 4000 at Bolton when we escaped the drop and although that team lacked quality it did possess determination and desire. If we are going to go down lets at least go down with a fight and get someone in who will put a team on the pitch that attempts to win every game and plays with bravery and togetherness. These are qualities that simply cannot be inspired by AK so he must go.

KRO - SOTV
17:04, Thu 18 Feb
foghorn leghorn
Its a similar position because no one trusts the manager and we bumped along in 23-24th place, for months. Games when we had the chances and end up with nothing, carried on for an eternity and then our form changed.

Our current form cannot get any worse, but it could raise up quickly when we finally win one.

It's similar in terms of us being dreadful, I agree, but the circumstances were very different. As I said earlier, Fry had 17 games before we turned the corner and was thrown in mid season when we were already struggling. Karanka has had 30, and signed over a dozen players, few of whom have made a positive impression.

Our form changed because we brought Mark Ward in. Can you see any talisman like that in the side who is likely to change things?

A couple of wins COULD kick start things, sure, but I can't see where the wins are coming from. Look what happened after our last two wins anyway. They preceded this dreadful run and, to add more misery, the player that was significant in those two wins now plays for Millwall
The Belle of St. Trillions
18:37, Thu 18 Feb
I actually want us to get relegated .
fed up of poor manager recruitment ,
fed up of poor player recruitment ,
fed up of poor decision making from the top !
we deserve to get relegated we've been bang average since gold and Sullivan cashed in on us , hopefully tta can cut there losses and crawl back to where they came from and they can take that cretin dong with them were a shambles of a club a prime example of how not to be run !
Let someone come in and buy us at a reduced price and build complete from the bottom .
18:39, Thu 18 Feb
2nd post ‘I want us to get relegated’

Linked Image
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
19:37, Thu 18 Feb
Dean or Juke are the the only likely candidates for the talisman role. Mark Ward calmed down our play, he made a big difference. We were like headless chickens, until he arrived.

We have to fight our way out now and hopefully that starts to show more, on Saturday. I will take a towering Harlee header and a 1-0 to stop the decline.
19:44, Thu 18 Feb
foghorn leghorn
Dean or Juke are the the only likely candidates for the talisman role. Mark Ward calmed down our play, he made a big difference. We were like headless chickens, until he arrived.

We have to fight our way out now and hopefully that starts to show more, on Saturday. I will take a towering Harlee header and a 1-0 to stop the decline.

I would take that - but I think Ward was a different kettle of fish, who could really influence a game with his poise and vision. Juke and Dean are battlers, but I don't think they can influence a game. I don't see anyone in midfield who can achieve much unless Harper has something in his locker which has been hinted at.
19:54, Thu 18 Feb
We could do with Gardner showing some of his early form again. He looked half way decent when he was on loan. Harper has also got to be given a run in the team. I've got the prayer mat out, on a daily basis.

I've got no idea really, we got lucky with Ward, because he fell out with Mike Walker and Barry was on it like a flash.
20:01, Thu 18 Feb
foghorn leghorn
We could do with Gardner showing some of his early form again. He looked half way decent when he was on loan. Harper has also got to be given a run in the team. I've got the prayer mat out, on a daily basis.

I've got no idea really, we got lucky with Ward, because he fell out with Mike Walker and Barry was on it like a flash.

Yeah, Ward really WAS a cut above. Shove up a bit and make room on that mat, will you?
20:04, Thu 18 Feb
Yes
Let's see where we are at the seasons end
If we go down then hopefully he will do the honourable thing and walk away. You can't keep chopping managers, it won't be the end of the world, it didn't do man city any harm
20:20, Thu 18 Feb
My mat is a bit threadbare and worn, by now.
Teams can be useless rubbish for 8 months and still stay up, it happens all the time. Swindon were near the bottom in November and got over 100 points. Sunderland did the same thing, so this division will always be wide open, at either end.
20:30, Thu 18 Feb
Goals are obviously the thing that gives a side a puncher's chance - that's the bit that worries me, as I can't see creativity or chances in that side. Happy to be wrong though. No - bloody ecstatic!
08:15, Fri 19 Feb
Brother Tam
Goals are obviously the thing that gives a side a puncher's chance - that's the bit that worries me, as I can't see creativity or chances in that side. Happy to be wrong though. No - bloody ecstatic!

Very few of our players have good goal scoring records. Sanchez does look good occasionally but has never scored consistently throughout his career. Of all the central midfielders we have I'd say GG is the most likely to score so he'd be a starter for me.