In the mid to late 80s I worked in Coventry and we had the Midlands Alliance against Villa in the office. Blues, Cov, Leicester, West Brom and Wolves, all used to take the piss out of Villa fans, but got on well with each other. Cov, won the FA cup while I was there and god did a lot people that I did not think followed football become die hard Cov, fans.
14:40, Mon 22 Feb
bluepeter
Thought Bolton might get a mention, there seemed to be a bit of a love-in there for a while ...

Back in the days at the old ground, there was no danger of Blues and Bolton fans being friends. They were aresholes. When you walked round the corner from that supermarket end they were waiting to ambush you. They would jump in - throw a few kicks and punches then run like hell.

The game at Burnden when Fry had that mad run which nearly kept us up, the Blues end was full and the gates were locked. Me and my mates paid in at the Bolton end. After a few minutes some Bolton loonies had obviously clocked that we were Blues and started moving in for the attack - at which point Blues scored and half the end went up making it obvious that there were loads of Blues fans all over that end...at which point the Bolton tough lads made their excuses and left.

That game where we stayed up - when Juke scored their second the Bolton fans on the side were giving it loads, taking the piss - and they started singing "We're Bolton Wanderers - we're sending you down..."

Blues fans were a bit short of humour at that stage- so they responded with "We're Birmingham City - we'll see you outside".

At this stage it seemed to me that a lot of the Bolton fans became big Blues fans and were willing us on to success - when Caddis nodded that equaliser in there were celebrations amongst the Bolton fans and loads of good wishes being sent across the divide as they assured us that they had only been joking about sending us down and were actually delighted we had stayed up...
I generally have a bit of a soft spot for some of the teams my mates support who I've been to see. I've seen Bristol Rovers get promoted at Wembley and went to an away match against Bristol City so I've always quite liked them. Similarly, I've seen Newport survive relegation in the final minutes and also get promoted at Wembley in the playoffs so they're another team I look out for the results for.

If either were in our league or against us in the cup, they'd just be another team but when their results have nothing to do with ours, they're always the first ones I look for after ours.
15:16, Mon 22 Feb
Spike
bluepeter
Thought Bolton might get a mention, there seemed to be a bit of a love-in there for a while ...

Back in the days at the old ground, there was no danger of Blues and Bolton fans being friends. They were aresholes. When you walked round the corner from that supermarket end they were waiting to ambush you. They would jump in - throw a few kicks and punches then run like hell.

The game at Burnden when Fry had that mad run which nearly kept us up, the Blues end was full and the gates were locked. Me and my mates paid in at the Bolton end. After a few minutes some Bolton loonies had obviously clocked that we were Blues and started moving in for the attack - at which point Blues scored and half the end went up making it obvious that there were loads of Blues fans all over that end...at which point the Bolton tough lads made their excuses and left.

That game where we stayed up - when Juke scored their second the Bolton fans on the side were giving it loads, taking the piss - and they started singing "We're Bolton Wanderers - we're sending you down..."

Blues fans were a bit short of humour at that stage- so they responded with "We're Birmingham City - we'll see you outside".

At this stage it seemed to me that a lot of the Bolton fans became big Blues fans and were willing us on to success - when Caddis nodded that equaliser in there were celebrations amongst the Bolton fans and loads of good wishes being sent across the divide as they assured us that they had only been joking about sending us down and were actually delighted we had stayed up...

Actually that’s a fair point because a similar thing happened to us. There were about 6 of us and one had come with his Dad and that seemed to get us into the Family Stand behind the goal as the away end was full. I remember it now really well, Roger Willis scored, we jumped up and about a dozen of Bolton’s finest jumped the fence into the Family Stand looking for trouble. I think they realised that there were more than just us 6 in there and thought better of it!

I didn’t get to the great escape game, watched it in a bar in Spain, but know a Bolton fan well and they say that they genuinely were pleased for us staying up that day.

Also know a Norwich fan - they are a different breed to most and certainly when compared to Blues. I suspect the only trouble they get at games is if Marjorie isn’t allowed t bring her knitting in or Jeremy is struggling with the Guardian crossword at half time.
I can remember a meaningless end-of-season match with Reading where everyone was exchanging songs about Mark McGhee, to mutual applause.
There are a few that I dislike more than the others for one silly reason or another, like Palace for starters, I always want them to lose. I don't really know why. Occasionally I'll 'follow' a team as in, make sure I catch their game if they're on tv, such as the Spurs team from a couple of years ago for example. The rest are pretty much the same except for a few of the lower clubs who have good followings, such as Hereford and Plymouth. I like to see their fans have their share of success. I don't like Wrexham, I hope they fall flat on their faces with this takeover. I will hardly ever watch villa on tv but I will Wolves. Albion are just another team, not bothered what they do.

