17:39, Sat 20 Feb
You are treating it on the basis of a single game. The subs Karanka made today were the same as the subs he has made all season, and they have cost us before.

We were an Etheridge super save away from drawing the game because of our change of play.

I'd say it is negligent not to recognise what is a clear pattern in our managers tactics.

We're not 21st for no reason.
17:44, Sat 20 Feb
I’m afraid you’re correct.
17:45, Sat 20 Feb
Exactly as I saw it. Talk about trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Delighted we won. Listened on Talksport radio commentary and nearly had a heart attack when Etheridge made 'that save'
Breath easy for a few days. But would really like us to put in a more positive, attack minded performance against Norwich even if we do do lose.
18:43, Sat 20 Feb
blueballs
I’m afraid you’re correct.

That’s my take
The tactics around the substitutions have been seen all season, and put us on the defensive as we try to close out games
He has no confidence we are good enough to score more and that attitude filters into the players & saps their confidence accordingly
18:55, Sat 20 Feb
bought himself some more time

Hopefully not 2 and a half years more
19:06, Sat 20 Feb
2 and half hours home will do for me, got to go
19:10, Sat 20 Feb
Promotion ?

Mate , we are heading the other way I'm afraid.....
19:15, Sat 20 Feb
Well when we’re allowed in the ground if he’s still here he’s going to get dogs abuse, not many on here support the guy
19:17, Sat 20 Feb
"Some may think me stupid for this statement, but I don't want to see this football anymore even if it leads to promotion. I don't enjoy it, it ruins our play and it means we will not see a healthy number of goals under this manager."

I said this when he signed. Totally Joyless football.

Most fans didn't really know who he was and were just excited we had a Spanish manager that made them feel cool and trendy.

The fact that he had scraped promotion once (After 3 years) on a mega budget, playing abysmal football was enough for some.

It looked like he was trying to sabotage us today with his negative substitutions.

(I don't think that BTW, #bcfcKARANKApensionfund), but he will get 3 yrs pay no matter what happens in what I. think will be his last management job which is why I don't think he will resign. Nobody will want him after this.

David Wagner anyone....

It does make me think that someone somewhere within in the club is hoping we go down / lose games. This negativity is too much of a coincidence. Any other club and he'd have been gone weeks back.

I want him gone.
Why don’t you step away from the keyboard and get a life?
19:34, Sat 20 Feb
Bossanova
"Some may think me stupid for this statement, but I don't want to see this football anymore even if it leads to promotion. I don't enjoy it, it ruins our play and it means we will not see a healthy number of goals under this manager."

I said this when he signed. Totally Joyless football.

Most fans didn't really know who he was and were just excited we had a Spanish manager that made them feel cool and trendy.

The fact that he had scraped promotion once (After 3 years) on a mega budget, playing abysmal football was enough for some.

It looked like he was trying to sabotage us today with his negative substitutions.

(I don't think that BTW, #bcfcKARANKApensionfund), but he will get 3 yrs pay no matter what happens in what I. think will be his last management job which is why I don't think he will resign. Nobody will want him after this.

David Wagner anyone....

Well, we'd just had a Spanish manager, so I don't think that 'cool and trendy' came into it. The majority of fans, I think, were reasonably pleased that at least we'd got a professional manager with experience of promotion, who was going to steady the ship and turn the squad into something we could be pleased with, and the appointment hinted at a pragmatic approach from the club, combined with a desire for continuity.

Hasn't quite worked out that way just yet, of course.....
The Belle of St. Trillions
19:39, Sat 20 Feb
bluer than blues
Great 3 points with some good performances from all but especially Bela, Harper, and Hogan.

But...

After going against his own principles and making a positive change that directly led to a goal, Karanka reverts to type, strips us of our threat and allows Wednesday back into the match. But for that Etheridge save, the game could have ended 1-1. It was completely unnecessary and showed that Karanka has negativity and fear in his soul and that will never change.

Some may think me stupid for this statement, but I don't want to see this football anymore even if it leads to promotion. I don't enjoy it, it ruins our play and it means we will not see a healthy number of goals under this manager.

Etheridge plays for us. We don't get the ones that opposition players stop either.
We have been reigning champions of the South for nearly 75 years and nobody talks about it. Why?
19:43, Sat 20 Feb
bluer than blues
I did yes.

Even with better players we still won't see huge goal returns under Karanka because of his inherent nature. Boro were the lowest scorers in the top 6 when they went up and they had a great attacking unit.

I imagine the teams in the top 6 that scored more were really happy to point to that in the Championship the next year.

Enjoy the win.
We have been reigning champions of the South for nearly 75 years and nobody talks about it. Why?
19:46, Sat 20 Feb
BlueJersey
baldrickarankoff
The substitutions were the mark of a scared man, worried about conceding rather than continuing to press

We all felt his lack of confidence & I’m sure the players did too

Time to go, for me

I think the subs were as you say a man desperate to hold onto the points.

To call for his head after a win is a bit childish imo. Enjoy the win and see how the midweek game goes.

This you can't crucify him when we play okay and lose then says it's in spite of him when we win. He took Sunjic off for Hallilovic. We scored and he changed it and we won. He won.
19:53, Sat 20 Feb
If he had left 4 attacking players on and they equalised he would be getting dogs.

Who knows without the extra body we had defending that cross, Rhodes may have had more time and buried it.

In these situations the Manager lives and dies by the result.

He got the result so lives.

Now , let’s get a point on Tuesday and another 3 vs QPR and start looking up the table.

KRC