12:32, Sun 21 Feb
I think Monk has a personality disorder. Said before he joined us he’s a snidey looking mothereffer

I cooked for him once when I worked in Solihull. Weirdly skittish and blunt when talking to his family and the waiter.

So it's your fault he got fat. Menu review in order :-)

D- for reading comprehension.

Although anyone who eats too much restaurant food will but weight in fast. The amount of butter and cream that goes into things is a joke, people really wouldn’t like to know haha.
13:39, Sun 21 Feb
George Orwell
After hearing of Stockdale having a blinder for Wycombe today, does anyone actually know why Monk bombed him out?

Stockdale came to Blues FOC from Brighton. We gave him a massive contract in lieu of there being no sign-on fee. Monk couldn’t cope with the plump goalie earning as much/more than him, so he tried to force him to take a massive wage cut. Stockdale is not the brightest, but he’s not that stupid. A contract is a contract. Not his fault that Dong gave him Monopoly money.

So Monk sidelined him, stupidly thinking that would force Stockdale to capitulate. Dong should have sorted this out, and told Monk to mind his own business. He should have managed Monk’s ego before it got out of hand.

There’s always been something fishy about Monk....
14:41, Sun 21 Feb
I think Monk has a personality disorder. Said before he joined us he’s a snidey looking mothereffer

I cooked for him once when I worked in Solihull. Weirdly skittish and blunt when talking to his family and the waiter.

So it's your fault he got fat. Menu review in order :-)

D- for reading comprehension.

Although anyone who eats too much restaurant food will but weight in fast. The amount of butter and cream that goes into things is a joke, people really wouldn’t like to know haha.

D was to kind
14:57, Sun 21 Feb
I served Monk and the backroom staff once a few years ago.

They all seemed quite unlikeable tbh, including Clotet. James Beattie seemed like a laugh though and shared a few jokes.

Also served Tom Ross, who wouldn't even have the courtesy of looking at you.

Stockdale's family are bang on tbf. Quite down to earth and kind.
Dong Ren Out.
15:46, Sun 21 Feb
LondonBlue

Surprised at that, I know he cops some stick on here but I met him a few years ago and he was really nice
DES
15:50, Sun 21 Feb
Sheev Palpatine
LondonBlue

Surprised at that, I know he cops some stick on here but I met him a few years ago and he was really nice

I’ve been bumping into tom Ross on and off for thirty five years, a nicer bloke you couldn’t wish to meet, proper Blues!

Kro
16:22, Sun 21 Feb
LondonBlue
I served Monk and the backroom staff once a few years ago.

They all seemed quite unlikeable tbh, including Clotet. James Beattie seemed like a laugh though and shared a few jokes.

Stockdale's family are bang on tbf. Quite down to earth and kind.

I think you may have misinterpreted that, LB. When at business dinners, particularly fine dining, your mind is to be focused on your guests and their conversation, so you would not be expected to engage much with the staff - until the end of the meal. A dinner with friends or family is quite different.

I’d say that in my (limited) experience, Tom Ross is very down to Earth and very approachable. I remember bumping into him after a Club dinner, and having a pint with him. I’m sure he would have done the same with you or any other guest that night.

I also think a lot of nonsense was written on here about Stockdale, often scapegoated. I’m not surprised that you found him & his Family to be ok. I would criticise his football mistakes and weight management, but there was no need for over-the-top character assassination.
16:37, Sun 21 Feb
Testicles
16:40, Sun 21 Feb
met Stockdale a few times. Lovely guy and as mentioned, family is very down to earth too. Didn't look overweight to me (when he was at Blues) but overweight for a footballer and for someone like me have very different meanings
00:34, Mon 22 Feb
Surprised you had a problem with Tom. I’ve met him several times and he’s a top bloke.
01:03, Mon 22 Feb
Fat Buddha
Testicles

Thank you for your invaluable insights. 😆
09:09, Mon 22 Feb
DES
DES
Sheev Palpatine
LondonBlue

I’ve been bumping into tom Ross on and off for thirty five years, a nicer bloke you couldn’t wish to meet, proper Blues!

Kro

Genuine question. Ever met anyone you don't think are the nicest person you could wish to meet?
09:14, Mon 22 Feb
Charcy
DES
Sheev Palpatine
LondonBlue

Kro

Genuine question. Ever met anyone you don't think are the nicest person you could wish to meet?

My wife.
It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask for permission.
DES
09:27, Mon 22 Feb
Charcy
DES
Sheev Palpatine
LondonBlue

Kro

John, I’ve always found if you are nice with people, they are nice back to you.

Kro
09:44, Mon 22 Feb
Did you not see the Brentford away game?