14:29, Mon 22 Feb
GonzaloFlores
El Mayor
GonzaloFlores
El Mayor
GonzaloFlores
My question is, if the aim is to no longer have the club as part of his portfolio, why is he only selling to himself (assuming Vong is a frontman)? Is it because it is safer than getting an external investor involved or is it because he actually still wants to own the club.

This aim is incorrect.

The aim would be to take it from nominal Chinese / HK hands (and be at the mercy of the Chinese Government), and put it into nominal Cambodian hands.

Do you think my second point is closer to the truth then in that he has no/little interest in selling and still wants to own the club, regardless of it being part of the HKSE listing or not?

I think he's interested now. How long that remains the case, I dunno.

Hopefully not much longer but I'm thinking for those fans who think as soon as we are off the HKSE we will be sold, that might not actually happen and he may keep ownership of the club for a while.

I'd be careful for what I hoped for, cos if he decides to eff us off that might only be the start of our problems.
14:55, Mon 22 Feb
El Mayor
I'd be careful for what I hoped for, cos if he decides to eff us off that might only be the start of our problems.

Thats true and if being honest I see a Wigan/Bolton situation coming for us.

I'm sure you get asked this a lot and its probably almost impossible to answer but what do you see being the realistic positive solution to the ownership problem?

The only outcomes I see are

1. Administration after King loses interest
2. A fans trust, backed by investors, buy the club after it is removed from the HKSE
3. A crazy billionaire with more money than sense decides to get involved with King and takeover from him

Not saying these are realistic positive solutions but the only solutions at all that I can see.
15:18, Mon 22 Feb
I don’t wish to be overly pessimistic but theoretically I think it could get worse than the situation at Wigan.

As I understand it the Wigan owner waived his right as a creditor in the administration. If Blues ownership passed to ORI and ORI decided they couldn’t afford the upkeep or whatever and put the club into administration they would be still be the club’s largest creditor and there would be no obligation on them to waive their right. What this would mean would be any threshold price for avoiding a further points deduction would be that much higher.

Not saying that is likely but just something to be borne in mind.
15:24, Mon 22 Feb
On administration that would mean they'd ensure everyone would get about 1p in the pound. And the administrators would prefer football creditors to have an entity to sell on.

We have an advantage over Wigan - crowds that are twice as big.
15:33, Mon 22 Feb
Obviously all of these worst case scenarios are horrific

But is it not more likely that King will just continue to own the club and fund it, until he either gets bored or doesn't want to fund it, at which point he will just sell it to someone else?

Obviously who he then sells it to is then the crucial part, but since we have no idea who he will sell it to, good or bad, I'm not sure what there is much to be said currently.
15:39, Mon 22 Feb
Le Mod
Obviously all of these worst case scenarios are horrific

But is it not more likely that King will just continue to own the club and fund it, until he either gets bored or doesn't want to fund it, at which point he will just sell it to someone else?

Obviously who he then sells it to is then the crucial part, but since we have no idea who he will sell it to, good or bad, I'm not sure what there is much to be said currently.

I think the issue with that is you don't just sell a club overnight. If he decided tomorrow to sell the club, it might be another 6 months, year or maybe longer until the deal is done. Will he continue to fund the club during this time or just cut his losses and pull his money out completely.

Also will he look to bleed to club dry and sell every asset before he sells.
16:07, Mon 22 Feb
StechyBlue
I'm not sure how to take this. One minute it suggests the club could eventually be sold as some sort of positive spin, then suggest we'd end up right back in chinese-cambodian hands.

Is this supposed to be a positive piece, or is it a deliberate chip-pisser?

I'll turn 40 before blues are out of chinese hands... mark my words.
I had you down as Atleast 55

Lol! Minus 23.
16:10, Mon 22 Feb
😁
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”