11:12, Mon 22 Feb
I didn't want him either, I heard too many bad things about him from a good contact at Leicester.

Behaving like a fanny was what he did, it wasn't just a show for journalists.
11:19, Mon 22 Feb
I'd take him over AK at this point but that's obviously an incredibly low bar.

I agree though, I'm not sure there are any free managers who would get me excited. Paul Cook would probably be the best one but I think he's overrated on here.

He's a promising manager with a good career progression who would have some knowledge of our fanbase and what it's about. That would make him a decent candidate 'if' we were looking, but he's not the chosen one.

I think he may well end up at Albion though. I can't see Big Sam being up for the Championship schedule and I would have thought they they're already sounding next season's manager out.
11:24, Mon 22 Feb
Miguelagenn
I didn't want him either, I heard too many bad things about him from a good contact at Leicester.

Behaving like a fanny was what he did, it wasn't just a show for journalists.

Yeah, I know a lad who worked as a journo on the local Leicester paper...The Mercury is it?

He's a Leicester fan and covers them locally.

He told me quite a bit of inside stuff about the Ranieri period - wasn't massively complimentary about some of the players or Craig Shakespeare...let's put it this way, Shakespeare will fit right in with the culture at villa. And judging by the size of him on that touchline yesterday I think he's tried to eat most of the culture.

But anyway, on the subject of Pearson he said exactly what you just said pretty much. He said it's not an act or a persona with Pearson, he just is a horrible bloke.

He reckons he's met plenty of other people in football who've got a gruff exterior, but when you get talking to them they're actually ok. Pearson just is what he is, and it's not great.

I could accept the argument that that doesn't matter if they are good enough, but I'm not convinced he's got that any more either.
11:34, Mon 22 Feb
All conjecture and pie in the sky about these new managers

In Aitor we shrug πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
11:40, Mon 22 Feb
Sheep2
Joey Barton in at Rovers as well.

They couldn't let Bristol City get ahead of the in the unlikeable manager stakes.

Let's hope they both fail. It would be nice for once to see a pair of sagging bristols
12:09, Mon 22 Feb
You ain’t met my Mrs
12:20, Mon 22 Feb
Would have him in tomorrow if he found the next Mahrez again!
12:25, Mon 22 Feb
Super Hans
Boo42
Spike
I don't like Pearson and wouldn't have wanted him.

Don't like him as a bloke and whatever he had as a manager I think he has lost. He seems pretty lacking in motivation to me these days.

We'll see, but even if we had a managerial vacancy I wouldn't want him.

Best available candidate by a long way.
His pedigree is way above the other managers mentioned on here.

I think "liking him" is irrelevant...it's his credentials that matter

I think AK has proven that solely looking at a managers achievements isn't enough.

AK 1 season in Prem doesn't count as a achievement in my estimation
Comparing AJ to Pearson chalk and cheese

Don't know Pearson don't know any of the available managers no-one does

I have seen him be a bit terse with journos and called them out πŸ‘
He is quite arrogant but that's not always a bad thing.
He knows how to put a side together
I'm tired of us shopping in Basement bargains for the last 10yrs or more.
51.4% win rate at Leicester,his team that were nailed on for relegation and its momentum went on to lift the PL Title.

Moreover I think he would have been a ruthless fit that we're long overdue.

Yes he's a bit odd but that matters not to me.
12:43, Mon 22 Feb
Boo42
Super Hans
Boo42
Spike

Don't like him as a bloke and whatever he had as a manager I think he has lost. He seems pretty lacking in motivation to me these days.

I think AK has proven that solely looking at a managers achievements isn't enough.

So AK's promotion and half season in the PL don't count but Pearsons promotion does?
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
Sweepover
51.4% win rate at Leicester,his team that were nailed on for relegation and its momentum went on to lift the PL Title.

Moreover I think he would have been a ruthless fit that we're long overdue.

Yes he's a bit odd but that matters not to me.

Same here. Don’t care if he spends his days off burning tenners in front of down and outs, I want a manager that will save Blues from relegation and he’d fit the bill.
Anyone who thinks that after Saturday we’re saved needs to take a long hard look at the bottom of the table.
Rotherham are only two points below us and have two games in hand.
Every day that goes by with Karanka in charge raises our odds of relegation, every day Dong dithers over replacing Karanka sees another suitable replacement go elsewhere.
I’m kind of getting the impression that relegation is the goal...
13:02, Mon 22 Feb
Super Hans
Boo42
Super Hans
Boo42
Spike

So AK's promotion and half season in the PL don't count but Pearsons promotion does?

Never said that..Pearson has operated at a higher level for longer with better players.

I don't care if he's a bit of an arse ie: Alex Ferguson

Sports journalists gave Pearson credit for building the team that won the title, as did player Riyad Mahrez.
13:05, Mon 22 Feb
Super Hans
Boo42
Super Hans
Boo42
Spike

Never said that..Pearson has operated at a higher level for longer with better players.

Sports journalists gave Pearson credit for building the team that won the title, as did player Riyad Mahrez.

It was 5 games before he gave Marhez a start. The man clearly knows nothing about football
13:07, Mon 22 Feb
Fat Buddha
Super Hans
Boo42
Super Hans
Boo42
Spike

It was 5 games before he gave Marhez a start. The man clearly knows nothing about football

🀣🀣🀣 love it πŸ‘
13:13, Mon 22 Feb
Pearson certainly did build a good squad, I don't know how much of that was him or the management structure at Leicester which has proven to be far more succesful after him than Pearson has been at other clubs.

Going back to my original point, your using something Pearson did around 6 years ago as proof that he'd be great now, something I was guilty of regarding AK in the summer.

Maybe he will do really well with Bristol, we've had plenty of yesterdays managers recently who have been shite for us so I'd rather go for an up and coming manager who's having success right now. The last time we did that we had our best finish since Hughton.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.