I've been to watch Solihull Moors a few times but I watch the games from a neutral point of view. I can't get agitated by refereeing decisions or over-excited when Moors score. When they do score it's very much a reserved round of applause. You can only ever truly support one team, if you've changed your team then something's gone wrong somewhere.
15:42, Mon 22 Feb
There are a few that I dislike more than the others for one silly reason or another, like Palace for starters, I always want them to lose. I don't really know why. Occasionally I'll 'follow' a team as in, make sure I catch their game if they're on tv, such as the Spurs team from a couple of years ago for example. The rest are pretty much the same except for a few of the lower clubs who have good followings, such as Hereford and Plymouth. I like to see their fans have their share of success. I don't like Wrexham, I hope they fall flat on their faces with this takeover. I will hardly ever watch villa on tv but I will Wolves. Albion are just another team, not bothered what they do.

I've been to watch Solihull Moors a few times but I watch the games from a neutral point of view. I can't get agitated by refereeing decisions or over-excited when Moors score. When they do score it's very much a reserved round of applause. You can only ever truly support one team, if you've changed your team then something's gone wrong somewhere.

I’m like that with Newport, went to see a team of our kids play em, when they were non league and playing at an athletics stadium with only one stand,I think Daish played too coming back from an injury and thought their fans were a right laugh. Went to see em regularly after that until they got back in the league. Still go maybe a couple of times a season but couldn’t give shit whether they win or not
16:03, Mon 22 Feb
The worst case of that I ever saw - was at Brentford of all places.

Not sure how well you know Griffin Park but in the corner by the players' tunnel there is a disabled section where wheelchair users from both clubs are situated. To the other side of that is a home section for able bodied...though not always able minded home fans.

Going back a few years we were playing there and Ryan Shotton poked a goal in for us. Our disabled fans were celebrating the goal and a couple of the Brentford fans completely lost their shit and ran into the disabled section to remonstrate with our disabled...and I mean badly disabled...fans for cheering the Blues goal. The one muppet got right up in the face of one of our fans and was completely melting down - I honestly thought he was going to plonk one on this lad...it was absolutely horrendous.

So by now all hell is breaking loose - our fans have seen this happening and are trying to get onto the trackside to steam across and sort this bloke out, other Brentford fans are trying to drag the bloke away. And all the way back to his seat this bloke is still absolutely losing it and stabbing his fist towards this wheelchair lad for mugging him off by celebrating a goal.

You do worry for humanity when you see stuff like that.
18:38, Mon 22 Feb
I watch out for a few, mainly due to family, friendship ect. In order:
Aberdeen
Fulham
Millwall
Leyton Orient
Bristol Rovers
St Mirren

Worst pricks ever met, though I haven't met many, Derby and Leicester.
18:47, Mon 22 Feb
i remember that bolton game under fry like it was yesterday.

jimmy phillips back pass went past the keeper and looked for the world as though it was going in before it was cleared off the line.

there was needle with bolton in that era. i was at a game in the early 90's when we lost 3-1 up there. i'd say no more than 400 blues and we were run everywhere.

different story the next season when the old bill feared blues would turn up mob handed to seek revenge and switched the kick off to a sunday morning. thousands of blues turned up anyway many of us still out from the night before.
"supporters should be patient a little while longer - sunshine days are just around the corner."
Ken Wheldon - March 18th 1988
19:02, Mon 22 Feb
And I know some use that as a stick to beat Blues, but I actually love that in instances like that, which definitely happened, our fans won’t let it happen again and will show that in no uncertain terms
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
19:16, Mon 22 Feb
Spike
bluepeter

Yes, that was quite funny. I was in the upper tier to the right, and there was lots of goading - for a while. Then they became very supportive. I used to have quite a soft spot for Bolton - I may have mentioned that I lived there before! - but that was in there days of Roger Hunt, etc. Good old ground that was, though, Burnden. I went there quite a lot. I remember one games - I think it was the first game of the season against Man City - the police were doing searches going in, and the noise of flick knives being dropped was quite funny - well it was at the time as I was about 12, but it really wasn't, of course. I did take a couple home to show off with though. The week after I left Bolton, a Blackpool fan got stabbed to death by one of the Bolton nutters. There were some nasty bastards up there.
The Belle of St. Trillions
19:18, Mon 22 Feb
Miguelagenn
There are a few that I dislike more than the others for one silly reason or another, like Palace for starters, I always want them to lose. I don't really know why.

Me too. I don't like their team colours, I don't like Selhurst, I don't like Croydon - the place seems grey and depressing, completely soulless. I don't like their 'Ultras'. I really dislike them.
19:20, Mon 22 Feb
Roger the lodger
I hate every other club in the country to varying degrees. I don’t even like us most of the time.

This 👍🏻
Liam daish and his trumpet
With Norwich coming next I was just wondering if we had or have any mutual appreciation towards other teams or fans?

I remember with Norwich in the play of final and in their next appearance at stans there was a bit of getting on between us.

Yeah, they were great. Much more amenable to be around than some of the Blues fans that day - around us in the ground, a few of them were utterly scummy.